anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Options

Comments

• Claire71uk
    Claire71uk Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2013 at 11:53AM
    Options
    Official MSE Note: WAE's email address is: management@waeplus.com

Back to the original post...

Both email WAE on [text removed by MSE Forum Team] request prompt reply.

Take both your order, and this email to your bank and any evidence showing WAE are not acting in accordance to your contract.

The bank should act in your favour, and extract funds from the merchant acting for WAE.

Note DSR....
    If the seller has failed to comply with the requirements to provide information, Distance Selling Regulations mean that your right to cancel doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after the seller does comply.

This is up to a maximum of three months and seven working days from when you placed your order.

Although, be aware that this doesn't apply to specific date contracts for transport services and events.

You can also report the breach of contract to Trading Standards.

Most get their money back, eventually...but usually after 30-60 days.

Not really fair, that they earn interest on our money to fund a new warehouse, which probably won't carry stock.
  • deepindebtor
    deepindebtor Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ordered a Senseo coffee maker via the site, delivery date came and went, no item.

Asked for a refund, asked to wait longer, I refused.

Asked for a refund, company stopped replying.

So looks like a chargeback from me too.

How can companies like this operate in the UK, surely Trading Standards should be doing something? I will be in touch with them.
  • Claire71uk
    Options
    Birmingham Trading Standards.... They are investigating my complaint.

Send your complaints to Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk, the more they see the more reason they will have to shut them down, or prosecute and fine them

It took Trading Standards 3 months just to respond, but I believe anyone who's has been mistreated by WAE+ should be heard.

The investigation may also support any credit card or bank chargebacks, anyone may need to make.

Trading Standards direct email Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk

Best of luck everyone.
  • si71
    si71 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    :T What a load of cobblers you are con artists of the worst kind!! you may have scammed me and thousands of others but i gonna dance on ya grave when trading standards finally take you down !!!!!.
    WaePlus wrote: »
    Our phone lines may often be busy, due to the volume of calls we receive, but we do definitely respond to all fast response form requests within a few days. Due to extended bank holidays this can sometimes be delayed, and we can only apologise for this delay.

In the above case, we had investigated the delivery and found that it had not indeed been delivered, but had been misplaced by the courier company. We regret that this had an impact on the customer, but need to stress that this is an exception to the rule, and that our orders are delivered well within the time-frame specified at checkout.
  • MadMick_2
    MadMick_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    They scammed me too :mad:, on an item that was never actually "in stock".
    I then had the "double whammy" of having the additional cost of purchasing the item that I wanted from a reputable company, whilst WAE+ deliberately held on to my original order money for as long as possible.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD A SIMILAR WAE+ EXPERIENCE, PLEASE GOOGLE SEARCH

Holly Brooks Shut Down WAE+ petition page (sorry I cannot post a direct link)

Also contact Trading Standards, as advised in posts above.
  • ShortRound
    ShortRound Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 30 May 2013 at 11:54AM
    Options
    After a month waiting for my refund I started court action. They didn't even bother to acknowledge the court action. Got a judgment against them and they then paid the refund. I am now starting enforcement action to get back the court costs.

No company should be allowed to behave this way. I don't understand why they are still trading?

If you need an email address for their customer services try this one:

[text removed by MSE Forum Team]

Official MSE Note: WAE's email address is: management@waeplus.com

:beer:
  • Claire71uk
    edited 30 May 2013 at 11:54AM
    Options
    Well done, as you have a CCJ....I would request High Court Bailiffs chase the debt....
    ShortRound wrote: »
    After a month waiting for my refund I started court action. They didn't even bother to acknowledge the court action. Got a judgment against them and they then paid the refund. I am now starting enforcement action to get back the court costs.

No company should be allowed to behave this way. I don't understand why they are still trading?

If you need an email address for their customer services try this one:

[text removed by MSE Forum Team]
    :beer:
  • MadMick_2
    MadMick_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2013 at 6:44PM
    Options
    New and upcoming attractions from the same people that brought you WEAREELECTRICALS and WAE+

Extaq.com
    Fairly new (office and electrical --sounds familiar) online retailer (Birmingham based).
    One of the Directors is also presently e-commerce manager for WAE+
    :cool:
    and
    BIG SHED EUROPE LIMITED
    London based with the same two directors as WAE+ and surprise, surprise
    plus that companies e-commerce lead and current director of Extaq who assumes the role of Director and Company Secretary.

Be wary of the online retailers that you choose to use.
  • NellyMelba
    Options
    I wished I'd checked this site before I ordered on-line with them. I say ordered but their website crashed our browser twice, sent an "insecure certificate" and couldn't complete our order. Because we aborted the 1st transaction (or so we thought) and tried again this time using my credit card, they already had our card details and took two lots of money but only created one order! I didn't waste time - I annoyed the hell out of them and demanded a refund everyday and I immediately set up a dispute with my credit card company. Finally two weeks later my card has been refunded!

Meanwhile the order, promised to arrive last Friday suddenly became "out of stock" (surprise, surprise!) My OH who works for a national newspaper rang them and told them he wanted an immediate refund, confirmed by email and sent to his work address! They stalled a bit over the phone but finally sent an email say an immediate refund would be made within 3-5 days. He's already spoken to the bank and they will be dealing with WAE if the refund is not made in that time.

It seems like they make money by hanging onto yours for as long as they can, earning interest. Eventually if they get enough grief they will pay you back within "their terms" but as many people give up they pocket the cash. Don't waste time or money with this company.
  • WAEareRUBBISH
    Options
    http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/shut-down-wae-plus-for-conning-millions-of-online-shoppers

Please sign the petition if you have been conned by WAE+ theives they are!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure