Petrol running low

Options

Comments

• ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2012 at 12:39PM
    Options
    Announced on the news Unite isn't even considering a strike until after Easter assuming one occurs at all.

All those morons queuing for hours to get £10 of petrol.....

And pushed up the price of petrol, whilst doing so.

The government must be rubbing their hands with glee :rotfl:

Still, there will always be, as you said, morons.

Isn't it about time there was a strike about the cost of fuel?

Or should i say, industrial action?
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I managed to get some petrol this morning. Had to wait a little bit but I cut that wait down as every one was waiting for the pump on the side of their filler cap. I just jumped the lot and went to the other side. :D

I only put half a tank in. Wasn't brimming it like all the panic buyers.
  • Millionaire
    Millionaire Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I passed 3 petrol stations and they all were full of cars queuing. I drove past having a good laugh at the mugs. I have just under half a tank of fuel and won't fill up until i normally do.
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well the talks are on Monday and if they go badly then strike dates will be announced shortly afterwards I suspect. At this point we'll probably see another round of queues.
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    we only have one petrol station where i am and its got no fuel
    i went with a can an hour ago as a cars run out
    stupid people in this country cant see beyond their noses i hope they are pleased with them selves
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Strider, there was no tax rise in petrol in this budget, just confirmation that it'll go up 3p in August.
    I don't know how much time you people have to drive around petrol stations putting 1/4 of a tank at a time in (or £6.23 like the post above!) but surely it's FAR more efficient, and less chance of being stuck in a queue at any time, to just fill the tank from empty every time.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Announced on the news Unite isn't even considering a strike until after Easter assuming one occurs at all...

That's because the talks with ACAS are not until Monday. They can't call a strike ahead of the negotiations and would still need to give at least 7 days notice thereafter.
    In a statement, assistant general secretary Diana Holland said: "We do still retain the right to call strike action for after Easter should those talks break down."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17558294
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    Strider, there was no tax rise in petrol in this budget, just confirmation that it'll go up 3p in August.

No, but it still went up by 3p the instant the budget was declared :(
    I don't know how much time you people have to drive around petrol stations putting 1/4 of a tank at a time in (or £6.23 like the post above!) but surely it's FAR more efficient, and less chance of being stuck in a queue at any time, to just fill the tank from empty every time.

I never drop to empty, I always refuel at my preferred petrol station when im at or just below 1/4....... With the inaccurate (non-linear) fuel gauge, 1/4 gives me around 70miles. I fill til it clicks every single time.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    to just fill the tank from empty every time.

Exactly! That's all I do and at half a tank left in the car, I haven't touched it unlike some who have been out and fuelled up three cars without being panicked at all ;)

We're off to the lakes next week so I'll fill her up at some point over the weekend and then simply not worry about it.

Given the way prices are rising at the moment anyway, filling up has been the sensible option for months because even if you use it slowly the next time you get to the pump it'll be 2 or 3p a litre more.

5t.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    Call me selfish if you want, but the moment the strikes were announced I went and filled my tank to the brim. Considering everyone else was going to do the same, I merely did it before there started to be long queues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure