Petrol running low

Options

Comments

• sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    Petrol and diesel prices have increased by 4-5p/litre as a result of the psychotic morons who want a car brimmed full of petrol sitting on their drive "just in case" they need to drive to the other side of the country "in an emergency" :rotfl:

If this is a snipe at me, then I'll ask you this: Do you know anything about me? If so, how can you possibly know whether or not an emergency is likely? Would you be able to say, with any facts to speak of, whether I perhaps have a sick uncle on the "other side of the country"?

Perhaps learn to think before you speak, everyone has different circumstances.
  • eezer
    eezer Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if the OPEC countries are watching and smiling to themselves as 10 years on, we really are no further on in lessening our continued dependence on them.

I am supposed to have a car available at all times for work purposes. But I refuse to play the panic game. I'll quite happily queue all day on Monday if necessary for fuel as I probably will need it by then, but that'll be on works time, not my own.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    If this is a snipe at me

It is not a snipe at you. :)
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    eezer wrote: »
    I wonder if the OPEC countries are watching and smiling to themselves as 10 years on, we really are no further on in lessening our continued dependence on them.

I am supposed to have a car available at all times for work purposes. But I refuse to play the panic game. I'll quite happily queue all day on Monday if necessary for fuel as I probably will need it by then, but that'll be on works time, not my own.

So you need the car ready for work?
    But rather than fill it up last week, before all the queues started to snowball, after the news, you didn't fill it up straight away, because you can do the queueing and get paid for it?
  • eezer
    eezer Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    mikey72 wrote: »
    So you need the car ready for work?
    But rather than fill it up last week, before all the queues started to snowball, after the news, you didn't fill it up straight away, because you can do the queueing and get paid for it?

Most of the £40 I put in last week before it all kicked off has gone - purely in the course of work. There's no way I spending my weekend loading the kids into the car and rushing round in a desperate attempt to find petrol. If I stumble across an empty garage then fine, if not then it'll be Monday on works time.
  • thefishdude
    thefishdude Posts: 541 Forumite
    Options
    its all got a bit mad tbh, a female friend of mine ran out of diesel so walked to petrol station with her plastic can to fill up, then got load of abuse hurled at her for storing up petrol, causing the chaos and general just giving her abuse for filling up a can from loads of queing idiots. a patient transort vechile that was filling up gaveher a lift back to her car so she dint have get more abuse on way out.

seriously what hell sort of country do we live in makes me sick
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    its all got a bit mad tbh, a female friend of mine ran out of diesel so walked to petrol station with her plastic can to fill up, then got load of abuse hurled at her for storing up petrol, causing the chaos and general just giving her abuse for filling up a can from loads of queing idiots. a patient transort vechile that was filling up gaveher a lift back to her car so she dint have get more abuse on way out.

seriously what hell sort of country do we live in makes me sick
    Did she queue up like everyone else or did she, as I suspect, walk right up to the pump jumping in front of anyone already queuing there. Perhaps that might be the reason she got a load of abuse.
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lum wrote: »
    Apparently she ended up trolling a lot of people when she left work a few hours ago. The station was completely out of petrol/diesel/super, just LPG and the shop.

So she's there on an otherwise deserted forecourt, parked at a pump filling up, people would be driving past, stomp on the brakes and pull into the station only to find that they can't use the pump she was using and the rest of the pumps aren't working. :D

Brilliant, as I suspected.
    Crabman wrote: »
    Someone please try this and put the resulting comedy show on YouTube :D
    Hear hear.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    I can get 160 miles from my tank so I've actually got 3 weeks worth.

It's easy to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, and call people a "!!!!!!" when you've no basis in fact to substantiate such an insult.

I'm guessing you wouldn't say that to my face, out in the real world, as likely as not you wouldn't even think of it, or want to do so.

Time to grow up.

160 from a tank ..what are you driving tank/truck or hummer
    time to change vehicle i think or ease the foot off the pedal

oh and yes i would still call you !!!!!! to your face for panic buying and driving a gas guzzler
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    160 from a tank ..what are you driving tank/truck or hummer
    time to change vehicle i think or ease the foot off the pedal

oh and yes i would still call you !!!!!! to your face for panic buying and driving a gas guzzler

Yes its a gas guzzler if you want to call it that but IT RARELY GETS USED so in actuality is exactly the same as someone who drives a less petrol hungry motor more often.

It sounds like you have anger issues which need to be addressed if you think someone panic buying and driving a thirsty car is a "!!!!!!".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure