Petrol running low

Options

Comments

• oldagetraveller
    Options
    " but the moment the strikes were announced"
    But strikes have NOT been announced, have they?:(
    All that's happened is a ballot for industrial action IF necessary.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was on half a tank which would normally last another week or so. However this weekend I'm driving from Hampshire to Yorkshire and back again so needed to top up. Garage close to my work was fine, it was full but I was filling up within a couple of minutes.
  • stevemcol
    stevemcol Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    Options
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Call me selfish if you want, but the moment the strikes were announced I went and filled my tank to the brim. Considering everyone else was going to do the same, I merely did it before there started to be long queues.

Sharpy2010, I'm sure you're a nice person but I hate what you and like minded people have done. You and the idiot politicians have caused a problem where none existed. I've behaved reasonably and as a result, my car is now parked outside my house in the red.
    Still, I'm looking forward to using my bike for a while until the fuss has died down.
    There was no real problem in 2000 but a similar band of drama queens caused chaos.

Hate to say it but you did ask....Sharpy2010, you're selfish.
    Apparently I'm 10 years old on MSE. Happy birthday to me...etc
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I live in aberdeenshire and no one seems to be panic buying,passed 2 petrol stations,only 2 cars in each.
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    stevemcol wrote: »
    Sharpy2010, I'm sure you're a nice person but I hate what you and like minded people have done. You and the idiot politicians have caused a problem where none existed. I've behaved reasonably and as a result, my car is now parked outside my house in the red.
    Still, I'm looking forward to using my bike for a while until the fuss has died down.
    There was no real problem in 2000 but a similar band of drama queens caused chaos.

Hate to say it but you did ask....Sharpy2010, you're selfish.

This is, I guess, the point I'm making... You couldn't meet a nicer person than me. I'll help old ladies across the road, direct lost foreigners to where they're going, and all those other stereotypes you might want to mention.

But, in the end it all boils down to human nature, which is self preservation. It's a shame, but thats the way it is.

Actually, I didn't particularly ask if I was selfish, as I know I am in certain situations. But I'm also a good, decent person too.

No one is perfect, I suppose.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Call me selfish if you want, but the moment the strikes were announced I went and filled my tank to the brim. Considering everyone else was going to do the same, I merely did it before there started to be long queues.

how many miles do you drive in a week
  • brokenant
    brokenant Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    It might be selfish but has to be done, and will be by me after today. Went to fill up the shogun at lunch as normal on payday, visited 9 petrol stations, 6 completely dry, 2 unleaded only and the last one with 30+ cars queued (tesco unfortunately). Must have been running on fumes as it took £120 of diesel to fill.
    I did notice a lot of people putting in less than 20 litres, there the ones making everything worse.
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    Same people would be first in to a lifeboat, first out of a fire, first to grab the aid in a disaster, first to fill up in a crisis. Why, because they are survivors and the rat race is survival of the fittest.
    Morals wont get you to work or save your job when the sackings come for not been able to get there.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    I LOLd this morning on my way to work as I saw a queue of traffic going into tesco's for fuel backing out and blocking the lane 1 on the main road, I was in lane 2 and had just overtaken everyone up to the lights waiting to go straight on, when I realised what all the traffic was for, oh boy did I have a good chortle at all the fools panicking when they have to give 7 days notice of a strike. 400 yds further on was a Texaco with similar if not identical prices to Tesco and only 2 cars queueing for that one, they were inside the forecourt too.

I have about 5 litres of petrol in my tank and I'm happy as Larry as I only use about 20 ml of petrol each day so I have enough to last me about ummmm 9 months ..... The rest of the time I use LPG :D

All those cars driving round with full tanks will slowly reduce the queues at the pumps LOL.
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    how many miles do you drive in a week

Maybe 50 or so, I don't rely on my car, but I want it available to use in an emergency situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure