PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,934 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The last week has been disappointing bargain-wise :(

Only purchase has been a book, 'A Street Cat Named Bob' for £1.50 from the Mind shop. I was going to go and see the film but will now settle for reading the book. (Much cheaper!)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Local Hospice shop yesterday:
    M&S black lycra skirt, will be great with thick tights and possibly Doc Marts £2.00
    Next teal lycra skirt, I have a White Stuff top that looks great with it £2.00
    Wallis tan and black tunic with a detail neckline and low line pockets, will wear with thick tights/leggings and UGG boots £3.00
    Black sequinned dress with cut-away sleeves and turtle neck, maybe my Christmas 'LBD' £3.50

Shopaholic to the Rescue book to complete my Sophie Kinsella collection 75p

I quite often find that I go for ages without a bargain then - just like buses - lots come along at the same time.
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Found the matching dungarees to a hoodie top I already bought DS, £1. Tag in the hoodie said it was part of a set of three,assume I'm missing a vest or top.

Several M&S cardigans for £3.50 each and one from East made with Merino wool.

Best lately was a nice lightly padded, hooded and longer length grey coat made by Boysens for £6.00. Had never heard of them before but looking online they sell between £40-100 new :eek:

All local hospice shop.

It's slightly colder where we've moved to, we've come just far enough from north London to lose the heat island effect and be bordering on rural, though we're in a small town. I do a lot of walking with DS in his pram (I don't drive anyway) and the house doesn't stay very warm when the heating goes off right now as it's barely been above 5°c daytimes recently! Hence some newer warm bits of clothing needed, slight shock to the system after being so warm whilst pregnant. DS is three months old today :eek:
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cancer shop was holding a £1 day at the weekend and I got a French Connection navy and white stripey tee shirt and an aran style waistcoat.

Picked up a Sheila O' Flanagan book I haven't read for 50p today. Well worth it for the relaxation it promises.:)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I may have a bargain.
    It needs to go into the washing machine on a wool programme.
    Label says 'Dry clean only'.
    Hah!
    Whenever have I taken notice of that?
    I may live to regret this - but hope not.
    Watch this space......
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 December 2016 at 9:58PM
    Options
    Our local hospice CS had the most gorgeous little wooden sewing box cupboard, a lid opens on a sewing box, all lined in fabric and with pockets for bits and pieces. Then below the box there is a drawer, full of all manners of wooden spools of thread, some almost finished, some full, a pair of embroidery scissors, a few tape measures, a tin full of pins and a few more oddments. Cost £25. I just could not resist it. I sent up a prayer of thanks for the previous owner, she must have been a real craftperson. I promised this would be my incentive to start sewing again.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    The last week has been disappointing bargain-wise :(

Only purchase has been a book, 'A Street Cat Named Bob' for £1.50 from the Mind shop. I was going to go and see the film but will now settle for reading the book. (Much cheaper!)

And a wonderful book it is too! :-)

My bargains this week included:

- A nautical-themed heavy cotton top for work wardrobe purposes (£4)
    - A pair of Next smart casual thick cotton trousers (£4)
    - A Dunelm single cup teapot/cup (£3)
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • lucywillow
    Options
    A brand new Smythson leather Mobile phone case for £1.50 ( checked online when I got home and it is on their website for £125 !!!!) my phone only cost £20!

A new still sealed Jamie Oliver recipe wooden box for £2.50 that I had been admiring in the Debenhams Christmas catalogue yesterday but couldn't justify the £22 price tag.:T:T:T

This is why I love Charity shops. Good cause gets some money & we get bargains:beer:
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    kboss2010 wrote: »
    And a wonderful book it is too! :-)
    Agreed but it is too skinny for £1.50. I price it at 40p, max.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • FrugalinShropshire
    Options
    My bargain this week was a beautiful brand new grey Per Una lace top with a cami underneath still attatched with the plastic thingys for £4, it was perfect for my Christmas meal out on Friday!
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family