PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• SophieLoui23
    SophieLoui23 Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 November 2016 at 3:21PM
    Options
    Had a bit of a haul on Monday. Got lots of new-to-me clothes inc 2 coats and 3 pairs of shoes / boots. Very pleased, as I desperately needed a new coat for this winter and some decent winter clothes.

But my best bargain was 4 porcelain oven dishes in a single size (perfect for me!). Total cost - 50p for all 4!!! :D Just checked online and they are the same as these at £7.95 each :eek:https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Pillivuyt-Porcelain-Eared-Oval-Dish-20cm-White/220776011?from=search&tags=%7C20000&param=pillivuyt&parentContainer=SEARCHpillivuyt
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    It's my daughters graduation next week and I was starting to panic as I thought I was going to have to buy something new from a shop however I managed to get two lovely Boden dresses yesterday one of which I hope will be suitable. They were pricier than I usually pay at £8 and £8.50 but bought them as I've just sold an item on eBay that will cover the cost.
  • Tims_choice
    Options
    I find incredible bargains in my local Rennie Grove hospice shop in Chesham. Absolutely everything in there is £2 or less and a daily trawl always results in a find!
  • Tims_choice
    Options
    My local Rennie Grove hospice shop in Chesham is always a source of amazing bargains. Everything in there is £2 or less and a daily trawl always uncovers a find. Apparently people travel quite a long way to shop there.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some person gracefully ceded the remains of their Denby collection to the hospice shop. My husband saw & sucked his teeth at the prices. Then asked me to have a look & I came away (after discussion - I paid the full price, but only took the pieces I wanted) with a very useful boost to the kitchen supplies at a fifth of the list price.
    I may yet nip in & give them a further donation in appreciation, as the plates alone are a godsend.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Some person gracefully ceded the remains of their Denby collection to the hospice shop. My husband saw & sucked his teeth at the prices. Then asked me to have a look & I came away (after discussion - I paid the full price, but only took the pieces I wanted) with a very useful boost to the kitchen supplies at a fifth of the list price.
    I may yet nip in & give them a further donation in appreciation, as the plates alone are a godsend.
    What design are they, DFV?

I have lots of (Greenwich) Denby table/ovenware bought from their factory shop many years ago.
  • Lucy5781
    Options
    V-tech toy book, just needing cleaning and new battery.... 50p in local Scope clearance store.

My new neighbour, with baby daughter born just one day after my son, turns out to be as CS obsessed as I am.... we tag teamed the 3 for a £1 bin of baby clothes in our hospice £1 clearance branch, thankfully she's after the girls stuff and I the boys and then for ourselves she's shorter, darker and much slimmer than me (tall, blonde and curvy) so we go for totally different items as well lol

DH was highly amused.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • funnyfreckle
    Options
    Lucy5781 wrote: »

My new neighbour, with baby daughter born just one day after my son, turns out to be as CS obsessed as I am.... thankfully she's after the girls stuff and I the boys and then for ourselves she's shorter, darker and much slimmer than me (tall, blonde and curvy) so we go for totally different items as well lol

Sounds like the perfect neighbour 😀. I bet you are going to have lots of fun shopping together!
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    I got 10 pieces of jewellery in a rummage case for £1.00 when I got home I realised that three of them were amber and the others were amethyst, rose quartz and semi precious stones. I also got a next handbag with price rag still on £28.00 I paid £5.00, that's going towards my mums Christmas present. ALso got a few new novels and Some crafting bits, Christmas decorations, Christmas table cloth. All for £17.00 in my local Julia's house:rotfl:
  • Living_proof
    Options
    Finally, after decades of looking, a Remoska turned up in my local BHF together with the cookery book. Fortunately OH had wandered off to a delicatessen so there was no one to stop me buying it and at £15 it's one of my more expensive CS purchases. It's the one with the window and has better reviews that the newer ones, and I am delighted as the possibilities look endless....
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family