PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugely to my delight I got two heavy blocks with nails pointing up (I'm sure there's a Proper Name for them somewhere) which will delight my mother as she loves her flower arranging but needs something to hold the heavier branches solidly in place.
    Two, rammed into each other, for 50 pence....
  • MoaningMyrtle
    Options
    Towser wrote: »
    So recently I have stopped buying in chazzer shops because we have everything we need. Not because I wanted to, just because I couldn't buy anything. The problem is I like to buy ahead for a rainy day and usually have to think of something to hunt down. Recently it hit me why don't I just buy the best "thing" in the chazzer store. This has made buying much easier today. It was a toss up between an embellished insect hairclip and pair of boys jeans. Could't decide so bought both fabulously easy!

Love this idea :j
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • shoperholicnot
    Options
    Today I got a brand new gift set of 6 Champneys nail polishes for £2, normally about £25! A brand new lovely manicure kit in purse for £2,
    A Mason and cash dog water bowl for 2.99 normally £12. Also
    got huge hardback book historical maps of London 2.99 £25 retail price
    and another book for 75p retail price £10.
    Really pleased with that :)
  • yorkie_cook
    Options
    As a collector of Harrods Bears, I always keep my eyes open in case any of the charity shops have them in which isn't very often, imagine my surprise when I spotted one in the Kirkwood Hospice shop in Huddersfield today, when I picked up to check the price tag, I spotted it was the 1988 one which I didn't have so check the price it was only £5.

When I went to pay I gave them an extra £5 & was asked are you sure which I replied yes I am very sure, explaining they may want to review their pricing policy if they get harrods bears again as they sell for at least £10 on ebay & often a lot more, which they thanked me for, as they didn't realise they are collectable. I knew that the 1988 was selling for over £30 so I got a bargain, I still feel somewhat guilty at not giving them a bigger donation.
  • shoperholicnot
    Options
    Today I got a lovely long down filled black coat, which looks practically unworn, for £20, Originally from Zara, looked online and they have similar ones for £120 !
    Really pleased with it :)
  • KitKatMum2
    Options
    I got DS a pair of Next jeans last week for 75p and DD a Peppa Pig Christmas top for £1.99 which she is over the moon with. Both from British Heart Foundation which is one I don't go into often as I find them quite pricey usually and their local store is so small it's almost impossible to get in with a pram.
    For myself found a lovely floral Next top for 99p in Barnados clearance and a Dorothy Perkins Kimono top for £3 in Scope. Unfortunately both very summery, so will be a while before I can wear them.
    I also got DD an Orchard Toys game for £1.50 in the local hospice shop. It looked brand new and I will be giving her it for Christmas, she's only 2 so won't know any different.
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    A china coffeepot, made by Bourne (the guys who were there before Denby) base stamp & turners marks date it to 1898, & I bought it for £2.
    Still beaming about that days later.
  • lucy_lemon
    Options
    After moving from North Wales and taking a LOT to the charity shops there (if you lot buy anything from a cs in Llandudno over the next year, it probably once belonged to me!) I'm on the hunt again! Anyone know if there are any good ones in Cheltenham? Heading over there to visit my sister in law on Sunday and I thought I might as well combine two fun things!
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    lucy_lemon wrote: »
    After moving from North Wales and taking a LOT to the charity shops there (if you lot buy anything from a cs in Llandudno over the next year, it probably once belonged to me!) I'm on the hunt again! Anyone know if there are any good ones in Cheltenham? Heading over there to visit my sister in law on Sunday and I thought I might as well combine two fun things!

Don't forget that many charity shops don't open on Sundays - I suppose because they are staffed by volunteers.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Today I got a brand new gift set of 6 Champneys nail polishes for £2, normally about £25! A brand new lovely manicure kit in purse for £2,
    A Mason and cash dog water bowl for 2.99 normally £12. Also
    got huge hardback book historical maps of London 2.99 £25 retail price
    and another book for 75p retail price £10.
    Really pleased with that :)

Wow, what a coincidence! I just found a Mason & Cash pet bowl, in a rather classy Burberry design, unused as the original label was still on the base, for £1 in the Hospice warehouse shop :D . Charlie is going to be a very posh cat when he has his tea tonight!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport