PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Swampmonster
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    I live in Hereford and I didn't know about that! Hope I haven't left it too late... :cool: .

Me too! Which branch? :j
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    I made a quick visit to the local hospice clearance shop today. It's a bit messy and disorganised but I got a very nice Laura Ashley too with a beaded neckline. A principles black roll neck jumper, always a wardrobe staple and a brand new black dress by south. Not totally sure about the dress but the items were £1 each so took a gamblr
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm just back from a morning shopping at the Nettlebed Sales once again. Today's bargains are thus:

Bissell electric steam mop, £3

Small leather travel jewellery case (looks unused) £1

New, sealed gift box containing a selection of 4 full sized Pecksniff's shower gels £1.50

2 small wicker hampers (very good clean condition, perfect for re-filling with home made jams and chutneys etc as Christmas presents), one non-spill travel water bowl for a dog (brand new); unopened pack of 100 puppy training pads; all for £3 (motley assortment from the bric-a-brac stall!)

New potato peeler; used but good white/blue enamelware consisting two different sized pudding basins, one pie plate and two small individual pie dishes; one 3-tier cake cooling rack; all for £5 from the kitchenware room

Full set of the past two years' Woodworking and Woodturning magazines (24 in total) for Mister C J who likes such things - £1

Two brand new, still sealed in packets, 400 threadcount superking sized extra deep fitted white sheets from The White Company. These retail at around £90 each normally (they're lovely, but I wouldn't want to pay that much). Today I bought the two for the grand total of £5 and I am so happy :)
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yet more Next items in the £1 hospice shop for DsS and DH. We have a local Choice outlet where there's cheap Next stock anyway and I think two things happen. Firstly people may buy, use and then donate a lot but then secondly I think the store actually just passes their final clearance items on to the charity directly as I've had plenty of totally new bits from there, just without tags.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh CJ ! It sounds like you've done really really well with your recent buys!
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Cj I hope to go to the nettlebed sale in November I've never been before and we are going as part of a weekend away. How is it laid out please and have you any tips? Many thanks
  • C_J
    Options
    Hi Bobsa1

The November nettlebed date is Saturday 19th. They advertise that it starts at 10.30am but it's best to get there for around 9.15/9.30am as some of the stalls (bric-a-brac, garden stuff, books, paintings) do open earlier so you can beat the worst of the crowds and also get a better parking space.

If you search back through this thread, I wrote quite a lot about Nettlebed in post 4802. You are very welcome to PM me too if you have any specific questions! Have fun at the sales - it will be crowded but great :)

ps: entry fee has gone up to £1 now.
  • C_J
    Options
    Hastily scrawled map, which may also help:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5758/30049782203_cd42eb3bcd_z.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    a lovely bright green die cast enamel steam locomotive for 99p for a train mad grandson!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    C_J wrote: »
    Thats what I love about this board, OSers go beyond the call of duty for others :T
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure