PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,925 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today in the community chazza shop.......

B/N, apple green, 3/4 sleeved T shirt - 50p

2 large reels of sewing thread, (5,000yds), one dark beige and one light beige - 25p each

:)
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i seem to be having a drought need to get into a few more some lovely finds on here
    onwards and upwards
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,195 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    In Ludlow earlier this week I just got a couple of CDs from the Oxfam bookshop and also chanced upon a small book about the village where my dad grew up, in Staffordshire! He isn't in it (though he knows people who are in the photos).

In Worcester today, got a Next jumper for my brother, a Scandinavian wool cardie for my oldest son then, in St Richard's Hospice big shop, got him some Converse trainers, size 9! They look good as new.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had some nice bargains here in Ryde on the IoW, two tops both from M&S £2.99 each a non stick saucepan virtually new complete with lid and heavy copper bottomed one £1.99,a real bargain as it looked brand new :):):) DD got a lovely black leather handbag for a fiver which she is so pleased with as her works one was falling apart.Both happy bunnys.DGS g/f bought a jacket in Cowes for £3.00 really nice weatherproof one (posh area around here,lots of Yachties) and found a pound in one of the pockets,now that is a bargain as we looked in one of the all-weather clothing shops and they were £45.00
  • Miró
    Options
    A quick visit to the hospice chazza sale today and I found....

M & S sun hat*, still with tags on, currently selling for £15....paid £1 :p

B/N white bra, still in box....£1 :p

*This is going to guarantee a very wet bank holiday no doubt!
  • smeeth
    smeeth Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good job on your bargains.. brave person buying a sun hat on a bank holiday weekend :eek:
    Anchor yourself to the foundations of everything you love.

Thank you to all those who post competitions!:beer:
  • Flixton0
    Flixton0 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I have been lurking on here for a while now, I love reading what bargains everyone has found. Had to share my recent find this morning in my local Blind Charity Shop, a brand new pair of Welligogs still in their box for £35 in my size and are a perfect fit, the RRP is £179. It is a lot more than I normally pay for items but these really are lovely leather boots and will be so useful for the winter when out walking the dogs. Sorry for the long post ��
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    DGS g/f bought a jacket in Cowes for £3.00 really nice weatherproof one (posh area around here,lots of Yachties) and found a pound in one of the pockets,now that is a bargain as we looked in one of the all-weather clothing shops and they were £45.00
    Love it!!!! :T
  • Miró
    Options
    Flixton0 wrote: »
    I have been lurking on here for a while now, I love reading what bargains everyone has found. Had to share my recent find this morning in my local Blind Charity Shop, a brand new pair of Welligogs still in their box for £35 in my size and are a perfect fit, the RRP is £179. It is a lot more than I normally pay for items but these really are lovely leather boots and will be so useful for the winter when out walking the dogs. Sorry for the long post ��

Had to Google Welligogs as I was intrigued to see what they were! Wow, congrats on a fab bargain :T
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    Very dressy Coast dress £1.99 Barnardo's in sunderland.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure