PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• sweetpea26
    Options
    Absolutely delighted with my find of the week/year :)
    art deco display cabinet £40 !!!!!!!!!
    over the flipping moon with this find :):):)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I went into Cancer UK shop this morning and they were having a 2 hour half price sale on clothes! The 2 hours were almost up when I arrived but people were buying loads so probably took far more money than usual and as their stock is free it's a win/win! When will they learn that silly prices put people off buying and increasingly off giving too.

I did buy a Warehouse turquoise top for £1.75. I don't have enough tops with a short sleeve so that'll be useful.

P.S. Reason I was in there was to get a birthday card for my nephew. Their cards are good and priced between 99p and £1.25. I always send charity cards at Christmas so now I'm sending them for birthdays too.
  • I have just come back from a CS day out and got a lk Bennett fitted jacket for 10 pounds !!!! Similar jacket 250 pounds on there website im So happy :-) also managed to get a fab glass pattern for 1.50! I have a wardrobe full of designer clothes phase eight jaeger French connection guess hobbs Versace I've never brought any thing new even if I could afford to pay 200 odd pounds for an out fit I really don't think I could justify spending that sort of money!

On the off chance today went back to the CS where I brought the jacket low and behold the matching skirt was there to which I snapped up for a fiver I now have a stunning lk Bennett suit which cost me 15 pounds! That's a massive saving of around £400
  • starsandmoon
    Options
    Got a looks like new grey pure wool Hobbs skirt for work for £4 and a grey M & S top for £1. DD got a Juicy Couture hoody with a butterfly on the back for £3 and a Next skirt for next summer for £1.50 and a book for 80p.

Have also sold 2 pairs of outgrown Clarks shoes on Ebay for £13 and I was going to give them away.
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    sweetpea26 wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted with my find of the week/year :)
    art deco display cabinet £40 !!!!!!!!!
    over the flipping moon with this find :):):)

I love Art Deco! If I had a bigger house, I would fill it with loads of furniture! Do you have a photo of it?
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I went into Cancer UK shop this morning and they were having a 2 hour half price sale on clothes! The 2 hours were almost up when I arrived but people were buying loads so probably took far more money than usual and as their stock is free it's a win/win! When will they learn that silly prices put people off buying and increasingly off giving too.

I did buy a Warehouse turquoise top for £1.75. I don't have enough tops with a short sleeve so that'll be useful.

P.S. Reason I was in there was to get a birthday card for my nephew. Their cards are good and priced between 99p and £1.25. I always send charity cards at Christmas so now I'm sending them for birthdays too.

I try and get all my cards out of charity shops now, as they have some really lovely cards! Just got some thank you cards and blank cards put of the BHF the other week, very reasonably priced!
  • cyclingyorkie
    Options
    DD1 got a Next dress for £2 this week - bargain!
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • Bella79
    Bella79 Posts: 1,197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well not strictly from a charity shop, but i went ti the skip earlier and this guy was throwing a large cast iron cassarole pot away. Before i got chance to ask he had thrown it. Any way i asked the council worker and he dove in and got it for me :) vv happy!
  • marmitepotato
    Options
    Out with OH Wednesday, he popped in to the newsagent to get a paper and some sweets, whilst I said I was going to the hospice charity shop for a nosey around.

I found two rather nice stainless steel bowls in a box for two quid. They were really tactile and had a name stamped on the side. I liked them so much I bought them.

Got home and googled the name. And these are my purchases..

http://www.carl-mertens.com/en/Products/Eating/Serve/BALANCE.html?listtype=search&searchparam=Balance

Result! :)
  • Gingernutty
    Options
    I've recently started a part time job. I'm free in the mornings. It's a revelation!!

Usually I do the rounds of the same few shops every Saturday and, of course, see the same old tat that I saw the previous week.

The stock tends to be replenished during weekday mornings. Those who can get there then, snaffle the good stuff and leave the weekend shoppers with not much, except the same old George/Florence & Fred/Tu rubbish that sits there all pilled and creased from one week to the next.

This last week, I've been to another town (where my new workplace is) and seen some fabulous, albeit filthy, bargains just as they've been put on the rails.

My haul of three good coats (one Dannimac :beer:) and two pairs of shoes, this week, comes to £31.

Because I'm so short with stumpy little arms and legs, the alterations can make new coats prohibitively expensive, so to find three nice coats in one week is, for me, amazing luck.

Although I think I was robbed on the Dannimac. I saw it on Wednesday at £1.99.

It was minging. The coat smelt as if someone had died in it and the collar and cuffs were so filthy, they were solid with black dirt. To buy it, I'd have to take it to work and leave it in the locker room to take home with me in the evening.

Honestly, it reeked so badly that I couldn't inflict it on anybody so I left it until I brought a bin bag to knot it up into.

I came back for it on Thursday, 'safe' in the knowledge that no one would buy it in the meantime.

They had moved it to the winter coats rack for a 'promotion' and the price had gone up to £4.99. :eek: It was still extremely rank. So rank, in fact, that the shop workers couldn't even bring themselves to empty the pockets - I got a free pair a gloves! :D

It's been thoroughly washed and I'm taking it to the tailor's once it's dry.

It'll be fabby, honest! :p
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills