PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• building_with_lego
    Options
    I'm on a bit of a roll- I've discovered that one of my local CS has a half price sale on, started today. Obviously I was in there like a shot and found a jacket that I'd admired and rejected earlier this very week in the sale. That's one Fat Face waterproof jacket for £5, thank you very much.
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • madelaine
    madelaine Posts: 268 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2013 at 6:12PM
    Options
    I love charity shops, used them for years, in the last few weeks, i got 2 brand new bikini with the hygiene strip still in for £1.50 each from the Salvation Army, some lovely cocktail glasses 6 for £6, and a brand new pair of snakeskin sandals from Wallis, for £3, but the best bargain was a Gina Bacconi dress for £1 from the Salvation Army, all adult clothes were a £ each.
  • paulineb_2
    paulineb_2 Posts: 6,489 Forumite
    Options
    Pair of fleecy pyjama bottoms from salvation army for 99p.

Pair of sandals for 1.99 also salvation army.
  • charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    Options
    Very lucky at the Age Concern CS today :) A 'like-new' thick polar navy blue fleece jacket (Debenhams) and an organic cotton H&M long line white shirt - £1 each :j
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• Greyhound_lover
    Options
    I have just come back from a CS day out and got a lk Bennett fitted jacket for 10 pounds !!!! Similar jacket 250 pounds on there website im So happy :-) also managed to get a fab glass pattern for 1.50! I have a wardrobe full of designer clothes phase eight jaeger French connection guess hobbs Versace I've never brought any thing new even if I could afford to pay 200 odd pounds for an out fit I really don't think I could justify spending that sort of money!
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought a set of 4 vintage Spanish coca cola glasses for £4.

I also bought a BNWT Joules orange tweed bag for £20 (RRP £49.99), a new pair of Clarks Active Air leather trainers for £14.99 (RRP 49.99), a new Molten Brown set (1 large and 2 small shower gels) for £19.00 (RRP £42.00) and a pair of crocs shoes for £14.99 (RRP £40)
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Greyhound_lover
    Options
    That is a good haul
  • betterlife
    Options
    this week ive had a lovely floaty blouse for £2.50, a batwing m&s jumper £3.50, 2 kangaroo poo t-shirts & 1 quiksilver t-shirt for one of my boys total £4.50, 4 pairs of skinny chinos in various colours (gap, m&s and next) cost £9 for lot and a pair of gap skinny jeans for £1.75 for my other son they were chuffed to bits! and a beautiful heavy rococo style picture frame for £3! fab week :)
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • yuppiebaker
    Options
    Bargains of the day: £3 for an unused Cath Kidston day bag and a pair of unused black Hush Puppy court shoes for £6. :-)

Bought quite a few other bits and bobs for holiday and autumn work wardrobe, so quite a productive day! It's not often that I strike it so lucky!
    Roadkill Rebels December - £2.49
    Roadkill Rebels November - £1.74
  • sedment
    sedment Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    I got a pair of white linen trousers for 50 pence on a sale rail, not for day to day wear, but put away for next years holiday hopefully! Also got a littlest pet shop grooming station thingy with mini doggys and cats for 50p as well, and a holiday dress for my little girl for a pound. Love a cs!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure