PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi i got for 20p a red cutter to cut soldiers out of a slice of bread...in soldier shapes if that makes sense...very pleased with it

fab bargain on the school jumper front
    onwards and upwards
  • sedment
    sedment Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    I know tessie bear, Im delighted!! Managed to get a cardigan for when my daughter starts next year as well. Our other cs is having a £2 a bag sale this weekend and Im working so will be sending my hubby along with a list of bits that Im looking for to see what he can get!!!
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i was looking at the school bits when i was in the other day pens/pencils/bags/pe bags and thought it might be a real life line to peeps at this expensive time of year
    onwards and upwards
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    edited 29 August 2013 at 5:39PM
    Options
    Morning all

Some great finds for everyone.

I have come to the conclusion I have caught CHF...charity shop fever. Need to stay out of them for a few days :):):)

Yesterday

Garden Trug 10 Litre at least :):):):):) delighted with this.
    Oak fruit bowl...stunning
    Old Vintage Kitsch Christmas decoration garland/wreath
    2 primrose yellow Tupperware lidded boxes
    Little metal dish which when cleaned shows silver stamps !!!!!
    All for £8

I am so pleased about the trug. I have been hoping to find one for a long time and will be treasured by moi :)

Happy hunting :)
  • FrooGal_2
    Options
    Some autumny bits for me today, rather than the baby, for a change :) :

A lovely denim smock dress from H&M, which will do me through the last few weeks of pregnancy with some leggings but will also be nice belted and layered up in the winter;
    A funky pink and red jumper from Warehouse;
    A lovely batwinged sweater from Monsoon, also able to put the bump in it, but will also be fab, stylish but comfy afterwards too.

And change from a tenner. Charity shops, I love you.
    Recovering Shopaholic
    Santander: £1800 overdraft - £1800 to go
  • starsandmoon
    Options
    Fab fab fab bargains today!!! Cleared out my cupboard of doom and took a big bag to the chaz shop. Realised I needed a new winter coat, had current one 4 years. Went to Heswall today and got a dark pink La Redoute duffel coat for £5.50 looks new and a new with £55 price tag dark grey cord jacket from White Stuff for £5.95 :j this was from the Claires hospice shop. Thrilled Iam. Must stop buying now though
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Went a bit mad this week and bought a portmeirion cheese dome in botanic garden pattern for £20. Asked my friend to talk me out of it but she was useless!! It looks lovely on my dresser. Must keep out of CS for a while now!!
    Slightly bitter
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sedment wrote: »
    I got a cracker of a bargain just now. My sons school jumpers have gone up to £10 each, and he has lost three over the past few years at school. Checked lost property and not there so think some bad parent has kept them.
    Anyway!! In the local charity shop today for a rake, and came across a sale rail with his school jumpers on them. Had a good look and have kitted him out for the next four years jumper wise for £1 a jumper. Delighted is a understatment!!

Well done, school jumpers cost a fortune, only got my ds one new one this year (for the photo), last years will have to do him.

Got a food processor looks new for £5 always wanted one. As with most charity shop things no instructions :( need to work out how to use the attachments, think its a juicer as well.
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Those Meindl boots were a bargain! Hubby has them for work (his employer buys them luckily) and they're easily £90-120 a pair.

My bargain today was a pale grey cashmere sleeveless jumper from M&S Autograph range for £1.99. Will look lovely over a smart shirt in the autumn. Hugging myself!
  • ziggy2004
    ziggy2004 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    a book about dolphins for 20p. Middle child is very happy with it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure