PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Fizzylizzy
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Now that is a bargain with a capital B! :T

I was recently looking for a wheely case hand-luggage size.

I found a perfect one in Oxfam.
    It was Antler so a good make but by no means in new condition.

They wanted - wait for it -

£29.99. :eek:

Yes, that's right.

I left it sat on the floor and it's still there 3 weeks later.

Am not surprised its still there at that price.. we have an oxfam near us and their prices are just ridiculous today whilst in I noticed they were selling the cheap ikea mugs which you can buy for 35p in store new, Oxfam were selling them for £1.49 each !!
    I've hit on very lucky this past year with luggage as I got a huge antler one last year for £15 then a matching samsonite set of two for about £15 all from my local cancer research shop I think I've actually developed a luggage fetish lol
  • Fizzylizzy
    Options
    That IS a bargain! :) I was looking at Tripp suitcases the other day as we were thinking of getting some new luggage for our holiday, but we decided just to use our old ones. But if I'd have seen them, I'd have snapped them up too! What sizes are they?

It's a medium sized one and a small cabin sized one, exactly sizes I've been looking for to complete my set of luggage :-)
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fizzylizzy wrote: »
    What a brilliant thread , I'm an avid charity shop bargain hunter but unfortunately none of my friends are so have no one to boast about my incredible bargains too.
    Today I got two virtually brand new current stock Tripp suitcases for the grand sum of £11 am delighted as luggage is so expensive these days .

I have converted loads of people to charity shops. I had a friend who would never step into one until she went shopping with me one day and now she happily goes in on her own. In a rare moment of polite conversation with my ex he said to me that one good thing about meeting me was that I taught him about charity shops :rotfl:
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    I recently lost a button from my best cardigan and thought I was going to have to buy a whole new set and go to the bother of sewing them all on so they'd match, but I found a child's top in my local charity shop with two buttons exactly the same as my cardigan, and it was only 20p!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    The yarn is Lett Lopi by Istex. I got pale grey (ash heather) as the base colour, with dark grey (black heather), white (white) and heather shades (rose heather, violet heather and berry heather) as the contrast shades.This is the pattern.
    I will post a pic in the knitters thread when it is finished but try to remember a link on here too (though it really was the opposite of bargains lol!). Just started with it.

Thanks for that.

I think the sweater would look great with skinny jeans and a pair of UGGs.
  • LadyFuchsia
    Options
    Hi all - I'm not a newbie. I was cactuspotty but have had to set up a new MSE profile because I closed my old email account, then forgot my MSE password!

Anyway, I've been really enjoying reading all your bargains - especially the £11 suitcases!

I've had a run of good luck with charity shop finds recently. I've trawled quite a few in different towns over the past couple of weeks. I picked up lots of shells and shell necklaces for my shell crafting, some Arcopal cups and saucers and lots of old children's books. I also found six Pretty Ugly Pottery Mugs! I've been collecting them since I was a teenager and haven't found any for a long time, so was delighted to find six in the space of two days!

But the best find was a bag of Tetley tea characters. My mum collects them so I was chuffed to find a whole bag of them for just £1!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain'
  • DulceMiel
    DulceMiel Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Only a very small cs bargain today!

Got the book 'Skellig' by David Almond. 20p at the Cat's Protection shop. If you've got book-worm kids then I'd definitely recommend this book! I read it back in high-school and enjoyed it, so I guess I got hit by a bit of nostalgia :)
  • AimingForBetter
    Options
    Went to drop of some books and other bits in the local CS today, obviously had to have a look while we were there and found:

A school sweatshirt and T shirt with the logo (to go with the ones MIL found previously) - £1.75 for both
    Grandpa in my pocket DVD - £1
    Robot 45 piece jigsaw - 50p
    Dinosaur 100 piece jigsaw - 50p

The boys also found a new looking finger-puppet theatre which (we only realised when we got home) has lights, sounds and music which can be used as required during the performance. Not seen one before but checked online when we got home and they are around £24 new (lowest 2nd hand I saw was still over £10). The boys paid £1 !! So that is our bargain of the week.

We're all very pleased with our finds today.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :)

Popped into town whilst my DP was looking after DS today, which meant i got to spend more time browsing charity shops without distraction ;)

Bought:

*Black Floral Asos Midi Dress BNWT £5
    *New Look Red Shirt £1.50
    *Topshop Floral Cut Out Back Strappy Top £1.50
    *Next Daisy Print Top £1.50
    *Next Boys Casual Long Sleeved Top £1.25

The local Cancer Research is closing for re-fit and everything was less than £2. I don't normally shop in there as the prices are very high, but couldn't resist the few bits i picked up.

Loving reading about all the bargains!

Suze :) x
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • Drachenfach
    Options
    Went shopping on the Stratford Road in Birmingham today and my mate showed me this amazing charity shop, with loads of Asian clothes.

I bought two abayas (floor-length loose robes) each £5, a set of blue and silver bangles for £1 and this fabulous Arabic dress for £11.

9577053197_512d860c54.jpg

I'm a belly dancer, and this is perfect for Egyptian dance, hence the cheesy pose!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure