PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today was a good day :D I got a Pesavento sterling silver pendant (very expensive Italian jewellery brand that RRPs for upwards of €300) which I really like and which was only £1.50!! and two Jimi Hendrix LPs for a couple of pounds each.
  • andthethreebears
    Options
    So I ventured out to the pop up charity shop - every item £1 or less!

Fatface ladies trousers size 10, BNWOT - £1
    Fine wool Henley style jumper - £1
    Ladies sandals - look to have never been worn £1 (not my style - bought for my mum!)
    Wooden carved photo frame - £1

Unfortunately the trousers & top don't fit so ok going to re-donate them tomorrow!

Also bought a Zara dress from Oxfam for £3.99 and when I tried it on at home it's ripped :( going to return that one and hopefully exchange it for something else!
  • Willowpop
    Willowpop Posts: 856 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My 8 year old found a beautiful Zara shirt in our local charity store today. It's officially a boys shirt, but she loved it and found some Next heavyweight 'chino' style trousers that matched perfectly as well. Both looked as they would do new.
    Top was £1.99, trousers £2.49.
    Happy daughter, happy me.
    :j
    PAYDBX 2016 #55 100% paid! :j Officially bad debt free...don't count my mortgage.
    Now to start saving...it's a whole new world!!
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    So chuffed with my purchases yesterday

Boden large handbag £3 :):):):)

Dorma Pillowcases, vintage 50p each

Large tub lego and duplo £4

Good days shopping. :):)
  • andthethreebears
    Options
    Great find on the Lego / duplo sweetpea - around here they tend to split it up into freezer bags at 99p each, presumably to make it affordable for pocket money!
  • empressemma
    Options
    Well done on the Boden bag sweetpea!

Haven't posted for ages so will try and remember my recent bargains....

Next short sleeve multi coloured stripe cardi £2.75
    New look bird print tunic with Peter Pan collar £2.75
    Grey pencil skirt 50p
    Dorothy Perkins floaty top 50p
    Per una skirt £4 ( is the 'long' fit, love my skirts really long!)
    Boden dress £4.95 ( label cut out but recognised the print on the size label!)
    Next tie for hubby £1.50
    M&S brand new pencil skirt £2.75
    Fat face winter cardi £2.75 :T
    Gorgeous tan leather shoes, originally from tkmaxx, hardly worn £2
    Fiore wedges, again brand new, just a few quid, can't quite remember.

Oh, and not charity shop, but at a mahoosive antiques centre in horncastle, they have on trestle tables outside (yes, outside) tons and tons of crockery. Found 5 lost and lonely teacups to make candles, 50p each!

That's it for now.... :rotfl:
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    2 good quality mens shirts for OH and a Lands End quilted jerkin and a Jacques Vert blouse for me £10 in total.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • Bunny82
    Bunny82 Posts: 205 Forumite
    edited 28 August 2013 at 10:29PM
    Options
    Pair of Lee Cooper shorts and a Calvin Klein shirt for £9 for OH and a pair of Meindl walking boots, barely worn, for me for £10. :j
    Dry January: 31/31 days. :T
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Per Una brown corduroy handbag (large with zip). Almost new for £6. Just the sort of bag I like. Very roomy but not too deep, unlike my Cath Kidston cross body velvet bag, I can never find anything in that!
  • sedment
    sedment Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    I got a cracker of a bargain just now. My sons school jumpers have gone up to £10 each, and he has lost three over the past few years at school. Checked lost property and not there so think some bad parent has kept them.
    Anyway!! In the local charity shop today for a rake, and came across a sale rail with his school jumpers on them. Had a good look and have kitted him out for the next four years jumper wise for £1 a jumper. Delighted is a understatment!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure