PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Georgiegirl256
    Options
    My BIG charity shop purchase this week is a new 3 piece suite, £165 (but I got it for £138 with my 'staff' discount), gorgeous bright blue leather that fits in brilliantly with all my blue accessories and contrasts well with the patterned orange, cream and brown wallpaper (sounds horrible but it's not, well, I guess to some people it might be, but I love the retro vibe!)

It's in really good condition, and we didn't want to pay a fortune, as the only reason we're replacing the other one is because the cat has scratched the sides to bits :mad:

It's enough to pay, we couldn't justify paying hundreds of pounds knowing that the cat might just do the same thing again....although so far, he seems to have stopped off it (touch wood!), I don't think he likes blue! :rotfl:

It virtually looks the same as the old one, big squashy sides etc, but looks almost like new. :)
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My BIG charity shop purchase this week is a new 3 piece suite, £165 (but I got it for £138 with my 'staff' discount), gorgeous bright blue leather that fits in brilliantly with all my blue accessories and contrasts well with the patterned orange, cream and brown wallpaper (sounds horrible but it's not, well, I guess to some people it might be, but I love the retro vibe!)

I am very nosy but any chance of a photo?! I love anything retro myself, as evidenced by my orange leather sofas! :rotfl:

I picked up the Moro cookbook today for a pound, and a rather cool black leather jacket for £7.95, it's very soft and will look fab with jeans and long leather boots for winter.
  • verynewmoneysaver
    Options
    I got a Fred Perry designer shirt for my husband for £1 in Cat's Protection League.
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Beautiful iron panstand for £15. Iv been on the lookout for one at a good price for about 18 months, lol if anything Im patient and it was well worth the wait.
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    I am very nosy but any chance of a photo?! I love anything retro myself, as evidenced by my orange leather sofas! :rotfl:

I picked up the Moro cookbook today for a pound, and a rather cool black leather jacket for £7.95, it's very soft and will look fab with jeans and long leather boots for winter.

Orange sofas sound cool!! Did you mean a photo of the wallpaper or sofa, or both? I've tried to upload photos to photobucket on my iPhone, but it's not playing ball :mad:

I can easily email them to you if you'd like? :)

Me and the DH are really pleased with the suite, our neighbour even thought it was new! He said he was living next door to posh people! :rotfl: I could have let him think it was brand new and that we'd spend over £1000, but I couldn't resist telling him about our bargain!
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got this today http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hummingbird-Bakery-Cookbook-Tarek-Malouf/dp/1845978307/ at our local hospice shop for £2.

Also found a brand new funky Boden skirt for £3 that will look nice in autumn with plum tights. Happy bunny!
  • topsyturphy
    Options
    Had a good haul this week

Black regatta waterproof/breathable jacket £2
    Phase 8 ladies jumper £2
    Marks and spencer (looks hand knitted) 3/4 length sleeve cardigan £3.50.

Really pleased with my purchases.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Beenie wrote: »
    I got this today http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hummingbird-Bakery-Cookbook-Tarek-Malouf/dp/1845978307/ at our local hospice shop for £2.

Also found a brand new funky Boden skirt for £3 that will look nice in autumn with plum tights. Happy bunny!

You did well there both on price and because the book is excellent. Lovely recipes for lemon cake and carrot cake!
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got a Mothercare moses basket holder £4, some sheets @ 50p each, a M & S man`s shirt for £3, a pink John Lewis tablecloth £2, a pink plantpot(this was in the dump box for 50p, jigsaw 50p ( new and boxed) and a Whittard coffee cup and saucer for 75p. Oh and a F*CK T shirt. Very happy bunny! :T
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Lovely pair of light green curtains complete with tiebacks, to go in the back bedroom, only £4 from AgeUK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport