IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Parking ticket while sitting in the car!

Options

Comments

• Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 July 2012 at 2:56PM
    Options
    jizzler wrote: »
    how thick is he ?

As much as you are unsympathetic. On this board, we don't look down on anyone, unless we are helping them up.

Unfortunately, a lot of people think that you only park a car when you get out of it.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Danball wrote: »
    I only have a few days left to send in my defence but dont have a clue what to say. Can anyone help?

You don't need the defence yet just acknowledge the claim and state you wish to defend the whole claim, you then have a further 14 days to get your defence ready.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beadlepoke wrote: »
    Ignore them and relax. We've all had these scammers chasing us, not one of us has ever been in 'trouble' don't stress, just ignore. simple as that.

You don't ignore a real court claim, unless you want a default judgement!
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone confirm danball got the help he needed or was he from a scammer trying to scare people?
    Because people looking in at this post might panic when seeing it..
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Its only recent, so I would think he's being helped offline, where prying PPCs cannot see what defence is being prepared.

I can think of at least two rock solid defence points for Danball, which I would be gobsmacked if they didn't force a strike out, or ensure a win.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just come across this thread. I cannot offer any further advice than what has already been suggested by people more qualified than myself.

However, I am reminded of this story from last year, when a car with occupants still inside was clamped.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • Danball
    Danball Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    ManxRed wrote: »
    Its only recent, so I would think he's being helped offline, where prying PPCs cannot see what defence is being prepared.

I can think of at least two rock solid defence points for Danball, which I would be gobsmacked if they didn't force a strike out, or ensure a win.

Im not being helped offline unfortunately so if you want to help me on a pm or maybe email i would be grateful of your help
  • Danball
    Danball Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    geoffky wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm danball got the help he needed or was he from a scammer trying to scare people?
    Because people looking in at this post might panic when seeing it..

I can assure you i am genuine and have been sent a genuine county court claim :)
  • fransiscan
    Options
    my first post and hoping someone can help.
    got clamped by a securak thief today.i just turned into a car park, turned the car around and stopped for around 10seconds.one guy came to my drivers side front window and asked what i was doing here.i replied that my wife is just coming to the car.he said dont move as a clamp has been put on the car.i did not even hear or feel this being done as my engine was still running and they make sure they go to the rear left wheel so less chance of being spotted.
    the guy who fitted the clamp then put a ticket on my car a few minutes later.
    my wife asked the first guy to take the payment and let us go but he was having a funny conversation with his son on the phone.he then told my wife to shut up.
    i paid the money to them and the first guy then said that i have an outstanding ticket from 221 days ago that they will be chasing me for.i said i have never had a ticket from them before today and if i had why have they not pursued me for payment.i have had no demands from them and have never had a ticket from them.
    is there anything i can do to find out about this outstanding ticket or is it a way for them steal a much larger sum from me by saying that it was issued 221 days ago.
    i would be grateful for any help as this is really worrying me. i have never been chased for money before
    thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 September 2012 at 11:49PM
    Options
    You don't need to find out anything about that phantom ticket. The whole thing is a scam and there is no previous ticket hanging over you. They cannot chase you for it, if there really was a fake PCN from months ago you would have had letters about it (which you would have IGNORED of course). There clearly was no previous fake ticket, they were having you on to try to extort more money.

How much did they take from you? Did you see their SIA Licence numbers? Did you see any warning notices there that would have made you aware of the possibility of being clamped? Did you get a receipt?

Can't understand why you are worried. I would be VERY ANGRY.

You know you can sue whoever contracted those clampers to be there, and probably get your money back in a Small Claim? Whose land was it, which premises were there? Do you know who the clampers acted on behalf of?

SUE BOTH PARTIES and stop worrying about being chased for made up tickets, they must have seen you had fallen for their scam and thought you were a pushover (sorry), so they tried an extra tactic to line their grubby pockets. :mad:

If you want your money back post on pepipoo forums with a copy (close up photo) of the receipt & as much info as you can give, can you get pics of the signage THIS WEEK because it will likely be taken down in 2 weeks time when clamping is banned. Post all your pics in a new thread here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

Get their help all along the way. DO NOT SUE THE CLAMPERS ALONE, INCLUDE WHOEVER CONTRACTED THEM THERE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure