IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Parking ticket while sitting in the car!

Options

Comments

• Danball
    Danball Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I bet it must be very hard to tamper with the time stamp on a camera too!! NOT!!!!
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to take you to court. I understand they have come badly unstuck last few times they tried so I would imagine have lost enthusiasm for the idea. However, if they keep on harassing you, you will be on far better ground....
  • Paperbird
    Paperbird Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    " for parking out of a bay and for obstructive parking"

"you were trespassing on private land without authorisation and therefore werein contravention of the clearly displayed warning signs"

So is this pcn for parking or trespassing..
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    Well, precisely. PPC bullsh*t at its best.
  • Danball
    edited 29 June 2012 at 1:31PM
    Options
    So i have now been sent a money claim online form from Securat after i ignored the letter they sent me via recorded post that i didnt have to sign for.

The form is legit and from a county court!

Any ideas what i should do now?
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Acknowledge the claim stating that you will defend it in full.

Send a PM to AlexisV, letting him know what you have received.

Do not respond to any PMs from people who have less than 300 posts on here, trolls lurk at all times.

In their email to you in post #14 they state clearly that you trespassed. Claims for damages relating to trespass can only be brought by a landowner or legal representative, NOT by a third party agent. Also, the damages must be clearly demonstrated.

You are on solid ground here.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A relatively minor point: if you didn't sign for the recorded delivery letter you can deny having received it.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend fibbing in court, if you were asked that specific question.

The OP has a fairly solid case anyway.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Danball wrote: »
    So i have now been sent a money claim online form from Securat after i ignored the letter they sent me via recorded post that i didnt have to sign for.

The form is legit and from a county court!

Any ideas what i should do now?

Hold on, the form should have come to you from the Court, not from Securat. Does it have a Court stamp and case number? If so, phone the court and check that it's genuine.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Danball
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    Hold on, the form should have come to you from the Court, not from Securat. Does it have a Court stamp and case number? If so, phone the court and check that it's genuine.

sorry! it is from court and ive called to make sure its legit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family