We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Breakdown cover: Get the cheapest roadside recovery

Options

Comments

• scaty
    scaty Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    Hope someone can help. I need breakdown cover (car) for europe for more than 90 days. We travel (sometimes) for each half term and july /august - so the days mount up. Also, some policies say about not going past a limit of days in one trip - which in the summer, can be over 30 days.

Thanks in advance

I
    [STRIKE]Fed up of being kippered by kids - new resolve - the NO word. Still at this[/STRIKE] Dam they struck again!!
    Stay focused on the bigger plan - :rolleyes:
  • scjbutler
    Options
    hmmm... just called AutoAid and they wont cover me - I have a Vaixhall Midi van (5 Seater). It is classed as a people carrier and certainly doesn't weigh over 2.5 tonnes as their t&c seems to state. Oh well.

Anyone have a shout for the next best?
  • scjbutler
    Options
    has anyone used I C BREAKDOWN? its only £29 p/y for roadside, relay and local recovery. can anyone give me feedback before i purchase this.

or any other deal that anyone knows of that better.

I too am now looking at IC Breakdown, apparantly backed by Equity Red Star (according to moneysupermarket).

£29 for UK vehicle cover, incl. Roadside, Recovery to garage, Recovery to Destination, Unlimited callouts, no excess.

Any thoughts?

Steve
  • scjbutler
    Options
    scjbutler wrote: »
    I too am now looking at IC Breakdown, apparantly backed by Equity Red Star (according to moneysupermarket).

£29 for UK vehicle cover, incl. Roadside, Recovery to garage, Recovery to Destination, Unlimited callouts, no excess.

Any thoughts?

Steve

Just to add to this, the Bronze cover for £29 does not cover problems with keys i.e. broken keys/locking your keys in the vehicle.

Unfortunately for me, the only reason I have had to call out recovery recently is because my key broke and I needed a tow!

hmmm...
  • DGJsaver
    DGJsaver Posts: 2,777 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

We need breakdown cover , i would like it to include key cover problems , flat tyre/blow out problems , tow back home where ever you are (can you choose this over going to a garage you dont want to go to ?) two people (couple) or two cars...whichever and them to nattend if you break down , we have a baby on the way and i want peace of mind for all of us !

If anyone can point us in the right direction...:beer:
  • Baby_Duck
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm also looking for cheap breakdown for myself and my other half - ic breakdown are definitely the cheapest at £29 but i was really hoping to get some feedback about them before signing up...has anyone here used them or heard of them before?

Cheers
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just for information: I bought Autonational Rescue's breakdown cover, via the wepromiseto.co.uk cashback site, on 17th Jan 2009. I'm still waiting for cashback to appear in my wepromiseto.co.uk account.

Anyone else experienced this kind of delay with Autonational Rescue cashback?
  • sallen2
    sallen2 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Does the 3 day supply of a hire car get provided if I break down at home ? eg if the engine malfunction warning light comes on at home (and the advice is not to drive the car) do the RAC give me a car for 3 days ?
    thanks
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
  • DeLorean
    DeLorean Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I'm off across Europe in 4 weeks and need European breakdown cover.

I've done the journey to Slovakia by road before, but as I’m going to be making the trip more frequently I now need annual cover.

I'm already a member of the AA and was wondering if anyone knows of any promotion codes or loop holes to get the European Breakdown Cover premium down even lower.

I’d consider another breakdown organisation if it beats the AA price of £83.70 :D

Many thanks

Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills