Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    money2008 wrote: »
    Hello
    I have just received my RAC renewal and its £72
    At present I have Joint, Roadside Cover
    Can anyone tell me if they know of any other company that would be cheaper
    Basically I only need it for myself so I am covered when driving to work etc
    I think £72 is a little steap
    Thanks

Read the first page

Autoaid is good!
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    Optimist wrote: »
    Read the first page

Autoaid is good!

But Autoaid cover a person not the car? :confused: I need cover that is for the car to cover both me and my mum...
  • Optimist
    First Anniversary
    Options
    money2008 wrote: »
    Hello
    I have just received my RAC renewal and its £72
    At present I have Joint, Roadside Cover
    Can anyone tell me if they know of any other company that would be cheaper
    Basically I only need it for myself so I am covered when driving to work etc
    I think £72 is a little steap
    Thanks
    vjain wrote: »
    But Autoaid cover a person not the car? :confused: I need cover that is for the car to cover both me and my mum...

I answered the original question which made no mention of covering mum !
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

• VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    I answered the original question which made no mention of covering mum !

I know, im just talking about my situation after having very poor service this year from First Call and now I don't know what to do! :confused:
  • Optimist
    First Anniversary
    Options
    vjain wrote: »
    I know, im just talking about my situation after having very poor service this year from First Call and now I don't know what to do! :confused:

I would suggest calling Autoaid to see if they would cover you and mum instead of driver and spouse. If they will make sure you get it in writing.

If not you will need to call the other suppliers and haggle!

• VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    I would suggest calling Autoaid to see if they would cover you and mum instead of driver and spouse. If they will make sure you get it in writing.

If not you will need to call the other suppliers and haggle!

Thanks! I have sent them an email asking.

If they say no, who would others recommend as the best value to cover the car?
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    My reply from AutoAid:"Dear Mr X, Thank you for your e-mail enquiry. Unfortunately, we are unable to cover both you and your mum under the samepolicy, if you would like to both have cover, you would need to take out twopolicies at £36.00 each. We hope this clarifies matters. AutoAid Administration Department."
  • pandpc
    pandpc Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Randal wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get a 'loyalty' discount for being a long term member of a breakdown service? I'm with the AA at the moment and have been since 2000 with a big business discount already. Renewal is in Sep 08 and wondering if it is worth haggling for a loyaty discount.

I've been with the AA for 23 years and, inspired by MSE, have just negotiated a 24% reduction in my AA renewal price simply by quoting Green Flag's online price for similar cover. I will still be paying more than I would with Green Flag but at least I know what I'm getting.
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    Is Green Flag the cheapest company that insures your car not individuals?
  • ramenkid
    ramenkid Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Plan to join Auto Aid and have just filled in their "Join us today" online form. I would think they let you buy the policy online.... only got a message on screen saying they will be in contact.

So now, it's 00.36 Sunday. Will they contact me on Monday when they return to the office or what? Or do they answer calls on Sunday?

I chose to be contacted by email on the form. Does that mean I won't get anything through the post like policy number and terms & conditions etc?

I want the breakdown cover starts tomorrow as the current one is running out within the next 24 hrs.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport