Breakdown cover: Get the cheapest roadside recovery

Options

Comments

• buckrogers
    Options
    anyone else with Norwich Union breakdown cover
    i have been with them for 2 years now,no call outs,
    and on web site it says, no call out discount, but each year it seems to go up, about £5, just had my renewal and its up by £4, so i wonder how i am getting a discount,
    i did ring up to ask and was told that to get it less i would have to downgrade for it to be cheaper,

has anyone ever got a discount with them?
  • lkmc01
    lkmc01 Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    i'm thinking about https://www.tesco-breakdown.co.uk/ and the total care one at £55. This includes myself and my partner.

I only really wanted standard care but the 'Free transport for you, your car and up to 7 others to your home address, or your original destination' only come in the total care package. I can't find the this any cheaper than £55 though so I might as well go with their total care.

Can't do autoaid as have 'partner' not husband
  • sjane2008
    sjane2008 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys I have to say really dissapointed with Green flag, paid £97 for full works through Quidco as yet havent rec'd £20 back and no amount of problems 3 hrs to turn up etc etc!! However Europ Assistance who I have used in the past were £65 for full eu/home start etc and they were amazing, roadside recovery people really helpfull and advised me what options were available.
  • lkmc01
    lkmc01 Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know if tesco car breakdown cover with greenflag gets you clubcard points?

thanks
  • mjon3105
    mjon3105 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    I believe so. The Tesco website says 1 point for £1 for everything INSTORE or Tesco Petrol or ONLINE and on the Tesco insurance website it adds that until mid Sep[tember there is a 30 percent discount available for ONLINE bookings of breakdown cover with prices starting from £23 ( up to £55). You could probably reduce that further by placing this via one of the main cashback sites such as Quidco or TopCashBack....good luck
  • PRINCESSKERRY
    Options
    Could anyone point me in the right direction, I want a weeks breakdown cover for a family trip to France, it can solely be in OH's name as he will be driving. Normally I would have just paid for RAC with my Tesco vouchers but haven't received my mailings yet and going next weekend.
    Could anyone help with any recomendations? Thankyou.
    Competition wins - 09/03 - £500 ELC Vouchers 11/04 - Lush Goodies 21/04 - Gillette Fusion Gift Pack 22/05 - Mirrors DVD 29/05 - Return Flights to London & £500 29/05 - £50 Homebase Gift Vouchers 20/09 - Remote Control Helicopter 28/09 - £225 Bingo Win 05/10 £25 Photobox Vouchers 16/09 £90 Cash 30/11 £29 Cash 03/01 £20 03/04 Fifa Football :T
  • Houghtongirl
    Options
    I have just bought an 18day policy for European travel covering 2 people for £33.25. The company use AXA assist while in Europe who are excellent.
    Breakdowndirect.co.uk
  • GloriaF
    Options
    Since taking out breakdown recovery with Auto Aid through Money Saving Expert have had one occasion when I had a flat battery near Bournemouth and had to get back to London. I called them - they were very efficient - sent someone within half an hour who fixed the problem and although I paid there and then to the operative Auto Aid reimbursed me within 14 days. A really useful service and at a very reasonable price. Highly recommend you join. Martin Lewis's website is a real find and has saved me money. Thank you.
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    Anyone had good or bad experiences with First Call recently?..
  • Bigun28
    Bigun28 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone managed to get a 'loyalty' discount for being a long term member of a breakdown service? I'm with the AA at the moment and have been since 2000 with a big business discount already. Renewal is in Sep 08 and wondering if it is worth haggling for a loyaty discount.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure