Breakdown cover: Get the cheapest roadside recovery

Options

Comments

• fossman
    fossman Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got my AA renewal today £92 for Roadside & Home Start.

Gave them a ring to cancel and they dropped the price to £47.

Still cancelled though.
    Cashback earned
    Quidco : £858 :)
    Pigsback : £20 and a Beatles CD.
  • Noahnewby
    Noahnewby Posts: 816 Forumite
    Options
    "Any ideas on cheapest single trip european cover. This was sort of mentioned in the article and Ifollowed the link to moneysupermarket.com but couldnt find it there.
    Cheers" - The Cow

This question was asked back in February 2007 and as far as I can see has not been answered properly in this thread. Is there anywhere you can check for European cover only? Going for 10 days to France quite soon.

Was going to go with Quoteline Direct as recommended by Martin but am too late for this as Euro cover does not kick in until 10 days after starting policy.Damned fraudulent claimants:mad:

As per mad_cash_cow last year I can only find / am only getting quotes for UK & Euro cover on Moneysupermarket. No good to me bonny lad!

Can any kind soul advise or point in the right direction ? - Thanks in anticipation.
  • misha
    misha Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    KWJR wrote: »
    This question was asked back in February 2007 and as far as I can see has not been answered properly in this thread. Is there anywhere you can check for European cover only? Going for 10 days to France quite soon.

Was going to go with Quoteline Direct as recommended by Martin but am too late for this as Euro cover does not kick in until 10 days after starting policy.Damned fraudulent claimants:mad:

As per mad_cash_cow last year I can only find / am only getting quotes for UK & Euro cover on Moneysupermarket. No good to me bonny lad!

Can any kind sole advise or point in the right direction - Thanks in anticipation.

Try AA - I used a couple of months ago - it seemed cheapest then...
    http://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/european-breakdown-cover.jsp
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    I'm worried whether I should trust my membership with First Call that I have until December or join with someone else as well!
  • Noahnewby
    Noahnewby Posts: 816 Forumite
    Options
    misha wrote: »
    Try AA - I used a couple of months ago - it seemed cheapest then...

Seemed!!!:eek: - I need certainty:rotfl: I'll give this a try but is there not a comparison site so I can be sure I've got the best VFM?

Thanks for the information anyway misha
  • MCCOL
    MCCOL Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with AutoAid for a few years and never had to use them. Reviews on this site suggest that they are very good and I have no problem with paying and claiming later if its cheaper. However, my partner and I are not married and AutoAid only covers Spouses. So to cover us both we'd need 2 policies at £34 each.

Does anyone know of a competetive policy that would cover us both?

Cheers
  • djgraemeb
    djgraemeb Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Been looking for breakdown cover and RAC offer basic cover for £33 but www.topcashback.co.uk offer £22 cashback if you buy any RAC breakdown cover. Not bad I think
  • neil9313
    neil9313 Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    if you get it of course
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quidco also do RAC cashback. It is £21 on the cheaper cover and £40 on the dearer packages.
    Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport