We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Arrrgggghhhh! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry, but Sainsbury's have gone all eco and, apart from putting the price up about 25p, they've reformulated their firelighters so they use "sustainable palm oil."

Now, suddenly, they've become really hard to set fire to!

Maybe someone here knows the reason for the change, but I'll guess the previous formula, being petro-chemical, became politically incorrect for them. So, never mind if they work, give the punters these nice-smelling, eco-friendly things. :(

I used to light the woodburner with about 1/3 of the old style firelighter, so we only used a couple a week. These things....well, I had to use a whole one! :eek:

Maybe it's just as well, though. Not realising, I stockpiled! :o:o:o
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Probably looking at January for his test. Be glad to get the Crimbo period out the way with him not driving.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    lucielle wrote: »
    Probably looking at January for his test. Be glad to get the Crimbo period out the way with him not driving.
    L

well done to your DS1 :D

davesnave....well done on the floating fiver :D

CTC...yes :D

i have stayed in all day waiting for this bl**dy womans courier and no show...:mad::mad::mad:

i will probably get the blame for it from her....wish id never encountered the *^+#bag......

well she can go sing for the rest of the week now.

anyway yesterday i was chatting to a chap who is a "hawk flyer" ;) i nearly said "you can fly me any day "...:D:rotfl::rotfl: :p
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Good grief! My old childhood/teenage home has just gone on the market again, after being there last about 6 years ago.

I knew the current owners were doing some work, but didn't realise it was for selling purposes. From what I can see they've done quite a bit, but the asking price is the same as it was in 2006. ;)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40082081.html

I realise they didn't start from an unsullied base, but that dining room used to have Georgian features, including plaster alcoves, and a period fireplace. :( Mind you, that would have been imposed on the original 16th Century build.

My bedroom (Pic 8) seems to have been returned to reasonable normality. I approve of that, but in 1967 I liked a bed that folded into the wall, loud colours on hardboard panelling.... and gig posters, even if promoters slashed them with razor blades to put off collectors, like me.:o I still have a Pink Floyd one with a wonderful spelling error. :)

It doesn't look like they've been able to do much with my parent's Tudor Room though, except paint over the distressed oak beams, which really are constructed authentically with wooden pegs.(Pic 7) My Dad always wanted something Tudor, and in that house he got as close as he could! Queen Anne would turn in her grave....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been thinking a lot about highlands again though. My favourite of the natives, and with not huge movement (unlike those huge moveing welsh cobs) that I could probably absorb.

I have ridden and cared for a lot of Highlands in my time and they have always been wonderfully full of personality. Mind you a lot were very strong (yet sensible) rides.

My heart lies with Fresians and when I win the lottery I will be going to Perthshire Fresians to find my dream horse.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: I'm sorry Rummer & LIR, I do know what you mean but I have visions of LIR on a

HS3.jpg

& Rummer on a

250px-Holstein_heifer.jpg

:T:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:T
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Nice house Dave!

Itsme, I had the same thoughts but unlike you I didnt know any better :o

In the post (and pre!) Crimble quiet we've reverted to researching buys. And we've got some interesting maps which, if not 17th century originals, are at least old engravings of originals. Checking potential originality with a museum this wed, dont hold your breath though! And e-mailed photos of six anatomical wall charts to a couple of museums, still dont hold your breath! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And finally my vintage M&S Y fronts are selling, not for a lot but in the overall scheme of things they will pay for a nice bottle of merlot :)
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    we wanted to get a highland cattle for in the bottom field where people used to take a short cut ;) :rotfl:
    but then we were told they are very placid....:o

we just put big signs up in the end and let the littluns loose...:rotfl::rotfl:
    one of them is so "in your face"... she just shoves into you and then walks like shes glued to you... i have seen 2 bods make hasty retreats....:rotfl::rotfl:

i have not heard from "her" yet...waiting for the fireworks :mad:
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 December 2012 at 12:15AM
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    I have ridden and cared for a lot of Highlands in my time and they have always been wonderfully full of personality. Mind you a lot were very strong (yet sensible) rides.

My heart lies with Fresians and when I win the lottery I will be going to Perthshire Fresians to find my dream horse.

Again, huge action...start the yoga for getting your back supple now. It's my shore cross that is a fresian look alike and move alike.

Beautiful creatures, indeed.

I don't k ow why shire gets autocorrecte to shore?
  • Davesnave
    Options
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Nice house Dave!

I wouldn't want it now. No parking of one's own and the garden is only half the size it was.

But it was a good buy for my folks in 1960. They paid £1k !! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport