We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 December 2012 at 12:00AM
    Options
    I don't know if this will work https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6sf1094pbofb3n/2012-07-07%2013.23.26.jpg

I love that view. It gives me joy.

The starts here were AMAZING tonight. We don't normally do night time with the kids, but we went to the Urdd Christmas Service in Blaenffos and came home after 7pm. Never seen so many stars, even in Aus. I think we might have been the only full English family there. The whole service was in Welsh. gratifyingly, I understood much of it.
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 December 2012 at 12:01AM
    Options
    Dropbox is not as impressive as being able to post a proper photo up here, but I had an almightly issue with importing my facebook photos and managed to use of 5GB of my monthly allowance in my over enthusiasm - and still didn't import hardly any! So hence I'm using dropbox....
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 December 2012 at 12:37AM
    Options
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    Dropbox is not as impressive as being able to post a proper photo up here, but I had an almightly issue with importing my facebook photos and managed to use of 5GB of my monthly allowance in my over enthusiasm - and still didn't import hardly any! So hence I'm using dropbox....

Rozee, I don't think you noticed when I posted a picture of your field and half of the view a few days ago, using Tinypic. :D

I'm afraid trips to Pembs are out for me, so I had to steal the photo. :o
    Post 6044

In your photo, it looks like someone's been busy fencing. It's a great view, a bit like the one we nearly had, till the plans changed. :(
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    nice view Rozee, but I must admit I am used to lovely views of the welsh valleys.

Tried ( very long shot) booking in the last 2 piggies for bacon etc, but they dont do bacon etc from the middle of november through december, as they only do their own bacon pigs... plus they were chock-a-block for doing porkers...

The reason being is that the pig auction is on friday morning, and our logic was that the piglets might have been cheaper, as peps dont want the expense of feeding them through the winter...but my way of thinking is, try and concentrate on getting free/cheap fruit and veg etc to bulk up their feed, and they should hit a good weight by Easter...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, here the sun has risen with a dramatic winter beauty.....l.gold light spilling over the big hill to the east.

No frost, and some normal amount of rain. All in all a happy morning.

I am throwing some slap on to explore a pretty town very close to us that I have never really explored properly. One of the reasons I have not is because it's hilly and I will probably need the stupid walking stick.

I am having a physio treatment later this week that will hopefully get me through the festive seasons demands on my body, and then I hope to have another in the new year, to help me keep moving through the ice on the water trough and never ending haynet filling.

We had hoped to build troughs to replace haynets before winter, but for people who are not practical this is a difficult endeavour....I would feed hay off the floor but we have a couple of filthy horses who pee on it. :(
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    ok I am thinking of practical presents here:D

We broke our VERY old rod poles etc while trying to clear old crows nests etc from the chimleys at the ranch, so I was thinking of buying hubby new rods etc for christmas:cool::rotfl::D

As I say I am thinking practicality here, not silly presents that will be open on crimbo morning, looked at, laughed at, then put down, and to be put in a cupboard to gather dust for eternity..

Seen these on the bay, what do you think? seems cheap to me, but to be honest prob cant afford super-douper, strong pucker ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-CHIMNEY-BRUSH-DRAIN-ROD-SWEEP-SWEEPING-SET-/400190318503?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item5d2d33a7a7
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    so I think the ebay one is a good deal?

sorry in work, and trying to do umpteen things at once:rotfl:

eldest is 18 on friday, so I just told him we couldnt do nothing on friday, but would do something on thursday, and he told me, that his mates have arranged to all go out to the local pubs on friday:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, OMG.... he doesnt normally drink, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo panicking, that he wil get drunk, and some !!!!!hole will try and pick on him:o
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    Things like non perisahble foods, water, medicine and candles etc My family laugh at me especially as we are in the middle of a city and surrounded with shops however I think a few weeks supplies is a happy medium for me. Although I think if they were not talking me round I may have quite a bit more

Rummer

The reason the Government backed down in the trucker's strike was because the supermarkets advised them that a number of cities had less than 2 days food supply left within their boundaries.

I understand that one city in the Midlands actually got down to less than a day's normal supply. Unless the truckers started trucking very quickly, shelves would be bare and they feared unrest.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    I was going to order from Alan Romans however I was sad to see that he is now part of T&M so I am on the lookout for another good value seed supplier.

That put the kibosh on my plans to top-up from his stocks at the Potato Day in February. :(

Just hope he still has some interesting and relatively cheap tattties.

Mind you having seen him many years over the last two decades in various places, he really was not looking well the last two years.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport