We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    morning...

well i woke up to 2 large tents, 5 vans and the start of 600 cyclists on my doorstep all eating/drinking/repairing bikes :eek:
    good job i didnt do my normal sunday morning "nip over the road in dressing gown to feed mabel" party piece ;) :rotfl::rotfl:

as LIR said for CTC, this is more ammo re the estate here for "forgetting" to tell me .... i checked it out and YES the owner had set it all up with them!! just forgot to tell me:mad:...
    im all for the charity ride so not cross with them just landlord...

ROPE, NOOSE,HANG,THEMSELVES.............;)

trouble is i cant get out at the mo...:( missed my boot sale..:(
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    I think I would have called the police, not a taxi, if someone knocked on my door at that time of day

It may happen. You're on a road and things happen to motorists in the countryside, though mobile phones take care of most emergencies nowadays.

Someone went into the hedge on Friday night about 300m from here, but they just abandoned the car and legged-it. Probably needed not to meet Plod, not that there's a lot of chance of that on this road in the middle of the night! :rotfl:

Alfie, surely that's holding you against your will. He could get two years for that. ;)
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Off out at 6am, but CTC beat me to it :D

Just buying, picked up bits and pieces, wll list later. Nothing there on your list Alf :(
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Off out at 6am, but CTC beat me to it :D

Just buying, picked up bits and pieces, wll list later. Nothing there on your list Alf :(

well im sorry rhiwi but that is just not good enough....
    i expect you to trudge hills and dales in adverse weather conditions in nought but a tee shirt, combats and back pack with basic supplies of tea and biskwits. and not to return to the warmth of your fire until mission completed....

but thanks for looking...;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    re...bike race ....
    i will add that BIMBLE has had the time of his life out there, doing party tricks for the remnants of thier snacks...... he has perfected his SWEET look to perfection :D :rotfl::rotfl:
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Shame you could not have had a garage sale today Alfie. :) need to be an auction though.

Well, loft insulation going in well. Found lots of wasps nests (source of the wasps that decimated our bees maybe?) including one about three feet wide!!!

Also found evidence of old windows, lintels etc. we 'strongly suspected' it had been rooms in the past, because it's huge, and also there is a doorway left up there. The lintels found are interesting though, as they are in southern wall ( middle of the Georgian section) so these then presumable predate the Georgian development, as otherwise would be a window into othe roof space in the house.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    LIR........ i think id check all the nooks and crannies up there before laying insulation. often "things" were put under floor boards in roofs as keepsakes. also in chimney breasts ,well beside them...
    may have some history up there too ? :D
    metal detector ??

ive been painting furniture today....
    not done a lot else, listed some more for the bay...
    made and ate a beef casserole....

wonder how CTC has got on at her fayre ?? hope :D not :(
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    LIR........ i think id check all the nooks and crannies up there before laying insulation. often "things" were put under floor boards in roofs as keepsakes. also in chimney breasts ,well beside them...
    may have some history up there too ? :D
    metal detector ??

ive been painting furniture today....
    not done a lot else, listed some more for the bay...
    made and ate a beef casserole....

wonder how CTC has got on at her fayre ?? hope :D not :(

Too late, it's down now, most of it. ;).

We'll be revisiting in a couple of decades, we have planning for a couple of spare bedrooms up there, restoration now, not development :D
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I also hope CTC's Vintage Fair was a good 'un, spurred on by the nice weather.

You have had nice weather? It's been lovely here. :D

Tried-out my electric chain saw today by using it to chop up the felled leylandii I've not yet burned. It was OK , but it seems to have become blunt quite quickly, so now I'll have to learn how to sharpen it.:( Somehow I don't think it will be chopping up all the firewood we have stacked, though it's all right for the smaller stuff. TBH I wasn't expecting miracles.

Still mulling the land over and wondering if we could put pigs into the area where we have large willow trees. They are 30' high in some cases, so I think they'd be safe....wouldn't they? ;)
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nice weather?

It never cleared here, admittedly no rain for a change, but, grim, grey, dank. A neat we didn't mind spending indoors.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport