We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We have mallards on the cake, and dh is down there now hoping he can find a mum . (i had google imaged and thought mallard too).
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    LIR.... good test to see if mums about is put duckling on side of cakeland in a wire cat/dog basket. she will appear to investigate if it is one of hers.
    ive stuck allsorts under hens with babies.... had a chicken rear a gosling, a duck rear chicks [which was fun when she couldnt get em in water !!] and a goose rear ducks... you could try it if no luck at the cakeland but remember if u rear it u will end up with a tame duck !! as long as dog dogs dont mind ??

p.s. I AM SO LILLIED OUT.......................
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    CTC......... i so feel for you. no words will hit the mark and you are quite entitled to mourn your "baby"... he will appreciate that you were thinking of him and he KNOWS what a wonderfull life he has had with you as part of your family.

"DO NOT COVER TOMOROWS SUN WITH TODAYS CLOUDS "
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well it seemed ti think it could hear mum on the cake so set it free and off it beetled. We find the mallards much more shy than the coots and the shelduck, and very rarely see them with ducklings especially, they keep under the heavy overgrowth at the sides.

Will have to hope.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments...

Hubby went out last night to see a mate's band and got totally plastered... eldest was with him, so he drove... ( one good thing about your kids passing their driving test, ant excuse to drove)

When he came home. he just kept on saying he needed it...

it was sooooooooooooo wired last night... as you know for the passed 18 months i have been sleeping on the sofa, purely so i can leave the dog out, or leave the front door open so he can go out to the loo, last night there was no need for me to sleep down stairs... but i did... Flip just writting about him and i am crying..

Today we are going to see someone else with pigs... he is selling up his herd... they are mainly crosses, he said his buyer for his pork, doesnt want as much now... so he wants to concentrate on his 500 chickens:eek:.

I must admi, its more to be nosey, than to buy;) plus to see if they have any secondhand pig arcs for sale...plus to get out of the house... as it is soooooooooooo empty

Last night we had an indian takeawy.. and halfway through i just burst out crying, as the dog wasnt pacing back and fore in front of my waitng for me tgo put my plate down for him..

the little things ........hurt the most..

Sorry if i am waffling on about him.....I shoud be ok ( hopefully in a few days)

LIR really hope i am not upsetting you, as i know what you have been through with old girl...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    CTC..... you let it all out gal....hopefully thats what we have all become...FRIENDS. And thats what friends are for, never apologise for grief. we have all been there and feel for you. i bet we have all had a "blub" for you...i have.

you sound off if it helps in any way.:)
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CTC - really feel for you with Rocky. It hurts so hard.

You will give a home to another in time - I'm sure.

Rhiwfield - hope the relative is okay. I couldn't raise a response for my Mother a few years ago because I wasn't in the same county. I was incensed afterwards - she was okay but could have been not a good outcome. Had to get a friend to go round - they wouldn't take a call from a non-relative. Health 24 hr................GGGGGGggggggrrrrrrrrr.

Hope the son is not too plastered in mud Alfie - looked a tad damp on the IOW, but some great acts.

Raining here but it's actually needed - weird concept for us.......

Packing up ebay stuff - need to source some bubble plastic.........
    Last night it got dark another weird thing at this time of year, but the cloud had dropped right down. It feels quite cool now so I think I'll stick a match to the kindling.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Hope the son is not too plastered in mud Alfie - looked a tad damp on the IOW, but some great acts.

Raining here but it's actually needed - weird concept for us.......

Packing up ebay stuff - need to source some bubble plastic.........
    Last night it got dark another weird thing at this time of year, but the cloud had dropped right down. It feels quite cool now so I think I'll stick a match to the kindling.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl::rotfl: son will prob wish he'd taken my suggestion of taking more than ONE bin bag !! not heard a peep so far... SO hes either at the bottom of a mud slide wrapped in his tent OR hes having fun whatever...tomorow will tell...;)

it is such strange weather here ! one minute blowing a hooley, next a shower THEN sunshine as if the previous 2 didnt happen ?? IOW weather is a law unto itself so who knows whats happening there.....:o

im twiddling my thumbs today....:(
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not like you.

It's very midgied here so good to be indoors. There's a rather strange Mel Gibson film on so that's chunttering in the background.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ctc, don't worry about me, i'm fine. I would be devastated if you censored your self on my behalf.

Question:

How to move heavy things like staddle stones and stone troughs from one place toanother? They are being offered to me for free, and so i really want them. We got the top of the staddle stones, but not the bases, they would kill the car, and the stone trough too....

Who does one call? Access for the stone trough is iffy to say the least.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure