We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    LIR..... if i can swop something from tomorow to tuesday [very possible] am i any good to help dave with the STONES ?? i do have a heavy duty flat moving trolley 3' x 2' ? cant get to you till 12 tho. could bring u some off cut oak for your fire to keep yr tootsies warm aswell....
    i will hear in next hour if i can swop day.. so cant promise till then.

No, no, no. Its HEAVY. Will not have you help lift it.

Remember guys, alfie has a back with a serious issue, and she is asking if she can come and lift stone:rotfl::rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    LIR....just got message ...YEP "IM FREE" ...if you want me ..:o

i am sat here with 12 :eek: bin bags full of designer clothes that my friend has just given me... i havent opened one yet ! got new feather duvet and cushions etc too as she cant be near feathers now...:( :D

she did say there are more posh shoes for me to "bay" later on, she just has to sort em out....:j
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    No, no, no. Its HEAVY. Will not have you help lift it.

Remember guys, alfie has a back with a serious issue, and she is asking if she can come and lift stone:rotfl::rotfl:

NNOOOOOOO thats my twin sister.....:p

:(:(:( i want to do it...:(:(:(

anyway one uses wood poles to lever thus one does not use full weetabix power in one go..... AND two people make weight distribution much better.....:D
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Davesnave:mad: flipping neighbours...

I was wondering when you are using weedkiller in the garden. and the wind is 'blowing' in the right direction;), well you cant control where the weedkiller goes then can you:D

Ww have put the geese in the front garden with the front door open.... great.... its distracting us in a good way, as it was dog territory....

Went up the new place... and it is got out of hand now...:o really hope this weather changes, so we can get back on track... dont like strimming/ cutting stuff when it is raining/wet

The things i have planted havent grown on, they look exactly the same as the day i planted them ....

so might get some miracle grow and give them all a feed, to see if that will give them a boast....

right got to go, watching some of my stuff on fleabay which are due to finish:D
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Davesnave:mad: flipping neighbours...

I was wondering when you are using weedkiller in the garden. and the wind is 'blowing' in the right direction;), well you cant control where the weedkiller goes then can you:D

Ww have put the geese in the front garden with the front door open.... great.... its distracting us in a good way, as it was dog territory....

Went up the new place... and it is got out of hand now...:o really hope this weather changes, so we can get back on track... dont like strimming/ cutting stuff when it is raining/wet

The things i have planted havent grown on, they look exactly the same as the day i planted them ....

so might get some miracle grow and give them all a feed, to see if that will give them a boast....

right got to go, watching some of my stuff on fleabay which are due to finish:D

IMO... M grow is ok for flowers but you cant beat "6X" for sprinkling on poor ground AND this rain is great for getting it to sink in. it has to be sprinkled/gently dug in and around already planted things but it is the quickest and best i reckon for you to do.... i get it from scats but anywhere that does bags of peat etc should have it...i swear by it..:D
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    6x? That is obviously not a phonetic spelling....i thought it meant sex.

I will see if its anywhere locally.

Alfies garden is luch, so if thats what she uses i am gonna try it.

Re growing, i understand ctc. The gutting thing is the weeds and grass grow none the less!
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks Alfie... will they have it in wyevale or b&q?
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    NNOOOOOOO thats my twin sister.....:p

:(:(:( i want to do it...:(:(:(

anyway one uses wood poles to lever thus one does not use full weetabix power in one go..... AND two people make weight distribution much better.....:D

Its you. :rotfl:

No, not this time alfie. I value you too highly to get you shifting big bits of stone. If dh were here maybe we would cope but, nope, won't let ya. :p
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    CTC, so sorry about your dog, sad day :(

Lir, I'm sure it must get warmer before winter sets in, though it was fleeces and scarves at the boot this morning :eek:

Was disappointed at the lack of Ebay fireworks this afternoon, steady rather than spectacular, then had lots of bins kicking in and have loads of parcels to now pack and send out. Think there may have been some anti footy buying going on :DAnd with good sales at the boot DW cant wait to go to another auction to replenish stock .
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts