We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lol... Choille, I've done that a few times in the past:cool:... I could only find one shoe, so in the end i refunded and dold them the heel broke while packing them:D

Thanks Alfie.... will go on my travels tonight,and have a look..

Rhiwie.... fingers crossed you got some 'sleeper's in amoungst your stuff, can you remember how much the blankets were going for? P presume they were the tapestry ones? was there many people there? what were the prices like?

Well thankfully, thanks to Alfie and Rhiwie i moved the army coat listing to finish on tuesday... as i am sure the footie did effect prices on fleabay last night.... all but one of my items had bids on them, and one of my nylon nighties went for £16:D:T

there is a place where you can get free websites with a shopping cart, so i was thinking of doing a website just for nylon nighties vintage nylon stuff:eek::D..so then when i sell nylon stuff on fleabay i can put the website details on a business card;) what do you think?

any ideas on a first part name? pm me with any ideas:D
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    There's no cure for f e c k lessness, but surely even the daftest person has some understanding of what grass and thistle seeds do?
    Not really tbh. Have you had a quiet word and explained about the seeds drifting over, I bet they haven't even given it a thought.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, as ctc mentioned old girl, i might as well give you an update. She has been on medication for three weeks and has regained some of the weight she lost and while she certainly looks more her age she looks better than she did three weeks ago.

One of the things that can happen is the illness can make them ravenous but the pills can make them anorexic. She is certainly hungry. She has a nother blood test at either the end of this week or a week today.

Every morning she is hiding round a corner and i think, as i see her chums, that she must have carked it, but then she comes trotted around the corner. A coue of times this week she has been cantering which makes me laugh.

But. I thi this is very stressful and i am still not sure i am doing the right thing, not so much for her but selfishly for me. Though she has improved a great deal i still doubt we will successfully be looking at another winter. It might be possible if i had a stable for her and a chum, and could pump her full of grass nuts (hay is just not possible, but her teeth are good so we do not know why that is, i suspect that the tumour is so large that it is impacting some how. So i am at some point going to have to make the decision to put a well loved person down while she looks well. (or well enough). I cannot imagine how i will do this, or when. The new vet ( who is not teeating her, i think its fair to the old vet who started her treatment to let him follow through even if i am moving practise) says not to give up on her yet, and that winter might be easier than autumn, but i don't know.
    The difficulty is that while secial girl would happily choose the end that was with me on the end of the rope stroking her, old girl is not like thay, she is a tough cookie, not sentimental, and fiercy survivalist. She would drag herself around on one leg if she had too.

While it is always hard to make the decision, i only thing we have left it too long once before. But i just cannot imagine i will know when to call it here. If she gets as ipll as last time it will be best to let her go then i think. But i feel terrible saying that, because she is enjoying life again now.

I feel with old girl, special girls shoulderm the house, the land issues, the bloody pump on the lagoon (i need a repair person up this way, no chance you know anyone davesnave? The building issues and builders, some financial dramas and some doubts over work and next routes for the buisness, I feel every day is a bit of a drama right now, and its wiping me out.

I need to decide whether to go ahead with some fencing this year, or to use that 'work' money for gates and building improvements, or a temporary surface for the horses. And i have just for the first time advertised, but don't really feel in the right place yet to be taking work, i do need to get an income and some business focus.

The little things become bigger issues than the big things. I have cried over the lawn mower not being back from the repair place, while i cannot yet for old girl. Special girls shoulder i cannot think about beyond thinking i will think about it nest week, but the hedgecutter ( the hardest working tool here, its much better than anything else at clearing scrub etc) blades stopped moving and i burst into tears. The contractor issue tipped me over the edge just the otherday and i felt nuerotic. I lay awake till late in the night worrying and fretting. Our land looks a mess, i knew it would take time to sort out but i had no idea contractors and farmers with equipment would be so hard to enlist around here.

This is the tired, frustrated face of smallholding a place too big for hand tools. But a good night sleep tonight, the grass not being a profit but having found a home...at least thesef issues are gone until next year.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not really tbh. Have you had a quiet word and explained about the seeds drifting over, I bet they haven't even given it a thought.

Yes, we have offered to cut back along the boundary on their side for them, but like other help offered from official sources, it's always declined.

These are people who won't let their kids go to school or even out of their sight for a few minutes. It's control freakery at it's most severe. :(
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You need a person to repair the pump, lir? Or a general handyperson?

I will have a think, but no one comes to mind at present over your way. My only leads would be Chew Valley direction.

Pity I can't help you with the stone today.....could have come up A303. :(

Off now, anyway.....:)
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    You need a person to repair the pump, lir? Or a general handyperson?

I will have a think, but no one comes to mind at present over your way. My only leads would be Chew Valley direction.

Pity I can't help you with the stone today.....could have come up A303. :(

Off now, anyway.....:)

Well, both i guess! Pump is getting pressing, but a good handyperson remains elusive.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LIR..... The way you are feeling, you are not alone..... it is sooooooooo frustrating... we have been asking,l ooking, organising a person with a jcb to start scraping, clearing part of the land, we agree a price etc, and then they dont turn up, or contact us, soooooooooo today i am going to phone someone else..

TBH we need a pot of gold to do this place up.... my heart ruled my head when buying this place, now that i have got to know the place... we have really taken on more than we can handle, and some days i feel i just want to put it back into auction, get whatever i can for it, and walk away...

At the end of the day it all boils down to money and time....

we could make loads of time by giving up our work, but then we would have no money, or anyway of saving money... but over the next few years we need to do a juggling act, to try and get the land in order, so we can have some sort of income from it....but we need to work as well...

I am not even thinking of the money that needs to be spent on the house yet.... I am just trying to get the land productive in some way..

Old girl...... I REALLY do feel for you.....only you know when the time is right for you and old girl....
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What sort of pump is it LIR's?
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What sort of pump is it LIR's?

Its a pump that empties the lagoon. Its electricity powered. It keeps tripping,(after a while) so i guess it is over heating. Last year we had it on for weeks and weeks and weeks without a break.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Btw the thanks aren't being eaten, but are mot working. I do thank you all really!

Ctc, i know you know. I do think this crummy weather makes it all feel worse too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure