overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Monday All :)

Generally a dull day but sooooooo cold ! Winter is here :)

Been thinking about Christmas & chatting to boys about the need to cut back. Their favourite bit is all the food (surprise surprise) so we have to cut back on the gifts side this year. I guess they are growing up :D
    So rather than say " what do you want for Christmas" and getting a list of expensive stuff - I said "you can choose up to ££ in total " and see how we go with that. I think if they know the budget limit they can then decide which stuff the really do want if that makes sense ?

Am going to allow £100 for Christmas food & drink which should be plenty (last year I spent nearly £300 !!!!) oh how things change ?
    This seems like a sensible plan. It's only one day after all :)
    One tradition I will keep up - every year I buy a new board game & we open it and play it on Christmas eve - the boys love this and it's £20 I dont begrudge - we play lots of board games so it's a worthwhile spend :)

In other news have given myself a good talking to today - I have a lot of good things in my life to be thankful for so enough of the self pity :T

Need to check bank and do some jobs before I sit down .... No rest for the wicked !!!

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Coco

Our local community shop (charity shop) always has loads of board games that seem to be in great condition, so it could be worth having a look in your local charity shops.

Just a thought

Hugs xx
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Happy Monday All :)

Generally a dull day but sooooooo cold ! Winter is here :)

Been thinking about Christmas & chatting to boys about the need to cut back. Their favourite bit is all the food (surprise surprise) so we have to cut back on the gifts side this year. I guess they are growing up :D
    So rather than say " what do you want for Christmas" and getting a list of expensive stuff - I said "you can choose up to ££ in total " and see how we go with that. I think if they know the budget limit they can then decide which stuff the really do want if that makes sense ?

Am going to allow £100 for Christmas food & drink which should be plenty (last year I spent nearly £300 !!!!) oh how things change ?
    This seems like a sensible plan. It's only one day after all :)
    One tradition I will keep up - every year I buy a new board game & we open it and play it on Christmas eve - the boys love this and it's £20 I dont begrudge - we play lots of board games so it's a worthwhile spend :)

In other news have given myself a good talking to today - I have a lot of good things in my life to be thankful for so enough of the self pity :T

Need to check bank and do some jobs before I sit down .... No rest for the wicked !!!

Coco x

Morning Coco.

It's great to see the new Coco shining through again. :j

There are two way to approach Christmas.

One is to throw money at it. An ostentatious display of food, drink, decorations and and endless supply of nibbles and snack you wouldn't buy at any other time.

Another way is to throw some thought and a bit of time at it. Christmas dinner is only a Sunday dinner on steroids and if you ignore the marketing opportunity that the shops make it you can have a great day. It's about who you're with not how much you spend.

A great present doesn't have to mean an expensive present. Last year I got a Maze Ball and they are so cool and addictive. It's nearly Christmas again and I'm still playing with it!

Mine is like this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Addictaball-Large-Maze-Puzzle-Game/dp/B0031J8Q4E

Like everything they are a lot cheaper this year, I believe mine cost around £20 and was bought for me because I like brain teasers and puzzles, they are certainly fun.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Options
    Mr T what a great suggestion .... My boys would love the maze ball !! I think I will get one of those :j

Their favourite part of Christmas is Christmas Eve. We always cook the ham & watch A Chrustmas Carol .... :D

I have made a proper list this year. Only buying for Bruce & nephew £10 limit each and for my two - that's it - already told everyone am not buying this year :) we have also made a food/ drinks list so will order that online this year - no manic last minute spending on rubbish we won't eat !

Not done much else today. Late out of bed this morning & been mad at work so it's gone in a bit of a rush !! Quick whizz around tonight then off to bed. Am really tired today. Woke up @ 4am had a really vivid , horrible dream. I couldn't settle after that and didn't really sleep properly after that - I hate those sort of dreams !

Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Coco x
  • Coco114
    Options
    Lol have no idea who "Bruce" is .... I meant niece ??!!!! :rotfl:
  • Coco114
    Options
    Brrrr it's cold out there :D

Only outside for 2 mins and its blinking freezing !!!

I really to pop and get a couple of bits from shop but I don't want to go out again - so it's a NSD by default :) shouldn't need to do a big shop this week as I think boys are at their dads ......... (I know :) ) so I am going to go through cupboards & do a shopping list while I have the peace & quiet !

I also need to come to terms with the 3 pairs of jeans that no longer fit me and two dresses and get them on eBay !
    Have done ok this week - just about on top of washing , football kits sorted so just whip around the bathroom tomorrow & Hoover through.

Right off to catch up on other diaries :)

Coco x
  • pennies_from_Heaven
    Options
    Hi Coco,
    Just been through your whole thread, oh keeps coming and looking over my shoulder with a puzzled expression, wondering why jobs aren't done and last night why dinner was late lol:D
    Just wanted to say that you have coped amazingly and have made me laugh out loud on numerous occasions, thankyou!:rotfl:
    Good luck for the future and I will be popping in now and then...

And back to something you said on about page 2 - I'm afraid I'm one of those dodgy people who like soft toys (sorry:o) - I also make them and the income derived from my little hobby/job helped get us out of debt back in the bad ol' days, so it can't be that bad! lol
    Take care coco, and keep posting! :T
    LBM 1.1.16 = £27096.59 - now £17,020.38

Paydbx 2017 - £3588.90/£7000 = 51.27% - number 74

Paydbx 2016 - £6487.31/£7000 = 92.67% - number 74
  • Coco114
    Options
    Awww thank you Pennies , what a lovely post :) I am sorry I made your dinner late yesterday :D

So it's Friday night and guess what ?! There's been a change of plan this weekend ..... Surprise surprise. I am so bored of the whole thing - it's really starting to p*** me off now tbh !!!!!

Anyhoooo ... Going to do some jobs , eat some food then it's wine o'clock !!! And I suppose I had better do a grocery shop now then (was planning on beans on toast this weekend ). Ah well the best laid plans and all that :)

Coco x
  • satchmo1
    Options
    Have a family conference and decide how you want to play this, but I'd be tempted to say no more lounging about in my house ex-OH....
  • satchmo1
    Options
    And, I'd only serve beans on toast as that's all that's on the menu!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback