Comments

• searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    hope all the rubbish is over coco and everything goes well from now on x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Imdebtfree
    Options
    Hope you got your work caught up with Coco, so that you can enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    I have also had the work week from hell, and this weekend I'm too exhausted to even think! Tonight, i'm staying in on my own with x factor and a bottle of wine I got for 1.50 a few weeks ago.
    Explore all the threads on the forum, theres lots of food deals to be had - i've started using coupons for money off, got a heap of heinz 5 beans which are always handy. Fortunately, I'm partial to baked pots and beans.

Keep up the good work (even tho its tough at times ) !! :j
    :hello: The grass is not greener, it just looks that way from a distance :hello:
  • DaveK1971
    Options
    No point in worrying... all we really have is what's happening right now (happiness is the road / the power of now)
    Debt @ 17/11/12: £12,017 :embarasse. Hoping to be debt free by June 2014 :).
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

So - I had a £700 for a new boiler (could have been worse I suppose!) and my washing machine caught on fire ...... Another £250 ...... Also a small car bill of £120.... That's my dose of bad luck for now surely ???!!!!! So no hot water , no way of washing & no car for a couple of days was :( as you can imagine ! Throw in an "issue" at school and a disastrous work week - Its amazing I haven't gone over the edge really :D

I have no savings left - but I have £12 in my purse - £90 in the bank and it's pay day on Friday so it's not so bad I guess ! My friend came down with wine - I started crying but ended up laughing as there was nothing else for it !

So catch up day today. Got through quite a bit of work , work yesterday but now need to do some housework badly.
    Ex has been brilliant (lending an ear to my moaning & some running around for me) so much thanks to him - greatly appreciated :)

Am back to square one (or that's how it feels !) and I must build up a small buffer again as quickly as possible.

But , tea & toast first :)

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    Aaah, bless you, it sounds really stressy and it goes without saying that it's totally unfair!

But although life seems like a game of snakes and ladders sometimes, you haven't slid back to square one - because you haven't increased debt in resolving these problems and you haven't undone all the good financial arrangements you've made in the past couple of months. So just one little snake down and hopefully a nice long ladder up coming soon!

Speaking of snakes, (yes I know that's probably a bit harsh! :D) the ex has done what most men do naturally - step in to problem solve; and I expect he feels better too this week that you needed him even in a small way because it tears them apart that we can manage without them you know!

Onwards and upwards always x
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £107/£365 29.3%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £6.9k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • Coco114
    Options
    :rotfl: snake is very harsh :) though it did make me laugh !

I am pleased to say I did all the problem solving myself so it was just the logistics I needed a bit of help with ! To be fair - if it were just me I would have put at least one of those expenses off till I had saved for it - but as we have children , we had to sort it out :D
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :)

I had a week like yours back in about April. Huuuuge car bill and it put my debt free date back 6 months (DFD is this Friday btw :j) however, if I hadn't been reading these boards and taking such good care of all the other finances I would have been in real trouble. So the good thing is you had a problem and you overcame it :)

Here's to a better week this week :beer:
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Fingers Crossed Coco for a good week for you ! :D
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

So - I had a £700 for a new boiler (could have been worse I suppose!) and my washing machine caught on fire ...... Another £250 ...... Also a small car bill of £120.... That's my dose of bad luck for now surely ???!!!!! So no hot water , no way of washing & no car for a couple of days was :( as you can imagine ! Throw in an "issue" at school and a disastrous work week - Its amazing I haven't gone over the edge really :D

I have no savings left - but I have £12 in my purse - £90 in the bank and it's pay day on Friday so it's not so bad I guess ! My friend came down with wine - I started crying but ended up laughing as there was nothing else for it !

So catch up day today. Got through quite a bit of work , work yesterday but now need to do some housework badly.
    Ex has been brilliant (lending an ear to my moaning & some running around for me) so much thanks to him - greatly appreciated :)

Am back to square one (or that's how it feels !) and I must build up a small buffer again as quickly as possible.

But , tea & toast first :)

Coco x

All in all a tough time but look at how well you've dealt with it, well done you.

These things never happen at a convenient time and I know Christmas is approaching at speed but you're right about building up a buffer.

When these things happen it's a blow but the pain is magnified ten fold if it happens and you don't have the means to deal with it. You did have the means and you've come out of the other side slightly battered, a bit miffed but sorted. You live to fight another day :T and that's what matters.

I went through something similar during the great kitchen appliance disaster of 2009. All the appliances were the same age, done when the kitchen was replaced and updated and everything started to die at the same time. Dishwasher, washing machine, oven and microwave all went within days of each other. And, as if that wasn't enough I managed to break the glass top of the ceramic hob to complete the set. :mad: :o

I put a bag of shopping down on the worktop and a bottle of beer in the bag fell over as the rest of the contents settled. The top of the bottle just caught the edge of the hob and it cracked all the way across! :eek:

To make things worse it all happened in the second week of December and yes, you've guessed it, we were doing Xmas dinner for the parents so it all had to be fixed straight away.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Options
    Ahh Mr T the great appliance disaster ..... Sounds familiar :D

The theme continues this week as my hairdryer blew up this morning !! Luckily I have some Mr T vouchers so I picked up a cheap & cheerful one earlier - problem solved :)

Work crazy - can't wait for a week off at Christmas ! Then its New Year , New Start :T I don't do new year resolutions .... Just a promise to myself that's it's going to be a good one !

Bank looking ok - put petrol in , got a few grocery bits & still have £60 to last till Friday - happy with that !
    Will look at budget at the weekend - it's going to be a tight December but if I am careful , it should be ok.

Nothing else to report really !

Coco x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family