overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• rumblytum
    rumblytum Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    masonn wrote: »
    Of course everything was properly labeled - not :o

One evening I cooked some spaghetti for the bolognese sauce I was defrosting only to find it was chilli con carne, an odd combination but I still enjoyed it :rotfl:

:rotfl: Haha - I've done that. Defrosted what I thought was stock, and started making the risotto when I realised it was soup. The risotto was exceptionally tasty!!

rumbly x
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes will have to be something like that I think :)

Trouble is because I dont organise food / meals very well , I tend to shop without a list (when I haven't bothered to meal plan !) so I find that half way through the week there is stuff running out & a quick dash to shop leaves me £30 poorer !!

Bills / mortgage aside our biggest extravagance is food !! If I could get that spend down I would be very happy - I also have a nearly empty freezer so I really have no excuse ! So that will be my focus for now - it will also make my life a darn sight easier. I hate walking in the door at 6.30 with no clue what to do for dinner ..... Watch this space !

Other than that - its been a fairly quiet week really (I should learn to enjoy the peaceful times :) ) nothing exciting to add .... Buts it Thursday already tomorrow :T

Hope everyone had a good day !

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Coco114
    Options
    Happy Friday All :j

Very dull couple of days :) nothing to report. Work mental , couple of surveys .... There is a recurring theme there !!!

Have printed my meal planners off , so tomorrow will take a look through cupboards and see what I have.
    I ' may ' have a couple of child free days next week .... But I won't count my chickens yet :D

Have worked out I have £150 to last 2 weeks (£40 will be petrol) I reckon that's do-able ? And I wouldnt have said that six months ago !!! Will work it out tomorrow.

Hope all have had a good week.

Coco x
  • Coco114
    Options
    Grocery shop done !! Spent £79 !!!!!
    For once I think I have meals sorted :T

Beef stew & dumplings today
    Chicken Kiev & rice monday
    Savoury mince & roast pots , veg Tues
    HM burgers & wedges weds
    Toad in hole thurs
    Sweet & sour chicken & rice fri

Well that's the plan :)
    Probably won't have 2 boy free days after all (surprise surprise !!) so may as well plan accordingly.

Need to list some eBay today - must do this !!!
    Also get all jobs done before tonight so can watch closing ceremony. Will be very sorry when Olympics over .... Thank god footie season starts again :j

Treated myself to a very pretty notebook yesterday for all my lists ! It's keeps me on track and saves me boring everyone on here! Have given myself the task of going through every room ready to move or start budget decorating depending what happens ....

Noticed during visit day that my ex moans - all the time - about awful his life is , it brings me down and the kids. The mood brightened a lot in the evening..... I know ain't easy for anybody but what happened to being positive ? Even just a little bit ??!! It drives me nuts. But I went out for afternoon because I don't have to listen to it anymore :D

Right , waffle over , need to get on !!

Coco x
  • Coco114
    Options
    Oh I nearly forgot - have £6.36 from rounding down my current account. Is in my saving 2 account for now - will pay it off something at the end of the month :T
  • fantastiyk
    fantastiyk Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Coco,
    You're doing really well!!
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »

Noticed during visit day that my ex moans - all the time - about awful his life is , it brings me down and the kids. The mood brightened a lot in the evening..... I know ain't easy for anybody but what happened to being positive ? Even just a little bit ??!! It drives me nuts. But I went out for afternoon because I don't have to listen to it anymore :D

Coco x

Perhaps his life seems awful because he can see you getting yours back on track. :D

Maybe he thinks you should still wallowing in misery and self pity and the fact that you aren't is making him miserable.

I'm glad your mood lifts when he's gone, don't let him drag you down with him! :eek:
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Options
    Monday done :)

NSD & meals as per planner :) 3 surveys at lunchtime, 78p from rounding & found a £2 coin in my jacket pocket :T
    All in all a good day !

Bit of a dull one - I really don't like Mondays !! Quiet day at work today so a good day to catch up :)

Going for a 2nd viewing on a lovely house later this week - all three of us loved it but I am not getting excited yet - if it's meant to be it will happen , if not then it won't :)

Still nothing from Sec Loan .... I don't know what to make of it tbh - another waiting game I suppose !

Hope everyone has a good week.

Coco x
  • win123
    win123 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi coco

Jusst wanted to say that you are an amazing person and reading your journey is giving me room for thought saving on food shopping etc - Have been in touch with CAB who say that my mum is a priority re the MRS scheme so fingers crossed - just waiting to hear back from the housig association after she took all my financial details to weeks ago etc frightened of calling them incase it is bad news - but no news is good news is the saying - Just hope that they help us i am not so worried about myself but its my poor mother and son I worry about the most - Coco just wanted to ask re debt - you know when you said that mortgage is the first priority etc what happens then when the Debt management plan is reduced etc and creditors dont like it they have halved my debt management plan money down as they say mortgage comes first but I am still finding it a struggle - does anyone know what happens if for instance you cant pay the DMP much anymore? Daft question I know but just wondered if it has happened to anyone else and what the consequences are xxx Cant believe Coco how well you are getting on with things you are an inspiration -
  • Coco114
    Options
    Hey Win :)

That's great news re : MRS scheme !! It takes time but try & stay positive if you can.
    As for debts etc - well for me a roof over my kids heads & food in their tummy is the main thing - everything else comes 2nd. If your choice is debt repayment or eating , then your family had to come first. Have you talked to your DMP people & told them what's going on ? I don't know how it works but maybe they can reduce things for a couple of months ?

Whilst I take debt very seriously , at the end of the day - they can't have what you haven't got. I remember not so long ago hovering by the front door waiting for a knock or waiting for the phone to ring , it's an awful feeling. It's not that I don't worry about it - I just try not to let it consume me :)

Keep smiling you are doing great !

Keep in touch.

Coco x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills