overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So - MSE has gone a bit wonky last couple of days ... Took youngest grocery shopping yesterday & it cost me nearly £20 more !!!! Yikes !
    Not worth it for the help loading the car :D

Still haven't listed any more on eBay so must get on with that , otherwise it's dead money sat around !
    Just had very MSE dinner of bubble & squeak with some chopped smoked sausage thrown in - it was absolutely delicious :)

Will do a couple of surveys later as didn't do them at lunchtime.

Still not response from sec loan to my letter .... I don't know if that's good or bad though ?

Hope everyone had a great day !

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • maganan
    maganan Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coco you are amazing! I'm sure 6mths ago you wouldnt have thought youd have been advising others on the path to hope, housing and ultimately debt -freeness x
    Final no going back LBM 20/12/10
    Debt Jan 2011 [STRIKE]£28217.65[/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE] DMP start 01/02/11 -[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    Debt free[STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]26 September 2014 :):beer:
    £2 Savers Club - 2012 no 105 2012 Sealed pot challenge no 1282 DMP mutual support thread No 405
    Proud to HAVE dealt with my debts:j
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Coco.

I've had a busy few days and haven't been around much.

Never take the kids shopping, it always costs a fortune, it's amazing how they manage it but the do.

I had a text from my daughter last week, she needed two new tyres for her car but hey that's what Dads are for :0)

Then there was the Dyson disaster, I was at a meeting on Friday and got home to find a note from my Doris that does, the Dyson has died. The good news was that it expired just as she was finishing the vacuuming.

I took it to the local repair shop and the motor is dead but given expert medical attention it will live again. A new motor and belt plus a replacement handle that's also broken is going to cost £84, a lot cheaper than a new one and it comes with a years guarantee.

An expensive few days so I called in at the pub this evening, there's nothing like listening to the old gits moaning about what the weather is doing to their fruit and veg on the allotments to make you feel that perhaps your troubles aren't so bad after all, that and a pint or two of Neville's finest.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Aamberle
    Aamberle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Coco - Hope you have a great day x
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • mumfirst_2
    mumfirst_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Coco

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi been following you from afar. Well done for coming this far you should be very proud of yourself.

Having been in a similar situation wanted to say it does get better. Six years on the ex still tries involve himself in my life but nowadays I dont let it bother me. My kids have grown into well adjusted young adults who quickly wised up to their fathers antics and i even plucked up the courage to put myself out there and met someone else eventually.

Rooting for you girl :)
  • Coco114
    Options
    Masonn it sounds like you have had a busy week .... Glad to hear Neville is keeping well ;)

MF good on you :) not quite ready for a new man yet but hopefully I will get there at some point !

I am still doing lots of :) but it does feel like I am just treading water at the moment .... Sorting this house stuff out seems to be taking forever & I feel totally in limbo at the moment .... So I need to think of something - any ideas on a small , money related challenge ? I did think about moving the odd pence in my bank over to my savings account every day maybe so it would feel like a PAD challenge ?

All suggestions greatly received - back later to update :D

Coco x
  • Mr_Toad
    Options
    Coco, I believe that things happen for a reason. Sometimes people complain that it's all fate or that fate is against them but I think we make our own luck and sometimes we are faced with decisions that we perhaps do not want to make.

Call it luck or fate or what you will but I believe that we have to embrace the choices offered and do our best to steer our lives as best we can.

You have made those choices and done it with courage and now it seems like everything is on hold and you are in limbo. Don't despair things can take time but they will happen, all you have to do is stay strong and do what you can to cope with the waiting.

Nobody can ever accuse you of throwing your hands up and giving in, you are fighting to make things better and to keep your family together. Keep sight of that goal and never forget why you are doing what you are doing.
  • Coco114
    Options
    Ahh thanks Masonn - I totally get what you are saying.

I really hope I didn't sound "down" because I am not :) I am just a little bit twitchy , like I need something to focus on... Hence the need for a challenge !!

I have lots of ideas buzzing around tonight - am thinking the grocery challenge. I spend way too much on groceries - mainly due to lack of organisation I might add :) so that's going to be my main focus.

Aside from that it's all good but getting too used to only getting myself up & out in the morning .... Am dreading back to school already :D

Coco x
  • rumblytum
    rumblytum Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Ahh thanks Masonn - I totally get what you are saying.

I really hope I didn't sound "down" because I am not :) I am just a little bit twitchy , like I need something to focus on... Hence the need for a challenge !!

I have lots of ideas buzzing around tonight - am thinking the grocery challenge. I spend way too much on groceries - mainly due to lack of organisation I might add :) so that's going to be my main focus.

Aside from that it's all good but getting too used to only getting myself up & out in the morning .... Am dreading back to school already :D

Coco x

What about doing a 'using up the storecupboards' challenge? Make a list of everything you've got in the cupboards/fridge/freezer - particularly things that get neglected and left at the back of the cupboards, and work out how to make meals out of them. Only shop for bread/milk/fruit/veg in the meantime, while things get used up. Just a thought.
    rumbly x
  • Mr_Toad
    Options
    rumblytum wrote: »
    What about doing a 'using up the storecupboards' challenge? Make a list of everything you've got in the cupboards/fridge/freezer - particularly things that get neglected and left at the back of the cupboards, and work out how to make meals out of them. Only shop for bread/milk/fruit/veg in the meantime, while things get used up. Just a thought.
    rumbly x

Great idea, I'm currently working my way through the freezer. I bought something for the freezer a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't room, I've been stuffing things in but rarely taking stuff out.

I've been living out of the freezer since and as well as not spending much on food my freezer is now only about half full.

Of course everything was properly labeled - not :o

One evening I cooked some spaghetti for the bolognese sauce I was defrosting only to find it was chilli con carne, an odd combination but I still enjoyed it :rotfl:

Last night I had a fish finger sandwich, tonight I'm out with friends for a bar meal. :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback