overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Aamberle :) you were bright& early today as always !

Last two eBay items sent so now begins the hunt to find more to sell. I def need a sort out weekend, only this time I need to actually do it :)

Deposit fund is now £700 (with a bit of help :) ) but need a bit more yet. Can't be too frugal this weekend as , you guessed it, boys are with me ..... Again ..... So maybe , DVD , scrabble comp & tennis to keep them busy !

Just realised that i need to start thinking about school uniform , school shoes etc etc - there is always something !! Can't do it too early as there is lots of growing going on at the moment !

Hope you are all having a wonderful week :D

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Coco.

Lots of smiley faces in your last post which has to be a good thing. Glad you're OK and feeling good.

School uniforms can be tricky, if you peak too soon they might not fit when needed but if you leave it too long you run the risk of not getting what you need.

Good luck with the timing.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Options
    Good evening all :) for anyone who has had a bad day ...... In the space of 4 hours this afternoon , I have managed to :)

A) drop a stapler on my toe , exclaimed the phrase "plucking bell" loudly to find the MD & visitor stood behind me ,
    B) sashay back into the office in my lovely floaty summer skirt to find it tucked into my not-so-lovely summer pants
    And
    C) drop the entire contents of my carrier back all over the supermarket car park - in front of a fire engine complete with 6 fire man ......

I am left with 2 choices for this evening - shut myself in a dark cupboard or - have a highly illegal glass of Thursday night wine ..................

The wine won :D

Hope everyone else had a splendid day though :)

Coco x
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    Coco - I am a bad human being. I actually grinned (not laughed out loud I hasten to add) at your skirt in pants story. Sorry. :o

Enjoy the wine and I hope tomorrow brings better things.
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • Coco114
    Options
    :D feel free to lol .... I came to terms with being a walking disaster area a long time ago :rotfl:
  • Aamberle
    Aamberle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Coco - Just been catching on yesterdays antics..sorry but I did laugh..but you got through it.

Hope Friday is less eventful for you. Take Care xx
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • win123
    win123 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    COCO - Just read your journey and a tough one at that and what an inspiration you are to others who are going through the same nightmare. I am also in an awful lot of debt partly mine but also an ex who I had been with for 6 yrs had spent on my cards in my name always promising to pay it back and yes he did a runner NICE GUY ( we never lived together) - anyway I am left with about 25k of debt! I have a mortgage with my mother strange I know but I have currently owing 106,000 - I hav ea teenage son also who is full time at college. I was wondering if you could give me some advice with regards to the mortgasge rescue scheme - I am nt sure if they will consider me if not I am going to end up bancrupt and lose my home anyway - I am currently paying 730 per month mortgage 92 towards a DMP and some of the household bills - my mother is disabled and claims DLA and gets her pension and she pays the other bills and something of her credit card so not much left at the end of the month for food or petrol or things that teenagers need - We have had the house specially adapted for my mum by the council years ago ie a stairlift and a walk in shower as she cannot get up the stairs or in to a bath due to her disability - How do they work out if you are suitable to apply for the MRS scheame - such a worry that I hate my life at the moment and I know I shouldnt cause there are many more people in the same situation out there and worse but sometimes I just wonder where I am going to end up I am so frightened of being homeless more so than the debt xxx any advice would be hugely appreciated - and everyone seems so lovely on the site so kind and help everyone through the bad days - Good luck to everyone who is struggling and worrying I hope all of us one day can look back on this rough time and say Hey we did it - I have never been so worried in my life :(:(:(
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    win didn't want to read and run. I am sure coco will be back in the morning perhaps if you have missed her tonight.

You might also want to ask this question on the mortgage board too.

good luck with moving forward.

chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • recoverydust
    Options
    Welcome CoCo,
    I am just starting and have opened a debt free wanna be diary.
    I am happy to cheer you on and take any tips you have for frugal living without being miserable....
    lots of love
    Nicky
    xxx
  • Coco114
    Options
    Thanks Chev :)
    Welcome aboard RD I just read the beginning of your diary - you write so eloquently :) all the very best of luck !!

Win am sorry I didn't get to reply last night.
    Firstly I am not qualified to advise you in any way BUT - if I were you , ring Shelter on Monday morning - they are amazing people & their first priority will be your home - not debts & that's the way it should be especially as you have your son & Mum as well.
    Each council runs the MRS scheme a little different but youneed to be formally recommended by shelter or one of the debt charities (I think)
    Also - your mortgage lender will need to show they have helped as much as they can and giving you the help they have available.

It's a very scary (& lonely ) place to be , but , you will come through it. What I do know is that the MRS scheme is a long process so if you feel it may be right for you - you need to contact shelter or someone ASAP to get the ball rolling. Worrying & making yourself ill will sap your strength & you are going to need that for your family :)

It's great to have you onboard - the people on here are amazing :T

Keep smiling , there is a wealth of help here & from debt charities so you really are not alone but , please make the phone call so you can get some help & advice.

Good luck & keep in touch.

Coco xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family