overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So the big Christmas food shop is done :T
    Went this morning and I have to say , it wasn't toooooo bad. But it did get me thinking - was looking at expiry dates on nibbles and it's a good six months or so , so next yr will pick up one thing each week in nov/Dec. Went £18 over budget which wasn't too bad - I can live with that :)

Need to dash into town tomorrow & get a few last bits & that's it. Wrapping will be done at about 7am on Christmas eve , then big clean through - cook the ham, prepare veg and then chill with boys watching A Christmas Carol with a glass of baileys (aka cheap Mr T Irish cream :) ).

Lots to do next week , lots of sorting out & organising - but it can wait till after boxing day. Then I need a list .... Am going to do the whole thing differently next year ..... I want my life to myself again :D

Couple glasses of Christmas vino tonight then bed decent time as lots to do tomorrow :) very late night last night & a bit too many vodkas :) but great night out with friends - got asked out twice .... But neither one was a day over 28 ..... Nice to get the offer though :D

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've been stocking up on xmas picky bits for the last couple of months - you really don't notice a couple of quid extra every week and before you know it there's a storecupboard full of goodies. Much harder to keep hands off it though...

The carparks in our supermarkets round here have been gridlocked the last couple of days and I have even heard stories of car-rage! Even A1di was packed today - someone was in my space! I think it's best to leave it till about 9pm and go then if it's possible.

I love getting myself sorted after xmas. I think it's when I'm at my most productive. Don't know why but this time of year has such a positive effect on me.
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • Coco114
    Options
    :T
    All shopping & wrapping done - all safely stashed away :)

So all I need to do is clean top to bottom , clean & prep turkey , cook ham, change beds , make dining room look pretty ..... And collapse in a heap :D

Going to really get myself sorted - actually looking forward to a bit of a life overhaul :) But it can all wait till 27th , two days of family time , board games , trashy tv , laughter , eating & a glass or two :beer:

Right , want to be finished and sat down by about 7.00 tonight so must get cracking !

Just wanted to say a very Merry Christmas to all of you :) you have got me through this far and it's all going in the right direction !

Lots of Christmas cheer...

Coco xxx
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Merry Christmas Coco and all on here.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Debt_Free_Guy
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your concerns/worries. The truth is that by sharing it you're already part of the way to dealing with debt issues. Part of the biggest difficulty is admitting that there is a problem. Many people have buried their heads in the sand as their debts mushroom. My suggestion is to try and set yourself a plan each money of how much you feel you can pay towards reducing your debt. Whilst the common sense approach may be to tackle high interest debt first, sometimes this is just not possible, especially if you owe a lot at a high interest rate. Sometimes the best thing to do is to start paying down smaller more acheiveable debts first and then use the money after these are paid off to tackle bigger debts. However you choose to do it - all the very very best and happy christmas - I hope it works out for you :)
    :jI Love Saving Money & My Passion Is Writing Money Saving Guides For Dummies (like me)
    :TMy motto: Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.
  • Coco114
    Options
    :j
    Hope everyone had a good Christmas ? Cannot believe it's done already.
    I feel groggy & lethargic (like most people I imagine!) Too much to eat and drink and not enough moving :)

Mine was nice enough - ex was here for 2 days, very polite & helpful, but , it just doesn't feel right any more. I can't explain it really - somehow it just felt wrong. I thought it would ok but it was just strange. I am not doing that again next year - he can have boys for Christmas next year or we can share it.
    He did nothing wrong - it was just odd ......

That aside - it's been nice to have a break from it all :) Have CAB appt early Jan to go through options but I think I know where it will go. In some ways to whole PPI thing hasn't done me any favours as I now have to sell and get a decent price - the option of handing in keys now would be madness ...... So please can everyone pray for an uptrend in the housing Market lol :)

So , today going to blitz through and start getting organised my housework / washing is out of control :D
    I can't hope to straighten my head unless I straighten my surroundings out first !! We have had the shortest day so things should start seeming better soon.
    Apart from milk last night ( I walked to local garage to get it - blinking freezing but felt good to be out !) I haven't spent a penny since Monday morning and car hasn't moved so still have petrol !

Need to look at money / bank later as well. But mainly - I need to smile a bit more :D I think secretly I was dreading Christmas - but it's done now so I can concentrate on sorting me out ......

2013 is going to be my year :T

Coco x
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Mine was nice enough - ex was here for 2 days, very polite & helpful, but , it just doesn't feel right any more. I can't explain it really - somehow it just felt wrong. I thought it would ok but it was just strange. I am not doing that again next year - he can have boys for Christmas next year or we can share it.
    He did nothing wrong - it was just odd ......
    Coco x

You have moved on. :cool:

It's the same with my ex, we're friends, we get along fine but there's no longer any spark or passion. I will always love her as the mother of our children but......... you're right, it's hard to explain.

What it means is that reality your head is straight, you know what you have to do and you will no longer be distracted. I'm sure that the new year will be better and that you'll get yourself sorted out.

If you doubt it simply go back and read your thread from the start.

Have a great New Year. :T
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Options
    As always Mr T - you are right :D
    I think even my boys felt it - eldest said "Christmas was nice Mum but it just felt a bit strange" ... Sums it up :)

Time for the next chapter !!

So today I WILL

Catch up on washing/drying (going to have to use TD for first time in ages !)
    Hoover through
    Clean bathroom
    Take recycling to Recycle Point
    Buy some "normal food"
    Start sorting wardrobe for youngest
    General tidy

For me today I WILL

Set new happy play list on iPod
    Read a chapter of my new book
    Have a bit of a pamper ("stuff" needs doing - girls you will understand !)
    Start sorting out my clothes & make up

That's me for now :D

Coco x
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Coco, Youre a star. Loving your diary, Im sure youre helping loads of folk feel motivated ! Hope 2013 is a better year for you . Happy New Year when it arrives ! x
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • Coco114
    Options
    Thanks Mara :) good to "see" you !

So today , have done masses of washing ..... & put it all away. Lots of sorting / throwing out. Few grocery bits - good tidy up. Read 2 chapters of my book and did my happy play list :).

Spent £4 on myself on one of those hand decorated sealed pots for my £2 coins .... Paid with a £10 note and got 3 x £2 coins in change - typical !!! They went straight in the pot. Also dug out my pretty notebook to start organising myself :)
    Got a £12 off Sainsb online shop voucher so will look at that at the weekend.

Whilst I didn't get all my to do list done - I have done quite well :T

Coco x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family