overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Aamberle
    Aamberle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Coco - Hope you had a restful nights sleep. Woohoo its Friday today so a lie in tomorrow.

Have a good day x
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    hi Coco - Happy New Year. I've seen a lot of very positive comments about the Sainsbos basics tea bags over on the Old Style Boards. I had a look in my one but they don't do it in decaf version. I may need to revert to drinking caffeine again just so as I can try it and buy tea at 29p!
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • LadyV2508
    LadyV2508 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Yes ive tried the tea bags also and they're not bad at all! Their basic range in general is very good, i get their gravy and add a little bit of onion and red wine to it - its yummy with some roasties :T
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh I might try some more of their basic stuff then ! Always worth a try to cut grocery spends down a bit :)
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • LadyV2508
    LadyV2508 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Yes try them, i honestly cant tell the difference! Ive had red/brown sauce, gravy, tea bags, cornflakes etc and they are SO cheap, makes you realise what an utter rip off the branded stuff can be!
  • Coco114
    Options
    I really will ! I have learnt there are a few things unbranded that my kids won't try .... But I have bought basics like rice , pasta etc and they haven't noticed so I will keep trying bits every week.

I used to think people were bonkers going to 2 or 3 supermarkets for different things but I am now beginning to see the sense of it :) it just goes back to me being more organised I guess ! A work in progress :D

Glad it's Friday , have checked bank , moved the pennies over and told boys it was a mash up from the freezer dinner or nothing !! Both quite happy with that. Better than having to make their own :) Feeling like I am coming down with and I couldn't be bothered to cook anything .... Neither of them even mentioned takeaway :T

MyCAB appt has been changed to two weeks time - that's ok
    Gives me chance to get a bit more organised before I go.

Time for a Friday night vino..... Medicinal purposes of course :D

Coco x
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »
    I used to think people were bonkers going to 2 or 3 supermarkets for different things but I am now beginning to see the sense of it :) it just goes back to me being more organised I guess ! A work in progress :D

And that's the whole supermarket ethos.

They lure you in with advertising for cheap this or that knowing that once you're through the door most people will do the rest of their shop and what they give with one hand they take away with the other.

The last thing they want is a thinking consumer who buys their bargains then goes somewhere else for their bargains.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Options
    Exactly ... Nice to "see" you Mr T :D

Coco x
  • Aamberle
    Aamberle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Coco- Have you got anything nice planned for the weekend? X
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • asparagus1968
    Options
    Hi coco,
    that song popped into my head today "i'm doing fine nowowow..." thought of you,maybe a new title?
    hope you are having a good weekend.
    asparagus
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family