overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Your today sounds like my yesterday. I did masses of washing and there is only 2 of us! i don't mind doing it all though - it makes me feel efficient :p and I have just finished ironing it all.

You have reminded me that I need to start up my £2 pot again - also going to do one for the coppers too (of which I have PLENTY).

Good work Coco :T
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally a lazy Sunday :T
    As always , I woke at 6.15 on the dot ... But I picked up my book , read a little and fell asleep again until 9.15 :)

Am now sat in pjs with a cup of tea. Kitchen is a mess !! I cooked and cleaned up before I went out last night but it seems the Christmas elves decided to make a midnight snack of omlettes and sandwiches ... What a mess !!! Ah well it will keep for an hour or so :)

More change in sealed pot and another £2 coin. The one thing I will do today (apart from change beds ...) is CLEAR OUT KITCHEN FOOD CUPBOARDS !! Have loads of pasta , spices etc and I need to see what I have !

Also washing machine leaked all over floor yesterday ... I am not going to panic - will have a look at it later and see what's going on - keep your fingers crossed because if it breaks - I will be in trouble !! But in the new me style , I am not going to worry about it :D

Time for more tea and toast :)

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Coco ! Youre brave getting into the kitchen cupboards .. I just did my fridge and the "slightly off" leftovers have gone to the bin ! Even the cats turned up their noses ! Not a lot left apart from cheese (TWO cheese hamper gifts for Christmas - lovely! ) I know that we could easily live for a month or more off whats in the cupboards, but the trips to Mr T for milk & fresh veg inevitably turn into much bigger shopping trips ! My one resolution is to menu plan better next year, and stick to shopping lists, despite how much of a bargain something extra seems !
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • Coco114
    Options
    Hi Mara :)

I have a list , a huuuuugggeeee list of things to do , some little , some big. Cupboards are a little job and badly need doing ! I have stuff on the worktop because there is no room because cupboards are full of rubbish !

Grocery budget is the only area we still massively overspend on. Youngest eats anything bless him (we just had mushrooms on toast for lunch .... Yummy :) ) eldest very fussy so it's going to take some working on but I will get there !

I have yet to tackle the fridge :eek:

I have set a new years eve/ day budget of £23 (which I have in my purse :) ) So a bottle of cava & some board games tomorrow night - I hate new years eve and a roast chicken for new years dinner. Have loads of chocs & treats left and cheese and biscuits and I am now off to rifle through the cupboards & see what else we have :D
  • Coco114
    Options
    2 cupboards done :j

Also now have £10 in £2 jar , £6.50 in silver jar and £2.06 in copper jar...... It's going well so far :D
  • laineygirl
    Options
    Hiya Coco
    have been reading daily and am amazed at the difference in you from when you first started the journey.From the overwhelmed starter to the confident lady whose going to tackled everything thrown at her even taking on the leaky washing machine, what a change.
    I smiled when I read about your husband being there for Christmas and how strange it was, even for the boys. I felt the same when my husband joined me for Christmas one year.
    Big mistake for him, being here, but the kids didn't want him to be alone.He'd moaned about it to them for long enough that I gave in when I saw my refusal was making me into the villain. He contributed nothing except critism whilst he was here and expected to be waited on and for us all to fetch and carry, do what he wanted to do, watch what he wanted on TV and play the games he wanted, just like old times. He was a little put out when he didn't get his way, said it wasn't like it use to be...
    It backfired big time on him.His Saint like persona, my children had given him, finally slipped and faded and like me they were glad to see the back of him. My eldest actually asked him how much longer was he stopping for....He even made up a fictitious outing we were going on, which needed tickets, (sold out) so that when my husband suggested we spent New Year together we had a get out clause.
    Time well spent. They finally saw him through my eyes. Visits with presents are all well and good and telling the children sweetly that I was tired, that was why I was irritable (did the man not realise I had taken on all the everyday things financial and otherwise that he had so freely discarded and I was just plain tired of trying to do it all) but 2 whole days watching him slip into his old self paid dividends for me.
    Like you Coco Its been and still is quite a journey. I met a lovely man who took on me and mine, including the debts. Then he was made redundant so we had to go back to the drawing board. We re-did the budgets and we're all slowly getting back onto firmer ground. Its a slog but it can be done, we're marching along slowly but nicely and appreciate what we have and don't bother about what we cant or don't have. There is a new and better Life out there just believe.......
    Here's hoping that 2013 is your year. I wish you and yours all the very best for the future and that all your hopes and dreams become realities.
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »

Also washing machine leaked all over floor yesterday ... I am not going to panic - will have a look at it later and see what's going on - keep your fingers crossed because if it breaks - I will be in trouble !! But in the new me style , I am not going to worry about it :D

Same here, except it's my boiler that's mucking me about. I am being uncharacteristically calm about it though :rotfl:
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • Coco114
    Options
    Morning All

I just typed a long post and somehow managed to lose it !!!! Grr !!!

Laineygirl thank you so much for your lovely post ..... Christmas was indeed "strange" but I know it will all sort itself out eventually :) Its just pointless trying to keep things normal, as this isnt normal any more if that makes sense ?

A DCA has just called me - but on a local area code so I picked it up .... very crafty ! But, 2013 is my year to sort things out I suppose so I may as well start now :) Just a little miffed that they called @ 8.30 am.... never mind. I told him I would be in contact once I have seen CAB.

First job on Wednesday (or I may do it tomorrow) is checking out my latest Credit report and see whats what - that will give me something to look forward to :rotfl:

On a lighter note - I did very well yesterday - cleaned through, cleared cupboards, sorted wardrobe, have a small pile to ebay, added more to my small and big To Do Lists and also started a To Save For list. Some small things (new saucepans) some big things (house stuff that needs doing) but at least I have some aims then ? I need to tackle the leaky washing machine today - hoping its just a blocked filter.........

Not looking forward to tonight - I hate New Years Eve, and New Years Day is the worst day ever !! So am going to treat it like a normal weekend - today being Saturday of course :D

Right, I need to get showered and get on with it I suppose. Its pouring with rain here today which is typical as I need to get out and about and do some stuff.

Hope everyone has a good day and enjoy the New Years festivities :)

Coco x
  • Aamberle
    Options
    Morning Coco - Just wanted to say well done for all you have achieved this year. I know you have found it tough at times, but your positive attitude and sheer determination has meant you have got there! You are a true inspiration to many that read your diary.
    Wishing you all the best for 2013 . Xx
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • Coco114
    Options
    Thanks Aamberle :) Your support is very , very welcome xx

I think I just fixed my washing machine :j Go me !!!! There was a £2 lodged in the filter (that went straight in my pot !!) Second load in and so far so good .... Fingers crossed :)

Also, bank checked & all ok. Tight but ok.... Can now start using my separate accounts. Never mind, only 3 and 1/2 weeks till pay day lol x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure