overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello & welcome Jade :) glad I am helping someone although I am not doing so well myself at the moment it has to be said ..... My focus is a little off at the moment so I need an MSE kick up the backside :D

Nice to see you Iamdebtfree .... Very jealous you were still in bed with a cuppa at 10.00 though ! Hope you are well ?

So I don't need to count this morning as already up so ....... 5 MORE EARLY GET UPS !!!!!! :T:j:beer:
    Slightly excited by that as you can maybe tell ??!!

Fairly quiet week , no real spends and nothing planned this weekend except snoozing :D
    Obviously that's once I have done bank , stuff , housework , grocery shop , football , Christmas shop , seeing my friend and everything else !

Need to open another current account and sort money stuff a bit. Got paid today but this needs to last till end of Jan so will have to be very careful indeed. In previous years , we would have spent it all by 5th Jan and lived off credit until end of Jan without a seconds thought but not this year ....
    Firstly because I don't have the credit available and secondly .... I just don't want to :T
    If I haven't got it - we just can't have it , simple as that :money:
    And , I am not madly rushing around doing Christmas spending - I have a list and I am sticking to it :D

Right, on with the day - have a good one all !

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Coco114
    Options
    Morning All ..... It's Friday :j

A wet & windy one here ... Yuk ! Bring back the frost IMO :)

Woke up @ 5.15 this morning - wide awake !!! So got up early , am showered dressed & ready to go already - we don't leave till 8.30 though so I thought I would pop on here :D have had a tidy round and put some washing on and now for a cuppa.

Checked bank , all is well. Am going to open another current account
    today , think the only way for me is to have a completely separate spending / food account and leave the bill money well alone - it's no good having it all in together. I was doing this months ago , but today I will :)
    Also found a 5p off litre petrol voucher so I am going to fill up car this morning. I normally just put £25 in on a Friday but will take advantage of the saving today. Only a week left at work so £60 should see me well into January.

4 MORE EARLY GET UPS !!!!!! :D

I hope my burst of energy lasts all day ?! Didn't get back from work till nearly ten last night and I was shattered but I feel fine today ... Strange !

Right - on with the day , hope it's a good one for all :)

Coco x

Just thought , must make lunch to take in today. It's mental busy & very short staffed so no chance of getting out at lunchtime!! It would be a NSD but I have no Friday night vino ..... Or toilet roll .... Must not forget toilet roll :rotfl:
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oo, come and tidy up here before you have to leave, I need all the help I can get. I'll give you a toilet roll in return ;-)

Have a good day. Hope you made yourself some lunch.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »

Checked bank , all is well. Am going to open another current account
    today , think the only way for me is to have a completely separate spending / food account and leave the bill money well alone - it's no good having it all in together. I was doing this months ago , but today I will :)

Ah good you're doing this. I just replied to your comment about this on Pixie's diary. You will wonder why you never did it before - I know because I did!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • Coco114
    Options
    Hey Satch :) I ran out of energy ..... And forgot the toilet roll :D

Have been sorting out bank acct pots this morning - badly needed doing ! When I did my weekly shop last week I spent £115 !!!! Now this did include my turkey (size of a small horse !) and a big ham but even so .... Just proves yet again that I cannot be trusted to manage things properly when everything is in one acct :o
    This is the only way forward.

Have a home and NSD planned today. I bunged .all going over veg , remains of chicken carcass in the slow cooker this morning so that can be lunch. Dinner will be Mexican wraps etc. All stuff I have in.

Must Do Some Housework but won't beat myself up too much on this .... Worst case I will blitz on Friday as no work :D

I still have done no Christmas Shopping but no too concerned about this , if it gets done it does , if not .... Well stockings & cash for boys :)

Right , must get out of pjs :)

Coco x
  • Georges_Mum
    Options
    :TCoco, just spent the whole afternoon reading your story - you are a very brave and clever lady. I wish you all the best for 2013!! and that all your dreams will come through.

Georges Mum xx
    Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm...As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.;)
  • Coco114
    Options
    Ah thanks Georges Mum :) nice to see you !

Not entirely sure in the clever bit though :D

NSD , lazy day but managed to drag the Hoover around and do some washing but that was about it ! Four days to get through, out Friday & Saturday night this week :) but that only leaves Sunday ..... To do everything .... Yikes ! But , hey it's only one day so I ain't going to stress too much !

So off yo read some diaries then bed for me !

Coco x
  • catriona79
    Options
    Coco - I , too, wanted to say - what an amazingly inspirational diary!
    Truly heart-warming!

I will be back!! :)

(and maybe will set up a new bank acc for spending too! Just not sure which bank? I guess it needs to be one with easy internet access, so that I can check I don't go over.. And some sort of o/d facility just in case? )
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • Coco114
    Options
    Hi Catriona :j
    Welcome to the mad house :D

2 MORE EARLY GET UPS !!!!!!! :T

Running out of steam now but nearly there ! Have finally picked up 4 or 5 stocking bits so at least I have a start ! I have never been so disorganised before - I can only put it down to the end of a looooooonnngggggg year & I just don't have the energy :)

So for next year , I have joined sealed pot challenge to do the stocking bits next year. When my loan at work finishes they are going to keep taking the payments as a saving scheme, and I am going to leave my Mr T , Mr S , Boots & superdrug vouchers & points for next Christmas.... I can't cope with all this last minute panic and trying to scrape extra ££ together :D

So I am going to blitz my finances over Christmas and see exactly where I am. I still really want to move next year but that will involve decorating & scraping solicitor fees etc together. I am worried that if I tie myself into a DMP I am never going to get out of here so I need to give this some serious thought. CAB can't get me in for appt in person till mid Jan but they did offer me a telephone appt for first week Jan so I will do that.

Right , dishes & some washing then 'Stenders :)

Coco x
  • sistafromanothermista
    Options
    Hi Coco, great idea about the sealed pot challenge. I haven't even finished my Christmas shopping yet!
    Eastenders was good, evil Derek lol
    Good luck on blitzing those debts! Wish I could!! Xx
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback