🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

April 2013 weddings

Options

Comments

• butterfly2001
    Options
    it looks lovely :)
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

• jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey a week with no posts on our thread! Everyone must be getting ready for Christmas :rotfl:.

Not much wedding related stuff to report from me really, I am hoping to have a meeting with my venue dresser this week as she said she would print up my inserts and evening invites. I would really like to get the day ones out over Xmas as that's when we will see most people.

I picked up two small white bird cages for our top table yesterday and will be picking up my love heart sweets the weekend before Xmas. Have kinda decided just to forget about wedding bits until the new year now as I won't have much time to sort anything else. I think I have a meeting with the registry office in Jan to pick up our choices pack and I know I have to pay honeymoon off too :(. Although on the plus side we did book a week in Egypt in June so I have something to look forward to when I get back :rotfl:

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • butterfly2001
    Options
    Been quiet for me as I'm making my invites at the moment ready to give out personally over the festive period.

2br803.jpg
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

• daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    Still not feeling at all weddingy here I'm afraid!

The only thing we have done recently is pick up our rings at the weekend. We were going to leave them in the shop until the last minute but then we decided to bring them home....we have a very heavy duty safe so they will be secure here and it's nice to have them. They are beautiful and mine fits perfectly with my engagement ring.

We have sent out invitations and I am just getting annoyed at lack of RSVPs. I am over the whole thing and wishing we were just eloping!

I'm sure I'll get my wedding mojo back in the new year...

Butterfly, gorgeous invitation :)
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    daisiegg wrote: »
    Just thought I'd post a quick pic of our invites, which we finally finished and sent out over the last two weeks.

I have still not got my wedding mojo back though!

0db272a850adb72816d176868285ac35.jpg

Absolutely lovely. Hate to break it to you, but you've made them upside down, so you'll have to do them all again ...
  • daisiegg
    Options
    gwapenut wrote: »
    Absolutely lovely. Hate to break it to you, but you've made them upside down, so you'll have to do them all again ...

Argh people keep telling me my photos are upside down but on my ipad they were the right way up....now I have come to have a look on a PC and I can see what everyone means! So strange that they look normal on my ipad!
  • laurabllue
    Options
    The photo looks fine on my iphone...!

I still haven't done my invites...I really need a kick on the wedding front but work is SO busy (I've only just got home) so I feel like I have no time to do anything :(
  • daisiegg
    Options
    laurabllue wrote: »
    The photo looks fine on my iphone...!

I still haven't done my invites...I really need a kick on the wedding front but work is SO busy (I've only just got home) so I feel like I have no time to do anything :(

Must be a weird apple thing!

I know what you mean, wedding stuff is just at the bottom of the list for me at the moment. Are you going to the tasting on the 23rd Jan? The new coordinator lady has been emailing me about it. She sounds incredibly....perky...
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys updates from me (March thread is still far too quite :()

- OH finally got his suit and is arranging hire ones to match
    - RSVPs are coming in :)
    - Tried my dress on on Saturday, fitting booked for Jan

All coming together !!
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • caz2003uk
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm moving over from the June 2013 thread to this one!

Due to our venue cancelling as I'm sure most of you have seen in my other thread, we have found a new one and it meant having to move our wedding so we have jumped 2 months and will now be marrying 26th April!

When are you sending invites? I have to get new invites printed as obviously the original ones have the wrong details on! :(

I've contacted the dress shop, suit shop, my friends mum has ordered the car so she knows about the change just hope they can change the date as she has put a deposit down, I'm waiting to hear back from our cake lady at the moment! I hope I've remembered to contact everyone concerned!
    :jEngaged 25/12/11 :j
    :smileyheaMarried the man of her dreams and became Mrs M on 26th April 2013 :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport