Talex Lite Speed Cam Detector £59.99 in Aldi - Hurry!!

Options

Comments

• sco0ter
    sco0ter Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    Novus delta Photo is now up on the NOVUS site...Its the Talex/Talex Lite so thats what updates will work
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I installed the free novus update for the talex lite when they originally emailed and got database 7113.

My talex software has started working again, I just updated with database 8014 with the orginal talex lite registartion software.
  • Kremmen_2
    Options
    Thanks (again) for the info - mines updated as well :j

Just as an aside - we are now up to 8014 from 7113 what happens at 9999?
  • nomadic_saver
    Options
    Thanks TelexUser, I've just updated my Talex via the Talex Update Utility software ..... or at least it appeared to do so. How do you know what number update you have? I've never seen any reference to this during the process. Do we know that we really have the latest update?
  • talexuser
    Options
    Thanks TelexUser, How do you know what number update you have?

just unplug after finished, wait a couple of seconds, switch away from download to cam or normal and plug back in the usb to power up. The number that first comes up is the database ;) . Then just unplug again.
  • talexuser
    Options
    Kremmen wrote: »
    Just as an aside - we are now up to 8014 from 7113 what happens at 9999?

I wondered exactly the same thing... it presumably starts at 0000 or 0001 again? after all it will be years before 4 digits come round again :D .

no, someone on another forum has a much better theory, 7113 is 7=2007 11=novenber, 3= third week or 3rd update in november, so 8014 is fourth week in january 2008, so it will never run out, and presumably only go to 1st digit 0 in 2010, by which time the hardware will be completely out of date anyway ;)
  • nomadic_saver
    Options
    Thanks, talexuser. I've checked and my database number is 7113. Did you update using the Update Utility off the CD? If you did I wonder why you have 8014?
  • talexuser
    Options
    Thanks, talexuser. I've checked and my database number is 7113. Did you update using the Update Utility off the CD? If you did I wonder why you have 8014?

yes, my old talex software, which is still available on the old site, either as the cd version or separate programs for the usb driver and update software.

Mine is a talex lite which now has a 8014. Apparently the talex update is still on 7113 so I would expect that will get updated soon if the lite has been changed.
  • fubar_2
    fubar_2 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Copy of email I sent novusgps and their reply.

Thanks for your e-mail
    I have answered your questions below, I hope this helps you.

I’m not new to gps based camera warning systems, and although your site is new and probably still in the planning stages I would like to suggest that you seriously consider offering a user forum, this helps build a community for your products (if there is a community then others will join and buy your products), and maybe where novusgps can answer any technical/pre-sales questions and it would also give the opportunity for users to help contribute to the future databases by posting sites that are not highlighted or in error with a current database (novusgps to confirm locations before adding to database).

I agree with your comments. We are in the process of getting our website re-written and should have the site up and running within 6 weeks. Your suggestion of a forum area will be considered.

I purchased my rider from Aldi and to be quite honest I nearly returned it after I visited your website, there is a real lack of information for the products you are selling in fact the site puts itself across as a possible scam operation purely because of the lack of information, if you think a small faq section is going to entice new buyers to your products then I think you are in-line for disappointment.

The content on the new site will be very informative and will give more detail besides and expanded FAQ area. We are a professional company and will be offering further products including wireless handsfree, navigation and Tracking products.

Aldi state (and the box does) the rider comes with 3years warranty yet your manual says only 2 years which is correct?

The standard warranty for GPS Rider is 3 years from ALDI.

What’s the difference between the rider and the delta (other than flashing LED’s and £20) and the name change from Talex lite. Just a suggestion maybe add a table to the website comparing the three units and what is included with them.

The Rider and Delta are produced by NOVUS Systems. The TALEX Lite was produced by Embedded Technology who went into administration. The Delta and Lite are identical and produced by the same manufacturing plant in Korea. I agree with your suggestion of a comparison table. The key difference is that Rider has a self contained battery which in power saving mode can last for between 7 and 8 hours. This means that the product can operate without wires in the vehicle.

The circuit boards for the Rider and Delta are different and therefore the update utility’s for both are different. It is important that Delta customers use the Delta update and Rider customers use the Rider update. Also another key difference between Delta and the old TALEX Lite is that we offer free lifetime subscription. As it is manufactured by the same factory customers will become aware that if they are an existing TALEX Lite customer will be able to update their speed camera detectors for free if they use the NOVUS Delta site.

Where can people buy these from other than Aldi, (I’m getting sick and tired of loaning mine out for trial), how accurate is your statement regarding speed detected by the GPS as quite a few people who have used my unit have expressed concern between their speedo and the units speed indications.

ALDI is the only place where customers can purchase the GPS Rider. The reason for the difference between the true driving speed and speedo indications is that speedo manufacturer over calibrate the speedo by 5 – 10%. In addition customers will see a delay in the information they receive as the GPS satellites are 12,000 miles above the earth and from the laws of physics will take about 2 seconds to arrive on earth. Hence the latency between what is displayed on the LED display and your actual driving speed.

I have also asked if it was possible for someone from Novusgps to come on this site and contribute towards this thread, the above email is copied here with Novusgps concent.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • allanwilson
    Options
    I plug my rider in & do an update from the novus site it says update complete.Then when i do the test to find the number of the update it comes up with 6099.Not 7113 or 8014 am i doing something wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure