Talex Lite Speed Cam Detector £59.99 in Aldi - Hurry!!

Options

Comments

• sco0ter
    sco0ter Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    Update program is now downloadable from www.novusGPS.com

Software still wont update as it seems the files have still to be uploaded.. Should be around 3PM
  • blisteringblue
    Options
    ScoOter I phoned them and they said the updates will be up and running tomorrow.

Well there is a riderupdate.exe file on the Novusgps website today !! Anybody want to try and use it?

I'm a talex lite user and would be interested if it works on the talex? I'm not brave enough to try it yet as my talex is reasonably up to date still
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So there's updates, but we'll have to wait for those who use it to see if speed cameras that weren't in it before are now etc.
  • sco0ter
    Options
    Didnt everybody take them back because they were scared...

Tried it with my TALEX but it comes up unable to download flash software so not fully working yet...
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sco0ter wrote: »
    Didnt everybody take them back because they were scared...

Updates available does not equal quality updates unfortunately.
  • sco0ter
    Options
    anewman wrote: »
    Updates available does not equal quality updates unfortunately.

Unfortunately this applies to all products including the vastly overpriced ROADANGEL that has the worst database in existence yet they seem to do OK for themselves...

Its just a pitty that nobody seemed to want to give them a chance... If they come good then a lot of people have just thrown away a bargain.... So far everything they have told me over the phone has happened so I have no reason to doubt them and if it continues they will have a database to rival if not beat TALEX...
  • allanwilson
    Options
    I have just purchased a novus rider.The question is when i want to do an update i know that i have one of the switches set to the dl.But what do i have the other one set at.It says in the handbook dont have the switch set to the on position when the usb is plugged into the computer.So can you tell me what position i have it in?.Is it btion.If not what is btion for.Also can you tell me when the site will be up and running so i can do a download
  • allanwilson
    Options
    I have just had a email to my question from novus.Here is the answer that i got.
    Hi Edward
    Thank you for your email.
    When updating your GPS rider the unit will need to be switched to the on position.
    The GPS rider originally had the capability to have Bluetooth which is what the B/T on button stands for however the device is not fitted with any Bluetooth technology as a cost cutting measure so this button is now redundant.The Updates for the GPS rider are now up and running from our website www.novusgps.com if you have any problems doing the update please do not hesitate to contact us again. Kind Regards

Edward Tong
  • MrTiger
    Options
    Now this forum has made very very interesting reading.

Many people have approached me recently regarding various posts on this forum, more so regarding the poster "safeandsecure" ,

Firstly, i am not "safeandsecure"

But i am an :j"ex talex employee" :j who left the company shortly after the dispute begain. And why did i leave, the answer to that was simple, i did not like what had happened, did not agree with any of it and knew it would only be a matter of time before the "chocolate teapot syndrome happened"

Now "safeandsecure" has provided information to the forum and this is:T very informative:T, now the reason i am posting this is because as i said before hand, many people have believed i am "safeandsecure" and the reason people have asked me if i am safe and secure is because of the knowledge "safeandsecure" has about the situation, ie i am pretty clued up on whats been going on ;-) (question that goes round in my head is who is this fantastic person who has been providing many people with this information that will help them to keep their pennys in their pocket??) (i have a few idea's)

anyway, from working for talex for a long time, and leaving when i did and knowing what i do, :confused:where would i spend my hard earned cash??:confused:

Well i wouldnt not be spending a penny with NOVUS ,

and why would i not purchase anything form Novus?
    *website up and down like a yoyo
    *products are TALEX products (yes they are, i had them all on my desk when i worked for them, i had them in my car and played with them and the lovely singing and dancing TALEX ELITE, yes i say TALEX ELIT, o wait a second, that was what novus were selling it as , but have now changed it to a very lame names "NOVUS ALPHA" when this first arrived in the office, and i played with it, was given strict instructions not to break it! so how is this a novus product? no idea, totaly baffles me though.
    *oo and the updates? novus emailing all the talex customers providing a free update facility? oo and then now they want to chare for subscriptions on some products?

erm biiiiiggggggg thing that rolls over and over in my brain is to be selling updates for a database, would require that new data is collected for the database.

Now i am not saying that novus are not providing new data for their updates , i have no information on what or how they will collect it. . . so couldnt possibly comment on it,

I would on the other hand happily purchase any products from talex, and why is this? well i have no doubts in their operational capabilities! Also Talex had a reputation for having the best database around!, and i would be bloody surprised if it wasnt long before this database kicks !!!! again!

The reason talex database as soo accurate was becuase of the team of ex traffic police employeed to survey the locations, yep Talex had a dedicated survey team to collect new locations, update speed limits on old locations, remove obsolete locations etc. Now the real shame about everything that happened was the survey team that were all working for talex when i was working there, all had left the company before Novus started trading to the public, which means that NOVUS are not using any of the Talex survey team, sooo if they are using a survey team to collect data, then they would have employeed new people.

Good on ya Talex, erm and Novus? "scratches head and wonders if they will still be trading in 6-12 month time"

but enough about novus,

I am actualy looking forward to buying my new Talex elite with a good database on it (it really is a nifty piece of kit) (must admit the idea of having to pay for a speed camera detector now is a little strange after having them free for so long)

People, make your own mind up, this is a forum, there is lots of information, lots of opinions, some information on here is very valid.

All the best

Tiger :cool:
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    actually if all the ex-policemen were not paid and left the original talex company as reported earlier in this thread, then the NEW talex does not have an update team in place to give the old award winning database either, so see no logic in your assertions. I see no reason to assume that the new talex is going to give us a good database until we have evidence of it, and am not convinced by your post. Judging from the tenor of the emails I have recieved from the new talex I am not al all convinced they are a serious company and come across as some small time operator more used to puff advertsing in the small ads of local newspapers.

It remains to be seen who has the better database novus or the new talex, and that can only be proved on forums by lots of INDEPENDANT people trying the updates and comparing with new changes in their area. The rest is just hot air.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure