Talex Lite Speed Cam Detector £59.99 in Aldi - Hurry!!

Options

Comments

• sco0ter
    sco0ter Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    This thread is starting to become a slamming ground for NOVUS... First of safeandsecure made many good points and has supplied good information but some of his advice has been off. We were told NOVUS would not have the updates up and running and indeed had no license for the NOVUS range as it is in fact TALEX. That is why I have really stopped arguing the points as I have been told by both TALEX and NOVUS that all updates for the TALEX will be up and running by the 23rd of January. Novus have also told me that thier database will have nothing to do with TALEX and will be all there own work being taken from various sources. As talex could not give me info of this then we will have to wait.

As another point... An ex employee of TALEX started there own business also selling GPS Saftey camera detectors that were extemely similar to the ELITE but only a blue screen version (no colour) he also claimed to be an investor in a mapping company that surveyed and knew where all the speed cams were (funnily enough yet another TALEX director is involved in such a company but dont know if they are linked) He also said he used internet info on all radar/mobile speed cams that legally have to be published 7 days in advanced (so anybody can use this info). after selling the GPS device (its on V2 now and he is still selling it as he has a counter on his website and he has sold 461 as of the 14th january.) He has now went from claiming that the GPS device is the best on the market to saying they are crap and he is reccomending his LASER/RADAR detector instead. Why the turnaround???

Its funny as well but it seems that this person also now has went back to TALEX. This is info I have recently come across and would explain why all the NOVUS bashing as he would want to keep the customer base that TALEX built up instead of loosing it to NOVUS... But I dont know if I could trust someone who has sold a product to people and then turns round and ditches it and reccomends another of his products slating the GPS one.

Now to me all the Ex Employees and directors that are floating about and as there seems to be the fact that all of them have went on to have interests in other GPS companies or Speed cam detectors it just makes this thread more of a farce because there is no doubt that someone on here most definately is trying to put the boot into NOVUS and destroy them before the company gets running. When the company info for NOVUS becomes available it will be interesting to see whos name its under as I suspect it might be the "Other" director from talex..
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    right i'm trying to download the up-dates and i just keep getting

error 16 target communication failure.

right do i keep this for hubby or do i take it back.

I've read the above stuff and can't make head not tale of it

can someone put it in english please.

as i only have to next sat to get my money back

thanks
  • ellensmith2003
    Options
    Tiger, how funny you have come out of the wood work! According to the Talex web site there is no mention of a Talex Elite or in fact any Talex products! So how are you going to buy a Talex Elite?! Novus are the ones whose web site is up and running and has details of products for sale and there download for the Novus Rider is working. They answer the phone and e-mails, unlike Talex who never bother to answer the phone or reply to my e-mails
  • Saint_Chris
    Options
    how do you get yours to download i can't get mine to work

thanks
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sco0ter wrote: »
    That is why I have really stopped arguing the points as I have been told by both TALEX and NOVUS that all updates for the TALEX will be up and running by the 23rd of January

that agrees with what novus told me on the phone the other day, that a delta update will be available in around 2 weeks, with more up to date info than database 7113, and it will work on the talex lite.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    how do you get yours to download i can't get mine to work

thanks

I downloaded the gps rider update only to find it was no good for the talex lite (I'm theorising it works for the talex). I just clicked the rider button, a new window opens with either usb driver of rider button again, click again and windows explorer gives the "do you want to download this file" dialog and click yes, it worked.
  • Saint_Chris
    Options
    not worked for me thanks
  • kevrex
    kevrex Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not worked for me thanks
    Beware!! it appeared to work for me (talex Lite) said update was successful but my talex is now a brick (my fault i should have waited)
    It is better to contemplate writing a malicious comment that can make you appear stupid, than to write and confirm it.
  • sco0ter
    sco0ter Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    kevrex wrote: »
    Beware!! it appeared to work for me (talex Lite) said update was successful but my talex is now a brick (my fault i should have waited)

No its not... It will flash back so dont worry... just wait for the talex lite update to come out...
  • sandancer1_2
    Options
    I had the same update error when updating my Novus Rider. Download the update, then unplug router, switch off the firewall and update works fine after that. Firewall is the problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure