Good and bad buys from Aldi and Lidl

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tetley blend of both (pink bags) for 80 bags down to 59p. These are really nice and I'll miss them when they're sold out. I will be filling my trolley tomorrow with whatever they have left. Best before date is Jan 2016.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Tinned mackerel appears to have disappeared again, at least it has for me!

There was plenty on the shelves in our branch this morning so, hopefully, it will appear again for you shortly! Stocked up on a few tins in case it disappears again!

It was stock cubes that had disappeared here! Just a few beef ones left and no chicken or vegetable!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Both Lidl's and Aldi stollen is really nice, the bites are more handy - especially if I go to my parents as they hate Stollen, so a giant bit of it is no good.
    Sorry I agree its delish but don't follow the logic. All the more for you? :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »

I have this dilemma. If I buy Stollen early for Christmas and then, although we have the best of intentions, it gets eaten I have to start all over again. So far we've had Lidl large Stollen and a pack of Aldi bites to 'sample'.:o And it's not even November yet!
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »

Bl***Y stollen bites are devil's food.
    I am trying to lose five kilos not put five kilos on!!!!!!
    I don't eat sweets or biscuits or even cake - generally - but stollen bites have hooked me and reeled me in:mad:
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,183 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My grandmother used to make a version of stollen all year round - that's my excuse for buying them in October, and I'm sticking to it. :)
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2014 at 1:39AM
    Options
    andygb wrote: »
    Bl***Y stollen bites are devil's food.
    I am trying to lose five kilos not put five kilos on!!!!!!
    I don't eat sweets or biscuits or even cake - generally - but stollen bites have hooked me and reeled me in:mad:

Luckly, I have a an eversion to stollen cake.

I hate with vengeance Marzipan paste.:rotfl:

(before anybody says 'you don't know what you are missing', I did try it once. That's why I hate stollen cake.)
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have the dilemma of do you buy early for Christmas & test willpower or do you simply not buy, & risk the product selling out, as well. I may put the goodies in a suitcase in my wardrobe. I always did that with the kids' Christmas presents. Some years ago my son confessed that they knew this... It did explain the slight lack of an expected reaction that I often got! ��
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have a lot of dilemmas :D
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have the dilemma of do you buy early for Christmas & test willpower or do you simply not buy, & risk the product selling out, as well. I may put the goodies in a suitcase in my wardrobe. I always did that with the kids' Christmas presents. Some years ago my son confessed that they knew this... It did explain the slight lack of an expected reaction that I often go

Same here, lol. At the moment it's advent calendar fillings clogging up my wardrobe as mum's away and she sent them early!
    My motto is no Christmas stuff in the house before Halloween and then I'll try to make things first, bake cookies ,etc. Stollen had sold out in both Lidl and Aldi when I was done in some years ;). This year I'll make proper Lebkuchen (spiced buscuits), last year I had a go at Stollen which wasn't too bad.
    Back to the products - I really don't like Lidl's frozen puff pastry, it has palm oil in it and so do a lot of their other frozen or chilled pastry products. Either that or hydrogenated fats. It's reading the labels each and every time....I'd rather pay a few pennies more for all butter puff!
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure