Good and bad buys from Aldi and Lidl

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the comments about the Aldi's versions of SoCo and Malibu. Looks like I use mySupermarket app to find the best buy of the branded stuff
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happygreen wrote: »
    I go into M's once a fortnight to check on their meat and fish offers as it's very good quality. It will be interesting to see how the price match is going to work.

Here's how the price match will work:

lidl-sun-advert.jpg
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    I spotted the lidl advert in the paper and found it really amusing and oh so true.

Worth taking the time to read all of it.

Excellent advert :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,547 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We visited a new larger Aldi today which is about 50% larger than our local one. A much wider range of products and the offers are on shelving, rather than the wire bins.

With an almost full trolley we were expecting a three figure bill. It was nowhere near.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,607 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    daveyjp wrote: »
    We visited a new larger Aldi today which is about 50% larger than our local one. A much wider range of products and the offers are on shelving, rather than the wire bins.

With an almost full trolley we were expecting a three figure bill. It was nowhere near.

Aldi are working their way round smartening up their stores so it'll probably come to your local one sooner or later.
    I spotted the lidl advert in the paper and found it really amusing and oh so true.

Worth taking the time to read all of it.

Excellent advert :D

I love it!! Yesterday both Aldi and Lidl were advertising in yesterday's Times. I'm delighted that the snobbery is being taken out of food shopping and the big four are having to stop treating us like mugs.:D
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    I treat my DH to an Aldi product I haven't noticed before. From the chiller - a Half rack of ribs with a Bourbon glaze. Not cheap at £2.49 for a single serving but he savoured every last mouthful and declared it one of the tastiest meals he's had in a long time!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Here's how the price match will work:

lidl-sun-advert.jpg

Thanks for this, Doc N, you made me :rotfl:, a good start of the day
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • UnderPressure
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    the big four are having to stop treating us like mugs.:D

So so true I have been saying this for years now.
    Happygreen wrote: »
    I go into M's once a fortnight to check on their meat and fish offers as it's very good quality.

Really? Good Quality? mmmmm I don't think so at least not in any of my local Morrisons stores, any meat I buy from there arrives in a sweaty vac pack and is then cut up by one of the government slave apprentices and palmed off as being lovingly selected and cut by a professional butcher! And the fish, wow don't get me started, fresh fish should not have a fishy smell yet every time I go into any Morrisons as soon as you walk in the front door as all you can smell is rotting fish! If that is your idea of quality then.................
    "You can measure a man's character by the choices he makes under pressure"
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • littlemissbossy
    Options
    I thought I'd try my hubby on the Aldi beer but not being a beer drinker myself could anyone tell me what I should be buying.

His preferences are John Smiths, Corona and Wychwood.

Any help would be great.
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Love Aldi's strawberry and lime cider. Worth taking a punt if you're a kopperberg fan like me.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport