We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 24

1…832833835837838…1444

Comments

  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    Thanks Amymo, I might give them a call.

    Have fun making your flapjacks :) I've got to sort out all the stuff we took out of the bedrooms today. I'm hoping to put a lot of it in boxes to go to the car boot we keep planning on doing. DH takes after his mum and is such a horder but with all the stuff we will need for baby, I'm going to have to be brutal with him and get rid of it all! :);)

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    Gin, great to hear from you though it must be really hard to leave the babies at the hospital :( Hopefully you'll get them home soon *hugs*

    Bellola If you're worried I'd recommend contacting your midwife/maternity unit just so they can put your mind at rest. The staff are usually really patient and happy to help - they're rather be able to tell you everything's fine than have you worrying at home.

    I got 24 maternity towels from Asda last week - I think they were 98p for 12. Don't know what they'll be like but I figured for the price it doesn't matter if I need more or want to change brands.

    Not planning on buying any bottle feeding stuff as hoping I can breastfeed but if needed it shouldn't be too much of a bother to get stuff.

    We're quite lucky where we live because within 15 minutes drive from the hospital there's an ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys and Morrisons so it's easy enough to send people out to grab something if needed.

    Amymo can you send flapjacks? Not had a flapjack for years and used to love making them. My OH made boiled fruit cake last night which is yummy and the house still smells of cake :)

    I bought a maternity exercise ball yesterday as it was recommended by my friend and my midwife especially considering my pain relief options are being limited. Hoping it'll help :)

    If you're going to drink raspberry leaf tea when are you going to start? I wasn't going to bother but I'm starting to think that I should try everything I can to improve my chances of a relatively quick labour.

    Wow the rain has just started - can't see across the street due to the sheer volume of water falling.

    I'd better go and start my essay :( TTFN - hope everyone has a good day.
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    Mrsmanda, I think you can take it from 32 weeks and the dose changes as you progress. If you look on the EDD list post there's a supplements list link that has the information.

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Aimless wrote: »
    P.s. a sleepsuit is an all in one, a bodysuit is a vest. :)

    Agreed. Just to confuse things though, a bodysuit can have long, short or no sleeves. The difference between a bodysuit and a sleepsuits is that the latter have legs. They have feet too. Something with legs but no feet is a romper suit. :D

    baby_body_suit.jpg Bodysuit - no sleeves

    Ramalama%20Bamboo%20Baby%20Body%20Suit-36.95.jpg Bodysuit - short sleeves

    Baby-and-Newborn-Bodysuits-B1-.jpg Bodysuit - long sleeves

    Bamboo%20Baby%20Chocolate%20and%20Natural%20Knitted%20Bodysuit.jpg Rompersuit

    sleepsuit.gif Sleepsuit
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    I'm watching last week's Apprentice and I saw someone eating chips and sausage in batter. Is it wrong that all I can think of now is eating sausage in batter and it's not even 11am?!

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • Amymo
    Amymo Posts: 514 Forumite
    Perfectly acceptable Emsbet, why only last week I was waiting outside the chippy for it to open because I woke up thinking of chips with salt and vinegar and couldn't get it off my mind!

    40+3 today, I really want to get this baby out and meet her, but it's looking like she'll have to hang on so I can make my sis' wedding this weekend, looking forward to my mw appointment this afternoon to find out about dates for induction etc. Now I really must get away from the computer before my bum goes numb again! Have a good day ladies! x
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ginvzt wrote: »
    Dizzy, thank you so much. I know hospital stay is mot the most pleasant, and I was offered to stay another day or two, but I decided to cut it all and go, as otherwise I would have been crying with the prospect of leaving them there. Most of the midwiveswere lovely, apart from the weekend nightshift. Ohara room on my own, and although I could hear the babies around, it did not bother me too much - at least I wasn't stuck in a room with 3 other mums and their babies.

    Emilio and Maya are still in incubators and not clothed apart from their nappies. I will need quite a few more of the micro nappies, and they are not offer that much these days.

    Oh don't get me started on this one - I've muttered my way darkly around various supermarket nappy special offer aisles (and Mothercare in Derby who don't stock them at ALL) complaining about the discrimination against parents of preemies who don't get to take advantage of nappy special offers.

    We found Tesco about the cheapest, but their stock tends to be variable on them... Tesco do do a premature size 0 nappy in their own make - but I found them pretty crud - the extra bulk when you're working so small really makes a difference and they gave Erin nappy rash which cleared up when we swapped back to the Pampers.

    Had to laugh though - you know those Tesco offer vouchers linked to what you've just been buying that the till spits out with your receipt? Hubby had gone in specifically to buy micro nappies... you know, premature size 0... and the till gives him a discount voucher - for size 7 Pampers! Optimism about how fast she's going to gain weight or what?! (Mind you - at the rate she's going - apparently she's going pretty fast for a preemie and at the rate they'd expect a full-term baby to be gaining)

    And I just call them babygros (outside stuff) and vesties (inside stuff)!
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Size 7 :eek: I didn't even think they went that large!
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • gtothec
    gtothec Posts: 234 Forumite
    Lou Kazade noticed a sale in GAP on the Grabbit board. There's a few maternity bits, but not many sizes.

    This is nice though
    http://www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=73115&vid=1&pid=907307

    Hopefully there'll be more stock in store. I hope to have a look in Belfast Gap some time this week
  • MissMonkeyMoo
    MissMonkeyMoo Posts: 356 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Gin - I love hearing all your news so you write as much as you like! Hope your LO's are out soon and home with you!

    Bellola - I;m coming up to 21 weeks and haven't really felt anything yet! Had some sensations last week but it seems to have gone quiet over the last couple of days. trying not to owrry cos baby was a right wriggler on the scan last wek and I keep reading that first time Mums may not feel baby move until 23 weeks. Have my next appt with midwife next Tues so will have a chat with her about it then.

    Amymo - OOOOoooooooooo! Flapjacks! I really want some now, I made oat and raisin cookies last week and Oh and I sat and munched three each whilst they were still warm! They would have been lovely with a bit of vanilla ice-cream as well!

    Emsbet - sausage in batter and chips sounds awesome, but then I always fancy chippy-chips and pizza! I am a fiend for both of those things so I am amazed that I have literally just turned down the offer of a dominos as my colleague is ordering in pizza for lunch! I really want it, but I've got a nice healthy salad to look forward to! Maybe I'll get chips tonight......
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.