We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 24

1…824825827829830…1444

Comments

  • He's expressing his approval! Babies kick when they're happy :)

    Haha it was a very yummy lolly :) one of the swizzels ones :D I will take bumps approval as a greenlight to indulge as often as required :p

    Re: the breast pads, I honestly can't remember but would also like to know the answer :o I do recall having cabbage inside my bra last time to ease the pain of the milk drying up (didn't BF)... if anyone curious, it did work but felt slightly odd walking round with wilted cabbage boobs :rotfl:
  • Amymo
    Amymo Posts: 514 Forumite
    Haha it was a very yummy lolly :) one of the swizzels ones :D I will take bumps approval as a greenlight to indulge as often as required :p

    Re: the breast pads, I honestly can't remember but would also like to know the answer :o I do recall having cabbage inside my bra last time to ease the pain of the milk drying up (didn't BF)... if anyone curious, it did work but felt slightly odd walking round with wilted cabbage boobs :rotfl:

    Hmmm, probably one of those don't knock it til you've tried it things but my DH would die laughing if he saw me with cabbage leaves popping out me cleavage! He already finds my beached whale impression hilarious and commented that the car lifted then dropped about ten inches when I got out last week! (He's lovely really by the way, very complimentary about my bump, it's just his humour is to make fun of me!)

    I had a trial run of some lansinoh pads I got in the Emma's Diary bag a few weeks ago after the BF lady at our class recommended we see which stayed put best, the cheapo Morrissons ones rolled up in my bra after an hour so well worth trying some out I say!
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Did you like the Lansinoh ones, Anymo?
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • I have just had a count up of the clothes we have for baby and we don't have as many as I thought :o

    I have so far:

    1 x Bath towel and mitt
    3 x Muslin squares (defo need more of these!)

    7x 0-3month sleepsuits
    12 x 0-3 months bodysuits
    3 x newborn hats

    2 x scratch mitts (as with muslin squares - need more)

    1 x 'coming home' outfit

    1 x 3-6 month sleep suit and hat

    How much more would you all buy? I don't want to buy so much I end up with stuff not worn but the above list doesn't seem like enough really!
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    Emsbet I don't know about you but it's a lot of effort to go shopping nowadays so I get really disheartened when I don't find what I want. Mine are all under the bump trousers but now I'm finding them annoying and falling/rolling down.

    I have underbump and side panel ones and I don't find them uncomfortable but I don't like the way they squash my bump. I have overbump black trousers and they look much better.
    Amymo wrote: »
    Emsbet, I hate an unsuccessful shopping trip, did you get yourself anything nice as a wee treat?

    I managed to get a nice red/white stripey top from H&M and some pjs from primark so not totally unsuccessful. I also went to cafe Nero and treated myself to a panini and caramel wafer :)

    Couldn't find any overbump skinny jeans or jeggings on line but I've ordered some bootcut overbump jeans from ASDA and two pairs of overbump cropped leggings from eBay so hopefully they fit when they arrive :o

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • Jovi I'm also unsure about how many of everything we'll need. I don't want to overdo it all. I've a long list of things we've got so I can see the gaps. I've bought big lots of clothes so far from new born, 0-3 and 3-6. I'm going to start looking for 6-9 next. I probably have 20 tshirts, 10 trousers, 10 sleep suits and forget how many vests. No socks yet though.
    As for muslin squares, I'm really baffled about the usefulness of these. They look very thin to absorb much vomit. I think it was Gin who bought little white towels from Ikea for 19p each instead. I have some of these already so may stock up on these instead.

    Least you got a few nice bits Emsbet if all else fails you'll just have to wear PJs lol. Always nice and comfy ;) I got jeans in asda the waistband is prob 4-5 inches so looks bigger than the other jeans, saying that I've not tried them on yet :confused:
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    LMM- i didn't bother with muslin squares.. I used terry toweling :) x
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    Quite frankly I could live in pjs although I'm not one of these "ladies" who does the shopping in them ;)

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    I have just had a count up of the clothes we have for baby and we don't have as many as I thought :o

    I have so far:

    1 x Bath towel and mitt
    3 x Muslin squares (defo need more of these!)

    7x 0-3month sleepsuits
    12 x 0-3 months bodysuits
    3 x newborn hats

    2 x scratch mitts (as with muslin squares - need more)

    1 x 'coming home' outfit

    1 x 3-6 month sleep suit and hat

    How much more would you all buy? I don't want to buy so much I end up with stuff not worn but the above list doesn't seem like enough really!

    I wasn't really sure myself but after asking friends and family, I'd suggest you definitely need some more sleepsuits. You might want some in a smaller size too (unless you know you're having a whopper). I showed my SIL my 0-3 month stuff and she said it would swamp average-sized newborns.

    All the sleepsuits I've bought have got integrated scratch mitts so I've not bought any. (Apparently they fall off all the time). If my baby scratches when s/he's in a bodysuit (which doesn't have the mitts) I'll just sellotape its arms to its body or something.
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    emsbet wrote: »
    Quite frankly I could live in pjs although I'm not one of these "ladies" who does the shopping in them ;)

    xx

    I've been known to pop to Waitrose in my 'loungewear' :o:D
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.