We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 24

1…827828830832833…1444

Comments

  • *Redhead*
    *Redhead* Posts: 512 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2012 at 9:07PM
    Gilly. We bought the Dove Grey Mylo. It was between that and Black Jack, but our big store had a Dove Grey one in stock and after your performance with Mamas and Papas delivery, i didnt want to chance it.

    Ikkle. My grandad was the same, he didnt once mention the baby when i was pregnant, but when he was here he fussed over him like mad. My mum explained afterwards that he didnt want to get attached in case something happened, as he and my grandma lost a baby at 5 weeks to go, so now he doesn't like to get excited :( Maybe its something like that.

    On the Asda sleepsuit front, the ones in the packets, 2 for a fiver ish, wash really well. I've just sold all my first size for a good amount as they're still in fab condition. I would just mention that the single ones, around £6 each, dont wash too well, and our navy/bright blue Tigger and Sylvester ones, faded quite a lot.

    I'd definitely say get at least 2 first size for the hospital bag. Little man was 9lb 4oz and he needed the first size sleepsuits and tiny baby hat. OH had to nip to asda after we got home for some small ones as we'd only got 0-3 Months based on his predicted size.

    And maternity jeans, i bought some Blooming Marvellous ones from Mothercare, and they're so comfy. I still wear them now :D

    xxx
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Boooo, I love the dove grey and it's what we ordered originally but I know how clumsy I am and if it didn't look pristine I'd end up buying something else for baby # 2 so OH made us get the black jack! Still love it though :D
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • alizee
    alizee Posts: 310 Forumite
    bump bands are great - also a lifesaver in this pregnancy - (now this is going to sound very odd) are ...ready for it? Lycra boob tubes from primark. I got them in the sale for £1 a pop, they are basically like vests without straps, i used them as bump bands and just to cover up the bump whenever i was wearing something that had the chance to ride up, etc.
    and i also plan to use them under my tops to cover my tummy when i'm breastfeeding.
  • *Redhead*
    *Redhead* Posts: 512 Forumite
    I love mine too. I haven't found any bad points yet, even the raincover impressed me :D Haven't used the seat unit yet though obviously so will have to see what that bit is like.

    Love the changing bag too. Can fit loads in mine.

    Can't believe how quiet the Newborn thread is today.
  • Teerah
    Teerah Posts: 1,794
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thats a brilliant idea alizee!
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've not used the seat unit either, gonna give it a try though, but Aaron is weeny so have a feeling he'l look lost.

    It's quiet because we're all over on the facebook group. Wanna join?
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • rjh090384 wrote: »
    I love my peacocks over bump jeans. My next under bump ones fall down lol. Need slip in trainers soon. Shoe tying getting difficult

    I LOVE my jeans from Peacocks and are the only ones I found to fit. They are also much cheaper than a lot of other shops maternity ranges.

    I was lucky and got given loads of maternity clothes as my sister had a baby last August ( I actually announced my pregnancy to her by saying "have you still got your maternity clothes? Can I have have them? :) ) But the only thing that didn't fit were the jeans.

    Bought mine about 2 months ago and I am at a loss when they are in the wash! Got 6 weeks left so wonder how long they will last. Can't moan though as thanks to my sister have only bought 1 pair jeans, 2 tops and underwear!
    [STRIKE]Debt 2010 £74,000[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Debt 2012 £42,000[/STRIKE] Debt Jan 2013 £38558 Baby boy born 19/05/2012 :)
  • alizee wrote: »
    bump bands are great - also a lifesaver in this pregnancy - (now this is going to sound very odd) are ...ready for it? Lycra boob tubes from primark. I got them in the sale for £1 a pop, they are basically like vests without straps, i used them as bump bands and just to cover up the bump whenever i was wearing something that had the chance to ride up, etc.
    and i also plan to use them under my tops to cover my tummy when i'm breastfeeding.

    Fab idea!!!
    [STRIKE]Debt 2010 £74,000[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Debt 2012 £42,000[/STRIKE] Debt Jan 2013 £38558 Baby boy born 19/05/2012 :)
  • rjh090384
    rjh090384 Posts: 2,224
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got two pairs of peacocks I been wearing them for three months as baby say quite low and normal jeans didn't fit. Three and half months to go. Hope they last!
    love you lots like jelly tots :o
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    If anyone's like me and has been going through lots of panty liners you might like to know that Tesco have a brand called Halo on sale, half price 50p for 20. Also they give 15p from each sale to charity.

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.