Be Wise... don't go with "Be Wiser" Car Insurance!

Options

Comments

• GJ_WRX
    GJ_WRX Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I'm another BeWiser victim.

I got a quote through go compare, put in 0 no claims (as had comp cars for years), they also took this to mean 9 years! They called and ran through the details of the quote after I had accepted their offer and paid a deposit. I corrected them about the no claims and they said they were ok to do this as I had more than that in driving experience. They then asked for my employers details as wanted to verify my claims record with them.

They then harassed my employer(smallish company with no fleet deparrtment) to get a letter to say I hadn't had any claims whilst threatening me with cancelation if they didn't get this.

Eventually it was all sorted and everything was ok.

A month ago I bought a new car but still had the old one so took out a new policy with privilege, zero no claims and no hassle at all.

Last week I sold the of car so called to cancel the BeWiser policy, this took over 16 minutes, most of it on hold or questioning me as to why I did renew with them! After having a policy for 7 month, paying a deposit and making 6 of the 9 payments they did not offer me any refund and could not explain why!

Now a few days later I've just had another email and text saying this months payment hasn't gone through and my policy will be cancelled!!

Absolute incompetent muppets! I've never experienced such a deceitful company with such low life business practices. I would never use them again. They top my list as the worst company out there beating Virgin media and yodel couriers.
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Absolute incompetent muppets!

They also phone you up and put you on hold.
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • PartySplash
    Options
    Having read all the comments regarding this company I have to say they are nothing short of Criminal and should be reported to trading standards.

I registered via the gocompare website and saw what appeared to be a great deal for my motorbike insurance with Bewiser insurance. This has to be the biggest mistake I have ever made when renewing my motorbike insurance. my advice would be "STAY AWAY from Be Wiser insurance"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, I got letter saying I needed to contact them immediately, so I did. I was told on the phone it was just to check everything was correct. Then the call centre person asked me for proof of my advanced driving? I said I had no advanced driving or riding and I had never suggested I had when I applied for the insurance.

BANG! sorry sir you will have to pay an additional £47.00.

I refused completely and requested my money back as I had never been asked for advanced driving in the online application form so why are they asking for it now. they immediately tried to then reduce the additional cost to £12.00 which again I refused and asked for my money back. They then let it go.

I got an email then suggesting that I had endorsements on my licence so they would have to increase my premium> Again this was totally ridiculous as I had no convictions on my licence.

I was then told I had only 6 years no claims bonus again absolute rubbish as I had 7 yrs no claims bonus.

BANG AGAIN! Sorry sir you will have to pay an additional £42.00 I have again refused to pay anything else.

They have harassed me to the point that I am now reporting them to the insurance ombudsman and the trading standards authority.

All I can say is my advice would be to stay well clear of Bewiser insurance they will cause you more stress than you could ever imagine and you are paying them for the privilege.
  • neet1_2
    neet1_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Can anyone help me?

I have been sucked in too sadly :(

I took out insurance Feb 14 and noticed the 9 yrs no claims mistake on my policy, i informed them straight away and they told me they give every new customer a free 9yr no claims bonus.
    I thought 'wow, thats great' (now i know how dumb i am :embarasse)

Anyoo, this Feb i renewed with them only to find they mailed me a proof of no claims which was for only 1yr!
    I rang ro ask why just 1 and not 10 and they said i hadnt gave them proof of the 'free 9yrs' they gave me.
    I told them the no claims i had was with them and said if ive renewed it with them shouldnt it just carry on .... they apologised and said everything was sorted and i still had the 9yrs plus the 1 =10yrs no claims ..... phewww i thought!

I was a happy bunny until they mailed (harrassed) me again in April with a warning that my policy will be cancelled if i didnt provide proof of no my no claims asap.

I rang again ..... they asked me for proof of the first 8yrs i'd had before Feb 14 which i thought was rather strange, the guy asked for all the details over the phone and was satisfied with the information then told me my policy was safe and it wouldnt be cancelled.

The next day ...... (and dont ask why i thought it ..... i just did) ..... i rang to ask if everything was ok only to be told theyd cancelled my insurance!!!!! :mad: I'd been driving for the whole day with the kids in the car! I was gobsmacked! Mortified!
    When i asked why she said i hadnt provided proof of no claims (which i did) .... i told her i'd had a conversation with a guy the day before and she said there there was no record of a conversation with anyone in their offices, there was nothing on their system to say i'd rang therefore i mustnt have! .... effectively calling me a liar :mad:

I'm absolutley LIVID with the way they treat their customers.

I asked her to find the recording since they are supposed to record all their phonecalls to which she replied it would take a good few days ..... leaving me without insurance meanwhile.

I explained i had two disabled children and needed the car every day .... she wasnt interested and said that even if they find the phonecall that they couldnt reinstate my policy.
    She then offered to put me through to customer services who would do a new policy .... grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!:mad:

I told her to stuff her policy and that i was going to take the matter further.

Today i have been trying to buy some insurance and have been turned down so far by 12 different insurers!
    I have never ever been turned down by insurance in my life!
    Has this got anything to do with Bewiser cancelling my policy do you think?:(

I have no idea what to do or who to turn to for advice. I desperately need to insure my car ... i have 2 disabled children and need the car for everything.

How can Bewiser employees sleep at night knowing what they are doing to their customers :(
    This is soo wrong and they ought to be closed down ....... surely what they are doing to us all is against the law???
    Can i report them to someone to stop them from doing this?

Gutted .... just gutted!!! :(
  • JT0276
    Options
    I to have had shocking customer service from Bewiser. My policy was increased by over £100 due to an accident that has never occurred. Trying to explain this to the multiple customer service staff has been probably the worst experience I have had in dealing with a company. I have been hung up on multiple times put on hold for extended periods not had calls returned again multiple times. Spoken down to and over. Bewiser have not excepted the evidence from my previous insurance company and have failed to provide me with an evidence of a claim against me. I find it hard to put into word how disappointed I am with the way that I have been treated by multiple bewiser staff. The managers are always to busy to call back at the time that has been arranged by them. I can full understand the frustration of the original complaint just a terible company yo deal with. Remembering that I have not had to claim anything I feel that that would be a bridge to far.
  • meganne
    Options
    havig a similar problem to yourself , did you go through complaint procedure, wondering what to do next ,

thanks jason
  • Pet50
    Pet50 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Having just been on various comparison sites and other insurance site not on these, I was phoned yesterday by Insure Wiser. They went through my details and checked all was correct, then undercut the cheapest of my quotes. I went with them and now have found all these comments. Anyone had any recent experience as these are quite old threads? Hoping I haven't done wrong.
  • Kensuekenneth
    Options
    I have been with this company for two years now with no problems. Unfortunately I have had to claim twice this year,once for theft and the second following an accident. The claims were dealt with effectively and efficiently.the staff were polite and extremely helpful particularly as I had never had an accident before.
    My policy is now due for renewal and so I may not be as fortunate with my next quote even with protected NCB.
  • greensquares1
    Options
    This is an e-mail I sent to the MD Mark Bowser-Dyke and others yesterday (8/7/16).

It doesn't contain the full story but just enough to give you a flavour and help you make an informed choice:
    Dear Dawn,

As Mr Bowker-Dyke appears unwilling to reply, I have decided to contact you.

I found your name on the Martin Lewis website. Roughly this is my problem which I have just put on a couple of forums to try and warn other people about my experiences.

I shall give it a couple of days then post it on a few more forums.

The ideal solution for me is for the company to give me ALL my money back and waive all charges. I haven't been able to use my car for months which is not acceptable.

" Now this may be peculiar to me and it is my run around not my motorhome that is involved.

This firm cold called me after I had been on one of these comparison websites, never again!

Rather naively I let them talk me into buying their Aegeas insurance policy and RAC breakdown cover. As time went along I realised that they hadn't given me what I wanted. Why didn't you check the details you ask, because despite repeated requests they wouldn't send them. They kept saying they had but by the third time they hadn't arrived I realised that they weren't going to. I have contacted them 14 times to get the details out of them about my insurance and RAC cover but in the end I contacted which legal who firstly avised me to contact Mr Bowker-Dyke, MD of bewiser, and if no reply within the statutory 8 weeks we would take it to the financial body who regulates them. Customer services department refused to tell me who regulated them and said I had to google it myself on the net!

The RAC cover is not full cover as they led me to believe but only pertains to this car. Today I had a letter from their credit control manager (whose department cannot be contacted directly, you have to go through customer services and wait till you get through to them) so I waited and waited. I finally got through to matthew who at one point informed me that I am very rude for interrupting him - strange when other operatives have been rude to me. They have a habit of repeating themselves rather than addressing your questions or problems.

Today I have been told that if I don't send them the details of my 9 year no claims bonus, with guess who Aegeas, within 7 days - I got the letter today! - they will void my insurance which cost me nearly £300 and I will only get back £45. The RAC cover is also void.

I am furious with the way they have treated me, their inefficient way of setting up the policy which was not what I had requested, their refusal to send out the documentation so I could check what they had set up. I still don't have full detailed descriptions of my car insurance policy or RAC cover.

So I have been without my car since I bought it back in April because I have been trying to cancel my insurance policy and have had to use the motorhome, cadge lifts or the bus if I'm lucky.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE COMPANIES"

As it is the weekend I very much doubt any letter from me (as Matthew suggested I do, photocopy the letter and post it) would reach you by the 11th July. It seems to me that your company have stacked the odds so that I will forfeit my payment.

I did try and use the weblink drivingexp.co.uk but that sends me to a page thanking for submitting my details when I haven't done any thing! More inefficiency leaving me in mess.

I expect to receive a reply from Mr Bowker-Dyke or yourself before the 11th July.
    Regards
    Carole Smith
  • greensquares1
    Options
    It should read Mr Bowker-Dyke, MD of bewiser
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts