Be Wise... don't go with "Be Wiser" Car Insurance!

Options

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sponge wrote: »
    I've just had a reply to this morning's email. I'd appreciate some feedback from the most learned members of MSE. Do you think this counts as full and final confirmation my policy is sorted and I won't get a shock in several weeks by them readjusting my premium? If they did, could I use this in my defence?

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

"Your driving experience has been confirmed" is generally industry speak for they've confirmed your no claims bonus.

If you need reassurance, do not be afraid to reply to the email along the lines of "I take it from your reply you have received my no claims bonus and there's nothing outstanding on my policy"
  • Majestic1919
    Options
    I used the comparison sites and then went for the others suggested on the car insurance page, just to check if there was anything better.

Started to fill in the online Be Wiser form and as soon as I had put my mobile number in (before I had finished filling in the form), I got a call from them saying that they would put me through to one of their team.
    Their quote was ridiculously high, so said firmly, thanks but no thanks. They said that they could try to lower it and call me back and I made it clear that I was going to go with one of the price comparison site quotes that I already had.
    That has not stopped them. I was called yesterday and today.

I think this company should be removed from the list on the car insurance page, as the tactics they use are desperate.

So glad that I didn't get insurance through them after reading all the above.
  • omepositer
    Options
    Hi all.

I can appreciate that there have been some major issues with Bewiser in the past.

However, I just want to say that although I had a problem with them charging a lot for a cancellation on our policy, I have just spoken to three different people in their company who have been really helpful and listened.

I have now managed to resolve the problem with a good compromise and feel happy with the experience.

I get the impression that they are trying really hard to address past issues so maybe its worth giving them another shot.

I felt they deserved some good feedback. And no, I have no links with them. In fact I started out quite angry.
    :THope this helps give a more balanced current view in the light of obvious changes taking place in Bewiser.
  • Eeyores_friend
    Options
    I had not even finished filling in the on line form for an insurance quote, when the telephone rang to give me a 'better' quote. I said well tha'ts clever I am still looking at the computer screen as I am still filling in the form.
    Anyway I agreed to go through the process and at the end I said that the quote was too high and I wasn't interested, thank you.
    Well I am afraid I lost my temper when the gentlemen would not listen and in the end I said that the conversation was at an end and please do not bother me again and I put the 'phone down.
    The next day they had the cheek to telephone me again!!!!
    I told them that before they go any further I am ex directory and would have opted out of these calls had I got a chance. So do not ring me again.

So my words to you is to be wiser don't use be wiser as they are expensive and their practice is unethical.
  • i have held my license for 21 years, to insure my classic 1972 mini last year cost £88. i just had to laugh when this company quoted me an astonishing £9540.05 for the same level of cover. they then had the audacity of calling me to ask if i was taking the cover out. buyer beware use a company with better references than these idiots.
  • Stokes8731
    Options
    Took out a quote. Told them 1 yr NCB. Didn't know quote was based on 9 years. Took out cover. Weeks later, they're asking for proof of driving history for 8 yrs, which I didn't understand until today meant NCB proof. Told them I don't have 9 yrs and never told them that I did. They demand massive hike in premium. Told the to shove it and insured elsewhere. Bewiser take £200 off me for 6 weeks cover, after 20% they kept. Will be going to FOS directly if no joy from demand for full refund of non-cover period. Bunch of criminals. I'm pretty sure disclosure works both ways and their practice is simply misleading and immoral. I will be seeking refund and compensation.
  • Stokes873
    Options
    Similar to many cases- Sold policy based on 9 yrs NCB when I declared only 1. Struggling to get full refund from them. This is 'obtaining money by deception' or fraud in my eyes. Have complained to MSE to investigate and ban BeWiser from quote system and will be talking to FOS about sharp sales practise.

Don't be fooled, this is fraud on a huge scale.
  • OnanTheBarbarian
    Options
    I read in an insurance rag yesterday that Be Wiser is opening the doors of its "training academy" to the rest of the insurance industry :D
  • simonk20
    Options
    I second that, "be wiser" insurance the worst insurance company I have ever used, I ran up to change my car on my existing policy, which was a much lower insurance group car , and they asked for another £150, so I then asked for a refund, as only had the policy for 2 months! and they offered me only half of what I paid , serious pi**ed off, avoid this company !
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 July 2014 at 12:52AM
    Options
    I've not had any contact from 'Be Wiser' since my last report, so, touch wood, I am assuming all is good. :money:

I'm curious to find out what'll happen if I switch insurance providers next year and ask 'Be Wiser' for proof of no claims. Will they say I have 1 year (I started with 0) or will they state I have 10 years (the carried over 9 + 1 new year)?

The latter seems highly unlikely as it'd be a great way to bump ones NCD and significantly reduce future premiums with other companies. Assuming they accepted it.

The alternative means I may have to stick with them come renewal time. Which I'm keen not to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure