Be Wise... don't go with "Be Wiser" Car Insurance!

Options

Comments

• bloodytickedoff
    Options
    I too have cancelled my policy with Be non the Wiser, after despicable service, being lied to, verbally and by email. It took 9 week to send a cheque. They are garbage
  • bloodytickedoff
    Options
    I decided to SORN my summer runaround, so shot an email off to Bewiser's award winning 24/7 round the clock, customer service, telling them I wished to change from full comp, to just F & T. Commonly known as a "lay-up" policy...

Within days, a reply came back saying such a policy doesnt exist. Now feeling a bit of a tcensored.gift at thinking it does and thinking that Benonthewiser must know what the heck they are talking about, there was that niggly feeling that...I know your not going to believe it...but could they be wrong.
    Surely not.
    So I googled it and google told me in 0.1234 of a second that several companies on the first page offered ...a "lay-up" policy.
    I again emailed Bebutweknowandyoudontwiser's award winning customer service, that there is such a policy.
    Immeadiatly next week a reply came back saying, no there wasnt.
    So I CCP googles page and a page from one of the insurance companies blurb that they offered a "lay-up" policy. After the next moons cycle, Bewedontgiveacrapiser responded that THEY dont offer that policy, NOT that it doesnt exist. I replied with a link to their email saying such a policy doesnt exist.......I know, I know......for all the good it did, I felt I had to get it across.
    So, why pay for a product I am not using, I wrote and cancelled my policy, asked for a refund and posted off the docs they asked for.
    The earth rotated a bit, I went on holiday, reared 2 children, nothing nada zip diddly.
    So I called bewenownorralorraiser and after a short wait of only 15 mins or so, actually spoke to an award winning live person. Silly me, I didnt read page 26b of the cancellation document that said it could take 6-8 weeks to get said refund.
    Thinking I must make sure they know all my details for a refund in case it shot of thru the internets to the nice man in Nigeria who writes to me with incredible offers, we went thru my info. Yes it will be sent back to the same method you used for paying the insurance. AH I responded, I have since closed one bank account and I suspect thats the one I used, so I'll give you an alternative. Sorry mate, said Bejobsworthiser, cant do that, money laundering act you know.
    But the account is closed and it will probably bounce back and then we will have to go thru all this hassle again with new banking details etc, I says. I could hear him smiling.
    6 weeks came and went, today is in the 9th week. Postie delivered a letter this morning with a letter from my ex bank, with a bankers draft for the amount of the refund, from my closed account.
  • This company did not send me the policy for a week.
    They do not provide a phone number you can call from your mobile in the event of a problem. I have to call them on Skype because I don't have a land line.
    They do not give you a call back when they promise to.
    they are part of LV insurance which refused to pay out 1p to me last year when my car was stolen and wrecked.

My advice is to avoid this company if you value your wallet and your heart. They charge £25 to cancel even BEFORE the policy has started.

I N C O M P E T E N T
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    .......they are part of LV insurance which refused to pay out 1p to me last year when my car was stolen and wrecked.

My advice is to avoid this company if you value your wallet and your heart. They charge £25 to cancel even BEFORE the policy has started...

No. Not part of LV.

They are an independent insurance broker.

Why was your claim rejected? (Did you dispute the decision, and escalate the dispute?)

Paying a fee to cancel is the norm with most insurers/brokers, though £25 is lower than the norm. Others are known to charge £75!
  • My advice would be avoid this company.

They gave me a quote online for £397 for my van insurance, which I paid for in full. When my conformation email arrived this had changed to £523 and they had altered my online form from 0 no claims to 9 years. Luckily I printed off the screen copy of the original quote so was able to prove what I had entered.
    I phoned them to correct the mistake and was told that the person who dealt with it was at lunch and I would be called back. As has been pointed out by others, no call back. I tried again the next day and was told the same, this time I got the name of the person who was dealing with it and said that if I did not receive a call back I would come to the office in Andover and speak to them in person. This worked and I was called 10 mins later. I was then told that I had entered the wrong NCD on the online form. I said I had not and that I would be contacting the police as they had stolen money from my card and that I could prove this as I had printed the original quote with the 0 years NCD.
    Suddenly their attitude changed and they said the computer had made a mistake and the cost would be the original £397.

Be warned.
  • Consultant2014
    Options
    Don't take this insurance. It's cheap but it's not worth it. They will never help you and you'll spend lots of money trying to communicate with them. Them they'll tell you, they'll call you back and they'll not call you back.

To change my address i had to pay a 25 pounds for each policy.

When I cancel this policy a month early they haven't refunded me a thing. They said no money was outstanding. They're a thieves. So be aware.

Them I needed my proof of no claim bonus and they took ages to send me an email, maybe 3weeks. I had to contact my actual company to contact with them because every time a call them(very expensive call) they said they'll get someone to call me back and i was waiting and waiting and nothing. And, my actual insurance was at risk of being cancel or refused.

To return your policy certificate you have to pay, because they don't send you a pre paid envelop.

It's a rubbish company, you're advised. :mad:
  • Tracy2
    Options
    Stay well away from this company. I fell for the Loss Leader quote. I was then bombarded with requests for proof of NCB, registration documents, driving licences etc. I sent them everything they asked for. I then received a letter saying they tried to call but could not get hold of me (strange as I never received any missed calls notifications) and can I call them on their 0844 number or my insurance will be cancelled. After having to wait ages for a customer service rep they then asked for all the details again. I explained I had sent them but they insisted on the back page of some docs which had no useful data. They also wanted proof of NCB after I had informed them I did not have any (new policy with my NCB on another car) this was on my insurance search details. Cut a very long story short, stay away as their Loss Leader quotes suck you in and their service, admin and constant demands for document proof is not worth it. Remember you get what you pay for
  • Carefulcustomer
    Carefulcustomer Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 16 March 2014 at 11:11PM
    Options
    While I was online in the process of purchasing the BeWiser online quote via GoCompare, BeWiser's sales rep intercepted the application and telephoned me, suggesting that he might be able to offer a better quote. (Huh?) We went through their questionnaire and he then quoted a price (which I did not realize was significantly higher than the online quote for the same coverage).

When I twigged what was happening, I objected and when I threatened to cancel, he eventually agreed to the original quote and assured me that the difference would be refunded to my bank account. (During this process, the phone mysteriously went dead twice.)

When the policy document arrived, the Statement of Insurance included several significant and suspicious errors. I emailed BeWiser the correct information and asked for confirmation. None was forthcoming.

I have now rung BeWiser and cancelled the completely unused policy -- and had to pay £25 for the privilege. The rep had no record of the agreed original premium having been restored. After trying to talk me out of the cancellation, I was assured that the balance of the premium would be sent to my bank. Ummm, not yet.

Shoddy, duplicitous and unethical. Don't BeWiser -- Beware!
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is all very worrying.

I've just bought a motor insurance policy with 'Be Wiser' as they were nearly half as cheap as the next best quote. I have 0 NCD, but have been a claim free driver on my wife's policy for over 10 years. It seems, like others, they have applied a 9 yr NCD to my policy despite my declaring no such thing.

I got several emails after paying (in full, via credit card) with various documents. The latest one being a rather dramatic email telling me my policy is about to be cancelled...

...if I don't speak to them over the phone to confirm my details.

It was then I started to wonder. Was the price too good to be true?

I called them (thanks saynoto0870) and it was a pretty straight forward conversation. The lady went through the entire quote, confirmed a few details, amended a few, but I got the opportunity to confirm I have delcared zero NCD. However, they are happy to take a claim free history as a named driver on my wife's policy.

The asked if they could contact her motor insurance company to confirm a few details, to which I, she, agreed and then an hour or so later I got another email with my policy document.

I'm still paranoid that they haven't been in touch and will not even try. They'll wait until the 14 day cooling off period has elapsed, then start the process of ripping me a new one.

I'm hoping for the best and will report back my findings. Be Wiser - you're being assessed here. Don't let me down!
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 March 2014 at 4:50AM
    Options
    If I wrongly tell an insurance company I have 9 years no claims discount in order to get a cheaper premium, is it not fraud? Would they not come down on me like a tonne of bricks?

What then is it when a broker does the same despite the client stating several times, verbally and in writing, that they have 0 and not 9 years NCD?

In an effort to limit my losses I have given them 10 days of my 14 day cooling off period to confirm my policy with the correct details. If they can't, I will cancel. I will also push them to provide a full refund as it they that have falsified my application.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure