Be Wise... don't go with "Be Wiser" Car Insurance!

Options

Comments

• cybermat
    cybermat Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    They did get £46.10 also as my first months payment and a setup fee of £117.54

not a bad screw for a 15 day policy, especially with the £115.09 demand on top

for a 1995 Peugeot 106
    considering its roughly £400 a year to insure elsewhere !

Very dodgy!
  • meljames
    meljames Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 19 April 2013 at 6:41PM
    Options
    April 19th 2013 and I am certainly - Wiser after being robbed by Bewiser.

Yes I am yet another victim of this bunch of Crooks.

Long Story short - They gave me what seem like a great quote for my car insurance, but with the incorrect information which I only noticed when I opened up the contact email last night.

Very very hard to contact them without going through their 800 number and spending a fortune on hold, over and over, again.

Then when I eventually got through, I told them the Insurance information is wrong, only to be inform by Bewiser that the DVLA database is incorrect and suggest I contact DVLA myself to update my information, because its not their fault but mine.

Oh and by the way, to correct the information would result in a new policy £150 plus pounds more expensive, than their original incorrect quote. THis seems like a scam.

I did not like the tone or attitude, and so I requested my policy (which even isnt valid until the 5th of May, a full 16 days away) be cancelled.

Then I got a big song and dance, bounced from here to there, put on hold, that eventually resulted in me being robbed of £52 pounds, just to cancel my incorrect quotation/policy.

I intend to report them to the Insurance Ombudsman/Watchdog for misleading practice.

Be wiser people - STAY AWAY FROM BEWISER Insurance Company!
  • akd1234
    akd1234 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bewiser to go to tesc's
  • bewisernow
    Options
    sadly I am also another bewiser victim.
    I wont bore you with my tale of woe.
    just got of the phone to bewiser and realise the only course of action to deal with such a bunch of crooks is to go via the FOS.
    I shall wait the required eight weeks for a response that will not come and then go to the FOS.
    I also think my case is good enough to pass on to one of the media companies.
    it might be an idea if others did to,after all the more the merrier.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Your case will reach a fair few immediately on this forum if you give it!
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Hi forgotmyname,

The posts were made some time ago, but we’d still like to hear from you if you want to discuss the problems you had.

Thank you.

In other words, you guys didn't even set up Google alerts for your brand until this year.
    Wow
  • nickmillin
    Options
    hi all im yet another bewiser customer thats been !!!! on

i took a policy out with them last year on a renault trafic van after 9 months they sent me letter and e mail asking for copy of my driving licence i did it and sent it them in my own time via fax from local shop,
    7 days later they sent letter saying i had not sent it and policy would be cancelled within 7 days, i sent it again and guess what policy was cancelled i phoned them and got into several heated debates with the staff
    this got me nowhere so that night i went on gocompare to re insure van and guess who came up ten pound a month cheaper than before ohhhh yes be wiser, within 30 seconds my phone rang to my amasement it was them offering me a better deal not through go compare, stupidly i took the policy out thinking i was saving money paid deposit of £125 and 3 installments of £46 a month, , this month they decided to phone me for conformation of the 9 years ncd i said online i had, , but i know i had typed in no ncd and started as fresh driver, they asked who my last insurer was to wich i added you and gave them policy number, yip it all came up and they said it wasnt proof of driving history, so they said my policy would go up by 875 a year and my monthly installments to 168 pond a month obviously i put the phone down

tonight i went on go compare and took a policy out with swinton for £67 deposit and £52 pounds a month so thanks swinton
    all day ive ignored bewisers 30 + calls to get me to agree to xtra money spread over my remaining months
    ive just answered phone to them only to be asked weve seen youve been on go compare looking for vehicle insurance and was wondering if we could give you a quote,,,

clearly this company doesnt know thier ###e from thier elbow so my advise steer clear from this company,

im in the process of e mailing them and the insurance ombudsmen to get this matter resolved
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Nick - can I introduce you to the full stop?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    nickmillin wrote: »
    ..... guess what policy was cancelled .......tonight i went on go compare and took a policy out with swinton for £67 deposit and £52 pounds a month........

It sounds like you haven't disclosed this cancelled policy to swinton??

If not you need to do so as you could find your policy void and any claim refused. In the event of a third party claim against you then swinton could come after you to reimburse them any payment/compensation they make to the third party.
  • Grigulec
    Options
    They stich me up too , I am going to pay a visit in their office really angry . I went abroad and now received an email my insurance is due to cancell in 7 days . 2 weeks holiday gone as I drive my car and have to bring it back to UK somehow :( I was stupid I didnt check online forum etc. 220£ is a big chunk of money they collected from me , no wonder why this company is growing fastest in the market !!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure