Be Wise... don't go with "Be Wiser" Car Insurance!

Options

Comments

• LulaEspana
    Options
    I agree. Steer very clear of Be Wiser. They mislead me on car insurance NCB when I returned from Spain. As they were rather expensive I decided to do my own thing and got car insurance this year elsewhere.

When I asked for the NCB evidence I was told they would only offer me 1 year as I was not renewing via them and so they could only give me 1 years evidence!!

I wrote a long letter of complaint and spent rather a long time on the phone to them. All to no avail. They are as my old Dad wold have called them "shady".

Please be advised and do not use Be Wiser.

My only light was the new insurance company have been brilliant and helped me to gain my NCB for 9 years - and the Policy is £350 cheaper than Be Wiser wanted.

BE WARNED!
  • kurgon
    kurgon Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    I need to agree too.

We just got a quote that was over 2 times as much as any one else.

2 phone calls per day for 8 days (so far) later...............

Maybe they should take advice from their own name?
  • susanbythesea
    Options
    Hmm... typically I only found this item after taking out a policy, they have quoted, set up and taken payment for a year, now are calling wanting proof of my driving experience, thats fine as I have no NCB but I am concerned why ask for proof AFTER they issue the policy... has anyone not provided proof?
  • Gasz
    Options
    I've put a new post up. however to add to this, they aren't reforming at all.

They are the biggest scam artists going. On renewal whilst waiting for a non-fault claim to come back, the renewal cost went from £400 - £1200 with a promise of a refund when the claim came back non-fault.

When it came back, the refund: £100

£1100 car insurance when everywhere else is £400. Noone on the phone or email cares in BeWiser - i've added the story seperately as they are a complete joke!

Avoid, avoid, avoid!
  • Sid:Justice
    Sid:Justice Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 February 2015 at 1:14PM
    Options
    I'm so grateful to everyone who has posted on the Internet telling their story about this disgraceful 'company'. I will share my awful experience on here once it's over. Wish me luck everyone.

(Text removed from MSE Forum Team)
  • Dottie100
    Options
    STAY WELL AWAY. WHEN YOU GET THROUGH TO THEM THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE INSURED WITH. I WAS PUT THOUGH TO THE SAME COMPANY TWICE SADLY THEY WERE NOT MY INSURANCE COMPANY
    You get passed from pillar to post and lied to constantly.

PLEASE TAKE ADVICE FROM THIS FORUM AND STAY CLEAR
  • Learning_Curve
    Options
    I had a problem with Bewiser as well. I entered 7 years NCD on the online form but the papers came stating this ubiquitous 9 years NCD. I had also paid in full at the time of taking out the purchase, not by instalments, but they only sent me a temporary cover note. I had a strange email from them telling me my previous insurer "allowed" up to 5 years NCD and I "only" had 7 years! I emailed the proof of NCD and I received a call from them saying all the details were confirmed and I followed this up with another call to confirm because I had not received the certificate of insurance. I then received an urgent letter from them stating that they needed to urgently discuss the details supplied and they threatened to cancel my policy within 7 days. They emailed me back saying I could ignore the letter and that they were currently in the process of "verifying your driving history" (I have never had this sort of comment from any insurer before). I told them I was not impressed with the stressful goings on by them, they replied saying they had 155,000 satisfied customers. I emailed to ask when I would be receiving the certificate of insurance and said I had never had these problems with any other insurer before and never been only issued with a temporary cover note before. They finally emailed it to me and then emailed me again with the cheek to ask me to complete a customer survey! It took them 25 days to issue my certificate of insurance with all this to-ing and fro-ing. Needless to say I did not renew with them again.

The weird thing is, this year, I again used a comparison site (can't remember which one) and found a policy through Sainsbury's bank. yet again, this 9 years NCD thing came up. I didn't recall entering anything about 9 years NCD and it seemed very unlikely because I had 8 years at the time of filling out the form, on our other car, but 1 year on this car - which was the proof I sent them.

They wrote to me asking for more money if I couldn't prove I had 9 years NCD because the one I sent for this car only showed 1 year. I sent a stern email sending a copy of the NCD from our other car and said I had been driving since 18 (I'm well over that now!) and never made a claim. They then sent me a letter issuing another certificate of insurance and terms of cover that was stated to be amended, but no mention of additional premium. I don't know what's been amended, they say I asked for the amendments but I didn't!

The strange thing is, I thought it odd that they said I stated 9 years NCD and clearly this is some sort of thing with comparison websites or at least a dodgy thing with online insurance where they use it as a default of some sort, otherwise why would we all be getting this 9 years NCD claim when we haven't entered it?!
  • tyke60
    tyke60 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 24 March 2015 at 12:52AM
    Options
    Looks like this is a standard scam by Bewiser.....I was promised my NCB acquired on a mot-ability policy would be mirrored and paid up front. (£411) After 3 weeks of emails/phone calls they now tell me they were wrong and will be cancelling the policy.....they will also charge me short term rates and cancellation fees so I will only be refunded £226 ....(and wait up to 60 days for it) .£185 for 1 months insurance!!!.........I have submitted a letter of complaint demanding to be charged only at a pro rata rate for the month at standard rates and no cancellation fees. As I dont hold out much hope I have already prepared a letter to the Financial Ombudsman. I also have the CEOs email address as a last resort.......here it is if you feel the need to vent your frustration.....[Personal email address removed].

STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY...........
  • pink_boots
    pink_boots Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A broker put me through to this lot. What a nightmare. I wish I had known about them from this forum. I could not keep up with the bloke because he spoke so quickly. Anyway was promised this that and the next thing and of course the quote was only valid for today. Yes right. I kept trying to jot down the details . When I said I would need to try and decipher what I tried to put down, he got very aggressive and asked me what was wrong with the quote. I told him I do not sign up for anything unless I see it written down on paper and wanted to see the quote. He told me they don't do that because of the environment lol. Then suddenly he dropped the price of the quote twice. Screaming down the phone at me. I told him he was pressuring me and I would not stand for that and slammed down the phone. When the broker phoned back to see how I got on. Let's just say he went off with a flea in his ear. Are there any decent companies out there? I think I asked a stupid question. No I am sure I did.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try LV or Direct Line
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts